Lost Warehouse and new Deck Format!
Thursday 16/08/2007, 16:25
Fraggle - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
39 messages
Lost Warehouse and new Deck Format!
Fraggle - Admin - Clint StaffEnglish - Thursday 16/08/2007, 16:25

Hello,

In order to make the game a better place, we have created a new Deck format "Level Up":
- only 3 maxxed characters are allowed in your Deck

The Lostwarehouse level max limit has been removed and this new format enforced in that room.
The Lostwarehouse PRO has been removed as it was non useful anymore.

Before you ask, "why 3 and not 4 or 2 or 5 etc..". Well, we had to choose a limit, it's 3. We may change it in the futur, but we think if you have only a handful of characters to levelup, you can do it in the others rooms.
« Previous1234Next »

31/39
suburbanhell - Hero English
Saturday 18/08/2007, 14:21

Honestly, this rule change bites. Why not just makes wins/losses not count in the LW if people are taking advantage. I just loaded up on a ton of new cards and because I have 3 maxed out I can't train the rest of them, leading to a lifetime of GIANT losses in the real battle rooms?
32/39
0UC-DarkEagle - Titan - UpperClass Deutsch
Saturday 18/08/2007, 14:58

No Jolly Rog, the new rules state that you can't use more then 3 maxed out characters in your deck.
But thanks for the new room that doesn't use this rule
33/39
Miss Failure - Legend English
Saturday 18/08/2007, 16:07

New room with old rules is nice, thanks a lot
34/39
Symbolic - Hero English
Saturday 18/08/2007, 16:12

Yes indeed the new room that is open is a good Idea, and I like it, you should keep it that way, then every one will be happy.
35/39
Jolly Roger - Legend - De asskickers Deutsch
Thursday 23/08/2007, 14:06

Question: Why is there a lost warehouse?
Answer: To level up your cards as quick as possible.

That should be the answer......but I encounter lots of players who just want to win the macht......

Playing EVO-style is the best way to level up your cards.....it's a shame that people target these players in the lost warehouse.....mostly players under level 20 do that s**t.

Please raise the minimum level from 10 to 20.
36/39
- james19_UM - Guru English
Sunday 26/08/2007, 01:54

I think...they just don't know the rules in that room..and they are not aware in evo...
37/39
Mindless Mind - Legend - Open Casket English
Sunday 26/08/2007, 10:15

I agree with James, obviously, there are so many players now and I am sure, that only few of them read rules and forums and so understand EVO and all the ethics beyond that...
38/39
Angel-tai EVO - Guru English
Monday 17/09/2007, 07:22

Some people, myself included, didn't know what EVO was until they saw it on the message boards. I thought is was some hype until i saw that, or that it was a guild and people just hadn't changed the name to the initials of their new guild. I played a standard 3,3,3,3 combination in the lost warehouse, and with all these new rules, why not make a room specifically for EVO where it automatically puts the pills in for you.
39/39
StormWhisper - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 17/09/2007, 08:20

The reason EVO does not have it's own room is because EVO is a player created format. It is not an official rules set recognized by Urban Rivals Staff.

Only ELO, Type 1, and Type 2 are recognized formats.

EVO was a system devised back in the old days (before the Lost Warehouse) to maximize experience on characters by ensuring that they would fight higher star characters (for better xp) as well as ensure that people could level their characters without getting mauled by people playing DJ Korr or 1HKO decks.

With the addition of the Lost Warehouse and its XP and BP/Clintz policies EVO isn't as needed as an unofficial format anymore, but it is still respected by players, since it USUALLY guarantees that people won't KO each other before both players get a chance to at least get 2 victories.

EVO is really now more a piece of UR history that provides a nice little set of guidelines to give people a standard format in which they can level characters and not have to worry about getting mauled and feel safer in doing so.

But as stated because it is not an official tournament format nor is it recognized on an official level by UR Staff, we won't be going out of our way to support it. However since it's a good format and serves a useful purpose we also won't go out of our way to make it hard to use that format. Any such changes that would make it hard to use EVO would probably negatively impact the game anyway.

StormWind

« Previous1234Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals