ELO: Votes and restrictions

Tuesday 08/09/2009, 10:14
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
307 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Tuesday 08/09/2009, 10:14

We've already told you that we were going to see how things would be going with the secret voting system about possible changes in ELO mode. And that's exactly what we’ve done.

Firstly, we’ve decided to leave the voting system as it is. It works well and should work even better in the future with characters banned thanks to votes.

We've checked voting results and the most frequently played characters in ELO stats.
We've decided to permanently ban 5 characters: Kolos, Marco, Zatman, Hawk and Ratanah.

Kolos is permanently banned because it was obvious that you did not want him in ELO any more. He’s been banned nearly every weeks since the voting system release and we thought it was pointless to keep on using your votes against him.

Marco, Zatman, Hawk and Ratanah have also been frequently banned by your votes so we thought that these permanent bans would offer a fairer game.
Admittedly Ratanah was banned less often than Shakra but we calculated that her ban would greatly help in reducing the Roots' dominance while still making them playable. Whereas Shakra’s ban would have left the Roots with very strong chances of building powerful half-decks for a reasonable amount of stars.

We didn’t want to ban any All Stars or Piranas (Smokey or Striker, for example) even if they were concentrating a large part of votes. We figured out you would be more free to vote and decide by yourselves which characters need to be remove from ELO.

Have fun !
« Previous12...2425262728293031Next »

231/307
SadisticCynic - Hero English
Sunday 02/05/2010, 15:03

Ty
232/307
5ar G - Guru English
Sunday 02/05/2010, 18:09

Guys...this system sometimes ruins ELO...This week : Caelus,Copper. Met copper like 4 times. But caelus... omg for like 15 times this week. When "beasts" are released ELO becomes unbalanced...I'd rather face Ratanah than Caelus to be honest.
233/307
Kate - Urban Rivals Staff English
Sunday 02/05/2010, 18:13

IBTD, it wasn't me taking a shot, it was just me being funny.
TBH, I didn't expect it to go through, like 80% of my comments on the Strategy and Tactics board (except for one thread).
I try to make useful, if not, less random comment on there than I do here, but somehow these ones get approved.
Too late for me to take it back, it's already out there. Blame one of the mods or "community managers" that approve posts here because obviously someone isn't doing their job.
234/307
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 02/05/2010, 18:46

Horo-i was just pointing out copper's pros and cons.and the reason why i say copper would be easy to fit into a Piranas/sentinels half deck due to the super low star count that the Piranas have as a luxury,and factor in that copper is usable at level 4,and thats why copper would be banned,but on the other hand the metagame is ironically enough the cards that would demolish copper's capabilities.so on the one hand i can see copper being temp-banned but a full out perma-ban isnt in working order until at least the metagame shifts gears,and passes the torch to another clan.
235/307
AllKnowingGod - Senior - Vicious Salvo English
Sunday 02/05/2010, 21:27

But, a card that is very solid and deadly is Caelus (R) this week.

I think UR must ban him, look, its ability unstoppable.
How many cards stop both ability and bonus? maybe 10, or little more or less?
Caelus (R) is deadly, but no VS Bangers or All Star, but it still, so threatening.

Guys...this system sometimes ruins ELO...This week : Caelus (R),Copper (U). Met Copper (U) like 4 times. But Caelus (R)... omg for like 15 times this week. When "beasts" are released ELO becomes unbalanced...I'd rather face Ratanah (U) than Caelus (R) to be honest.

all i have to say to those remarks are...my Prince Jr chewed caelus up and spit him out today in dt...caelus isnt all high and mighty as you all make him out to be...every clan has a good attack manipulator..stop being soa dependent..im not saying get rid of your soa..im just saying make room for attack manipulation.. ..because cards like calues and Oshitsune are more than likely about to take clint city over..stop fearing them and start fighting them...the age of SOA is almost over..and im very happy ..i hope the next clan has solid powers or power manipulating abiities and their bonus is STOP:+3 POWER..that will stop the cowardly soa decks =p
236/307
Kate - Urban Rivals Staff English
Sunday 02/05/2010, 21:46

Using Prince Jr has no effect on caelus
Only if you overpilled him by 1 to beat caelus in a same attack, lower starred battle
237/307
BesucherXia - Titan - XiongDang Deutsch
Monday 03/05/2010, 00:01

You are lucky to have used Prince Jr to stop caelus. If your opp was more careful or experienced, he should always play caelus with at least 6 pillz and for that amount you would have to use 7 pillz on most of your montanas - you can not afford that, but for a damage 8 monster thats hardly a waste.
238/307
yk-lyss - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Monday 03/05/2010, 00:05

Caelus received over half the votes this week, he requires for players to build anti decks. Do you need any more reasons to ban him? :S
239/307
TnT_Mathwiz - Imperator English
Monday 03/05/2010, 00:34

Caelus needs to go. Wee Lee needs to be readmitted. End of story.
240/307
AllKnowingGod - Senior - Vicious Salvo English
Monday 03/05/2010, 01:37

Caelus shouldnt go...the thing so great about Skeelz is you cant stop their abilities..caelus isnt that scary to non soa dependent people such as myself =x..just give ihm the win if you can beat him ..but i dont think Wee Lee will be unbanned atleast i hope not wink wink

« Previous12...2425262728293031Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals