Basic Deck Building Guide

Monday 16/11/2009, 09:08
Z4KALW3 - Guru

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
91 messages
Z4KALW3 - Guru - Monday 16/11/2009, 09:08

(please do not post in this thread until all parts have been added)

This is a guide that focuses on the very basics of deck building. The stickies here aren't really comprehensive enough when it comes to covering what a new player should look for. Hopefully this will be a lot more helpful to confused newbies.

-

Contents
------------
1. Star Values
2. Before You start to Build
3. Building A Balanced Deck
4. Advanced Deck Building Techniques
5. What's Next?
« Previous12345678910Next »

21/91
seiferam - Senior English
Monday 14/12/2009, 03:07

Hi everyone!
I'm totaly new here and I'm in the process of learning about the gameplay. What I can't find is a decent explenation about Leader cards and their mechanics. For example i was in a game yesterday and my Timber won against a higher attack opponent (pills calculation included). I think it was 24 vs 15... And as Timber was about to lose suddenly he couldn't take more damage.
Can anyone explain this please?
22/91
PaladinRS - Legend English
Monday 14/12/2009, 04:45

Another good random filler is Uranus
23/91
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Tuesday 15/12/2009, 15:06

@seiferam

You were in a random room. Random rooms mean that higher attacks only have a better chance of winning, it's not exculsive to Leader cards.

Non random rooms mean highest attack ALWAYS wins.

You can select which type to play in at the top of the lobby, or set the default in your profile.
24/91
Noumpsy_LoU - Hero English
Thursday 17/12/2009, 18:25

Hey fellas....
im currently running a SOB deck, but i want to start a deck with Ulu Watu in it. so wanted ti ask whts the best clan to go with Ulu Watu ?
25/91
Hell-Low - Hero English
Friday 18/12/2009, 22:48

Lets say I have 60 or 70 cards . . . is it possible or should I build 6 or seven decks of 10? if so how?
26/91
Reticule - Senior English
Wednesday 30/12/2009, 10:20

@Facer011
As far as i know Ulu Watu goes better with Piranas or even the Roots
27/91
batgrl - Veteran English
Wednesday 30/12/2009, 18:37

Very helpful to this noob. thank you!!!!
28/91
OC-Vanity - Hero - Open Casket English
Wednesday 30/12/2009, 18:54

Well also you should choose clans that you are comfortable playing with, and can win with 80% of the time. Test out your newly made decks BEFORE entering the mode you want to play. Pm a friend or something, but play at least 5 rounds with the deck as practice and record any decks you lost against and see if there is any way you can cover that weakness. Once you have a good deck built play it. Also another valuable lesson this person has to say. Money DOES NOT mean good. As shown before in Shadow council's guide (nice guide btw) Even low priced cards can beat high priced cards. I'm sure you've heard of something called the Roots being inexpensive? Noodile-600, Yookie-500, Rico-300, Miken Moose-200, You'll spend maybe 1.6k on this half deck and it is one of the best halves in the game. Finally read the reviews on the cards before you buy them, the most famous reviewer (mostly) is Slify, and he pretty much gives accurate ratings of the cards and if they are worth your oney. Hope I helped

~Vanity
29/91
Ponchos shirt - Guru - Heaven's Drift English
Wednesday 30/12/2009, 19:23

Good going.

^.^
30/91
SabreW - Imperator - Council of Revolt English
Thursday 31/12/2009, 16:40

Shadowcouncil, this was a very great guide!! Not only does it help new players, but it's also good for veteran players to brush up on the basics in deck building. I definitely reccomend this to other players!!

« Previous12345678910Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals