ELO: Votes and restrictions

Tuesday 08/09/2009, 10:14
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
307 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Tuesday 08/09/2009, 10:14

We've already told you that we were going to see how things would be going with the secret voting system about possible changes in ELO mode. And that's exactly what we’ve done.

Firstly, we’ve decided to leave the voting system as it is. It works well and should work even better in the future with characters banned thanks to votes.

We've checked voting results and the most frequently played characters in ELO stats.
We've decided to permanently ban 5 characters: Kolos, Marco, Zatman, Hawk and Ratanah.

Kolos is permanently banned because it was obvious that you did not want him in ELO any more. He’s been banned nearly every weeks since the voting system release and we thought it was pointless to keep on using your votes against him.

Marco, Zatman, Hawk and Ratanah have also been frequently banned by your votes so we thought that these permanent bans would offer a fairer game.
Admittedly Ratanah was banned less often than Shakra but we calculated that her ban would greatly help in reducing the Roots' dominance while still making them playable. Whereas Shakra’s ban would have left the Roots with very strong chances of building powerful half-decks for a reasonable amount of stars.

We didn’t want to ban any All Stars or Piranas (Smokey or Striker, for example) even if they were concentrating a large part of votes. We figured out you would be more free to vote and decide by yourselves which characters need to be remove from ELO.

Have fun !
« Previous12...2425262728293031Next »

271/307
maki_mUR - Legend - Dragons Cro Clan English
Friday 28/05/2010, 20:31

It does, he rarely sees any elo play. Unlike Marco would if he was unbanned.
272/307
Mr-Rainy - Guru - GUNSLINGERS OF THE WEST ACADEMY English
Saturday 29/05/2010, 00:26

Here's my main Beef in Bodenpower vs. Marco:

Marco NEEDS to be in a mono-Rescue deck, and even then (concerning ELO mode) he is rendered completely ineffective by anyone with "Stop Ability". This is ELO we're talking about, where nine times out of ten you fight someone who has at least two cards with stop ability in their deck.

Now consider Bodenpower: He needs only ONE other Bangers to reach the 9/7. Stop ability won't destroy his effectiveness (Even stop bonus doesn't cripple him that much, he still has base stats of 7/7 unlike Marco'os 5/7)

Which brings me to my main point: If you're going to ban a potential 9/7 card for being overpowered, Bodenpower is the logical choice over Marco. Boden power works in split decks, isn't affected by Stop ability and can remain strong even against Stop Bonus at a respectable (some might argue powerful) 7/7. marco is absolutely DESTROYED by stop ability (and for that matter, so is pretty much ALL of Rescue) In addition, Marco only works at maximum effectiveness if you get a full Rescue deck in play.

To summarize: If you really MUST ban a potential 9/7 card, switch Marco's place with Bodenpower. I can't make Marco effective without my full Rescue deck, which can be easily stopped with a single Stop Ability. Wheras Bodenpower remains effective no matter what, and he can be used in split decks. Rescue, while powerful on paper, turn to dust in the face of Stop Ability, and Marco is no different.
273/307
BesucherXia - Titan - XiongDang Deutsch
Saturday 29/05/2010, 06:35

Firstly, I think it's a common sense that all Rescue are ever in mono decks, so no one really cares if Marco is a support+1P or power +4 card.

Secondly, there is a huge deffience between -5 atk and +12 atk, just consider why you would never build a Sentinel-sakrom-junks-Leader four clan rainbow deck. That will show the importance of those "little 8 atk gap".

Third, you can not conclude if a card is broken without considering his teammates and his importance to the whole clan. Rescue have the incredible advantage in low pillz fight thanks to their bonus and thats how people can easily even concerate all 12 pillz on the power 9 damage 7 monster. Because of Marco, Rescue can even match up in high pillz fight which should be their weakness while in Bangers you have too many high powered cards and thus Bodenpower is somewhat redundant.

Last but not the least, people ban cards not because they are broken but more because they are most hated. I beileve if one day mono Bangers get to rule ELO thanks to some new low star +atk cards (like support +5atk), people would also rush to ban their high stars to stop their lead, and thats when Shann, blaaster and even Bodenpower will face their banning.
There was a time no one cared about Striker, Marina and Toro, but now they are regularly banned, this is not beacuse their states have been improved, but because they have gotten too more influence to the metagame. So no one could really guarantee "Bodenpower is never worthy banning" IMO.
274/307
yk-lyss - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Saturday 29/05/2010, 20:49

Anyone who plays Rescue without mono clan is a fool. Just treat the bonus as +12 attack. Marco makes Rescue way OP, we have seen this when they tried unbanning him. If you're not using GHEIST or Roots he is a 9/7 +12 attack. SOB? 9/7. Every card has its flaws.

The card that needs to get banned is caelus..
275/307
TCG_Kris - Senior English
Sunday 30/05/2010, 00:08

@Mr Rainy

So far everyone seems to say Marco is better then Bodenpower other than you. And It's a bit true. Sure, you can SOA Marco to drop him to 5 Power, but he still has a big 7 Damage and +12 Attack. So if you really wanted to, he can get that 7 damage in. Plus depending on the SOA card it could be more useful to SOA against Kerry or even Lea so the bonus keeps.

Also, current Rescue prevents SOA from being used so effectively.

Such as a hand of Marco Lea Wesley and Glosh.

You can't simply start with an SOA card (which is sometimes a common play) because Glosh will run it over. And if they throw a Marco out, you can bet they'd predict an SOA or DR so he'd get little pillz (0 to 3) and still be a major pain trying to overpower. 5*4 (3+extra 1) for 20, then bonus +12 for 32 Attack. And thats against SOA. So you DR him. The strongest DR is Uranus (and she isn't in every deck) and Marco can still squeeze in 2 Damage for almost no pillz and take out your strongest DR.

Plus the time Marco was banned was a time where he and Alec Cr destroyed in Elo. You said each Deck has about 2 SOA, so whats the odds of drawing both? Because you would need both to beat Alec and Marco. So the Answer was GHEIST and Roots which Rescue quickly responded with Kerry and Lea. So at the time, it's not an understatement that Rescue was unbeatable.
276/307
LetheanTears - Guru - TRiNiTY English
Sunday 30/05/2010, 00:17

@ BesucherXia - My sentiments exactly.

Now for my opinions on (potential) perma-bans;

Kill Caelus, Ghumbo and Sylth, and I'll be the happiest player in UR.
277/307
Mr-Rainy - Guru - GUNSLINGERS OF THE WEST ACADEMY English
Tuesday 01/06/2010, 22:39

But a mono-Rescue deck is far more vulnerable than a split Bangers deck to reducers and Stop Ability.

Montanna (sp?) bonus kills the mono-Rescue bonus. The Uppers kills their bonus as well. You end up with , what, + 2 attack if you're lucky. You might as well be playing with no clan bonus at all.

And always playing with a full Mono-Rescue deck is the foolish choice. A single Stop Ability is enough to kill you. I find a Rescue/Skeelz deck works nicely, the Skeelz bonus is a nice way to wall off those Stop Ability powers.
278/307
maki_mUR - Legend - Dragons Cro Clan English
Tuesday 01/06/2010, 23:36

@Mr Rainy - I don't get how a single stop ability kills Rescue - there's always Glosh, Vinny or Sledg in your deck.
279/307
swagmaster420 - Guru - TRiNiTY English
Wednesday 02/06/2010, 02:12

The reason Marco's banned? His bonus is amazing. Zatman wouldn't be OP without his bonus, just a great card. Same with Ratanah (Without SoA, she's just another powerhouse.)
280/307
hunt11N - Hero English
Wednesday 02/06/2010, 11:20

I wasn't around when Kolos was Elo legal with the voting system, so how many votes did he get on average in terms of percent?

« Previous12...2425262728293031Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals