ELO: Votes and restrictions

Tuesday 08/09/2009, 10:14
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
307 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Tuesday 08/09/2009, 10:14

We've already told you that we were going to see how things would be going with the secret voting system about possible changes in ELO mode. And that's exactly what we’ve done.

Firstly, we’ve decided to leave the voting system as it is. It works well and should work even better in the future with characters banned thanks to votes.

We've checked voting results and the most frequently played characters in ELO stats.
We've decided to permanently ban 5 characters: Kolos, Marco, Zatman, Hawk and Ratanah.

Kolos is permanently banned because it was obvious that you did not want him in ELO any more. He’s been banned nearly every weeks since the voting system release and we thought it was pointless to keep on using your votes against him.

Marco, Zatman, Hawk and Ratanah have also been frequently banned by your votes so we thought that these permanent bans would offer a fairer game.
Admittedly Ratanah was banned less often than Shakra but we calculated that her ban would greatly help in reducing the Roots' dominance while still making them playable. Whereas Shakra’s ban would have left the Roots with very strong chances of building powerful half-decks for a reasonable amount of stars.

We didn’t want to ban any All Stars or Piranas (Smokey or Striker, for example) even if they were concentrating a large part of votes. We figured out you would be more free to vote and decide by yourselves which characters need to be remove from ELO.

Have fun !
« Previous12...2425262728293031Next »

261/307
Madone - Veteran - Warriors Of Oz English
Tuesday 18/05/2010, 18:48

"We didn’t want to ban any All Stars or Piranas (Smokey or Striker (U), for example) even if they were concentrating a large part of votes. We figured out you would be more free to vote and decide by yourselves which characters need to be remove from ELO." ~ Euzebe
So your saying you wont do it if needed we need to?
So you'll tear apart clans that can be blocked like Nightmare or Ghiest. Or other clans that have full blocker sense to my knowledge everone has at least one full black unit.So even knowing All Stars or Piranas are way to strong you wont do anything about it but do votes meaning people who hate seeing one card or its there decks bane will start getting wiped out till elo is just a term for super restricted decks.Bravo.

Kolos needs an unban Soa and hes a normal card with a bounse
Ratanah shes big card with a good effect once again Soa and shes just a big card can over power her. and theres other 8's or power = oppent effect out there to tango with these high cards.
Zatman I hate but throw a full blocker at him (night mare its a 6/6) and u can stop him and if u pill enough might even hit.
Hawk big card once again Throw a blocker at him and hes just a big card. other 8's out there people.
Serously i think alot of normal cards need some banning but complaining about it or voting will get me laughed at.
Unban the cards Unpermban Kolos. Soa him people. and hes just a 7/4!yesh.
Well thats my throughs and my point of view.
vote me down vote me up.
~MadOne
262/307
Wakka02 - Imperator English
Wednesday 19/05/2010, 10:11

There aren't really any cards worth perma-banning in the Piranas. Who're you gonna ban? Scubb? Dalhia? Selma? Smokey Cr? Then going by your Kolos theory, SOA turns them all into normal cards with an SOB.

The cards were permabanned because people hated fighting them so much, they banned them nearly every week. Your theories all function under the concept that when facing them, you'll have a draw that's just right for it. Every card has their pet peeve, except maybe the god cards that are just cheap (DJ Korr Cr comes to mind). There's a counter for everything, it depends on whether you get it in your hand or not.

Screaming blockers and SOA don't mean anything if you don't get yourself that win. And there are only so many all stops in game, 8 of them to be exact. Besides, you want to throw Glorg against Zatman? You can't be serious. You're practically throwing the 6 damage away. Every 3 pillz he plays, you have to play 5 just to beat. A Zatman with 5 pillz is 48 attack; your Glorg will have to pill 8 just to pass through that. In that case, Zatman not only dealt 4 damage to you, he stopped one of your larger damage cards from getting through. Worthwhile deal? I would think so.
263/307
0 Xavi - Titan English
Friday 21/05/2010, 08:39

Ban Bob Joby! Waaaaaay OP!
264/307
Mr-Rainy - Guru - GUNSLINGERS OF THE WEST ACADEMY English
Friday 28/05/2010, 02:10

I don't understand why Marco is banned. he needs an enitre deck of Rescue to get his 9/7 stats and even then anyone with any sort of Stop Ability completely neuters him. If you want to ban someone, ban Bodenpower. he is capapble of attaining 9/7 just like Marco except Stop Ability doesn't affect his stats, and he only needs ONE of his clan members to become super powered.

because right now it just doesn't make sense why this guy would be banned from ELO when I can just substitute Bodenpower and at least one other Bangers to activate his bonus. C'mon, show Rescue a little love!
265/307
-Wicer- - Moderator - Harbingers of Ares English
Friday 28/05/2010, 03:12

@ Mr-Rainy

Marco was banned (from what I know he was banned before I joined) because at the time he was overpowered. But he still is annoying and he will increase Rescue in Elo and they do get annoying.
266/307
0 Anderson - Titan - UTOPiA English
Friday 28/05/2010, 05:20

@Mr.Rainy
what if they get hit with SOB?
marco= 9/7
Bodenpower= 7/7
267/307
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 28/05/2010, 11:42

@Mr.Rainy

You forgot about something Bodenpower is a 7,7 with -5 attack ability and +2 power bonus.

Marco is a 5,7 support power +1 and support attack +3 bonus. (The bonus makes him broken).

If marko works completly he is a 9,7 +12 attack powerhouse and hes part of a clan thats used a lot.
Bodenpower when full is a 9,7 -5 attack card but he is part of a clan that is not usally used and dosn't have a load of strong cards.
268/307
Vinyl-Scratch - Titan - D-Versified English
Friday 28/05/2010, 14:02

"@Mr.Rainy
what if they get hit with SOB?
Marco (R)= 9/7
Bodenpower (U)= 7/7"
Do I really need to state the obvious here

what if they get hit with SOA?
Marco (R)= 5/7
Bodenpower (U)= 9/7

I think that is alot worse. Lets ban Bodenpower.
269/307
Trippie - Legend - Open Casket English
Friday 28/05/2010, 15:15

The thing is that Rescue are made for mono..so they will always have ample 2* and 3* to keep the star count low.

Bangers, on the other hand, in mono, will nearly always have Shann and Blaaster making it extremely difficult to fit Bodenpower in.

In half decks Blaaster is a must, and so Bodenpower will either make the deck unbalanced in terms of low star cards or that the other half will be extremely weak (unless you're using Roots or Sakrohm)
270/307
Vinyl-Scratch - Titan - D-Versified English
Friday 28/05/2010, 17:51

So, that doesn't change the fact that he needs a ban.

« Previous12...2425262728293031Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals