No cheat in tournaments - New feature

Saturday 04/08/2007, 18:01
Fraggle - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
27 messages
Fraggle - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Saturday 04/08/2007, 18:01

In order to improve the fair play-ness (if that's a word) in the daily tournaments, from now on:
during daily tournaments and only in "ranked" rooms, the players list will completly hide the player details (nickname, country, guild, stars, rank, level) so it would be near impossible for cheaters to setup free wins with guild members, and also to challenge only low levels players.
« Previous123Next »

11/27
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Saturday 04/08/2007, 20:52

We'll re-instate the nicknames and countries until a nicer solution.
12/27
(-M-) - Titan English
Saturday 04/08/2007, 20:57

Excellent idea I suggest also to cancel a levelup bonus to spice the tournaments more many player depend on that to get battle point, even if the lose battles they have cards ready to levelup
13/27
_fuhr_ - Senior - E.L.I.T.E. Barrerinha Português
Saturday 04/08/2007, 23:45

Br?
14/27
Malshun - Imperator - Army of Darkness English
Sunday 05/08/2007, 01:05

I like it although you can still see the persons name and country in the main list.
15/27
MarshallzEvo - Veteran English
Sunday 05/08/2007, 01:16

That would be very annoying flame up...Many players will get annoyed especially to those who play just to evolve their cards...I guess...
16/27
Symbolic - Hero English
Sunday 05/08/2007, 01:53

Ahh ok well I guess that all rite but you guys should think about stoping at that, I don't want this game to change too much.
17/27
ZEPPELlN - Veteran English
Sunday 05/08/2007, 02:02

Lol I thought the game was broken.
18/27
Montigue - Hero English
Sunday 05/08/2007, 02:35

It seems that having merely the levels visible would be decent, during the tourneys. I think that those that practice collusion will know names, and guilds, for sure. So obfuscating those is obvious during tourneys.
Another idea: Add player IDs in the Profile page, at least, to prevent less-than-desirables from merely changing names to escape detection from the players. Or, disallow name-changing.
Monty, upholder of honour
19/27
Malshun - Imperator - Army of Darkness English
Sunday 05/08/2007, 04:13

Remove the names again. leave the level and country.
20/27
LOA_MadPirate - Guru - Legends of America English
Sunday 05/08/2007, 04:53

If we leave the country flag , it's easy enough to avoid certain countries, i seem to have the most trouble while challenging countries without American flags, since i myself do have an American flag... my paranoia seems to think that they lag me on purpose...
but, as for all of the people who oppose this... they seem to be oposing it for stupid reasons...
oh, can't challenge just EVO players...
most people would respect EVO rules, if you have it in your name, unless you're clearly playing to win, in which case they will play to win for themselves using any means necessary.

Oh, i Can't play my friends...
this was mostly the reason it was put into effect, people were cheating by playing against their friends...
and besides, you have all the time in the world to challenge friends... why do you need it in tournaments too?

My only problem with the new system is in relation to ELO, will non ELO players be able to challenge ELO players?
and will ELO players be able to challenge non ELO players?(because ELO challengingly non ELO players is useful, if you're not in the mood for normal ELO play(though i guess you could just change your deck)

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals