New tournament formats
Saturday 18/08/2007, 16:20
pumpkin - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
123 messages
New tournament formats
pumpkin - Imperator - Clint StaffEnglish - Saturday 18/08/2007, 16:20

Hello everyone,

As you know, we make modifications regularly in order to make the game better for everyone.
So, as of Monday, the daily tournaments will change:

New formats:

2 (perhaps 3) new formats will appear with the following rules: no doubles, not more than X stars, and not less than X stars.
It is much less restrictive than ELO mode, but still ensures certain balances exist between players Decks.

Addition of special rooms:

New special tournament rooms will be created for each of the new formats (not required for players of very low and high level). These rooms will be available at all times but matches will count towards tournaments only when a tournament is in progress (like the current system).

Withdrawal of the other rooms from the tournaments:

The matches in the other rooms will not count towards tournaments (even when a tournament is in progress). This is so that everyone plays under identical conditions during the tournaments.

- Lowering of level up bonus during the tournaments:

These changes are being made so that tournaments are played in a “combative” spirit and the rules of Urban are not twisted, giving an advantage too strong on certain types of “way of playing”. The bonus for leveling up a character during the tournaments will be reduced from 5 points per level at 2 points. This isn't meant as a punishment for people who played with certain styles.

Have fun!
-Pumpkin
« Previous12...678910111213Next »

101/123
Blu Sevens - Hero Русский
Monday 27/08/2007, 10:11

I have to agree with Symbolic, having ways to buy yourself more “luck” is about the last “feature” I would like to see added to this game.
102/123
0-Jade - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 27/08/2007, 12:09

Yup why not? As far as I know the important factor here is the cards that a player have. Level is not such a big issue as one can be a high level but stil don't have good cards while some low level has the best cards. Why not make player avatars? In MTG Online they have what they call Avatars that represent the player and provide them special ability, why not in UR?
103/123
Symbolic - Hero English
Monday 27/08/2007, 12:41

In my opinion I just think it would take away from the game...this is a card game, not an avatar thing, it is a different Idea, I'm just not all for it.
104/123
0- JP - Titan - † OVER KILL † English
Monday 27/08/2007, 13:16

Cute idea
105/123
Mindless Mind - Legend - Open Casket English
Monday 27/08/2007, 16:14

I believe more and more, that absence of non-random rooms is forcing players to get more and more superstrong cards, that can guarantee more SureShots or better statistical luck... what you think guys?
106/123
0-Jade - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 27/08/2007, 18:12

Symbolic it is just an idea. There should atleast be a reason for leveling up and earning battle points.
107/123
A_N_N_A - Titan Česky
Monday 27/08/2007, 18:23

Came back after a week or so, found new rules, was slightly confused (yet again new room arangement in short time), took some time to understand whats going on (i would prefer less rooms). Not that joyfull about game becomming more and more 25star limited (slightly better point gain in type 1 vs type 2). High star decks and doubles are becomming extint i guess and will make already boring market plummet a bit more. Sure shot is good move (1 vs 2 was 33% chance of losing to luck before so it is more major than i though at first glance); but it makes Uppers (and -att vs +att in general) even stronger. Tournaments are still less about skill than about sitzfleish (does not make me happy as i hear money speaking too loud).

More random games makes me happy. Wrote a story here, wont waste that on half-wits calling me brainless, petition for 4 card decks, show some arguments and games uderstanding. Still, do not understand whats the difficulty of making them one level 12+, type 2, non-random ghetto, scoring in tournamets.
108/123
Symbolic - Hero English
Tuesday 28/08/2007, 03:45

Ahh when you put it like that...that you use battle points to earn items or something like that for your avatar then it sounds better, I thought you were talking about spending Clintz on the items. I agree that the battle points should be used for something.
109/123
Gazda - Titan - Elite Balkan United Русский
Tuesday 28/08/2007, 14:22

My worst fear in tournament is people who are sitting in their rooms and actually don't play ! moderators: how do you think to make that people play and not sleep or whatever they are doing? and what about price limit at the market?!?!
110/123
Mindless Mind - Legend - Open Casket English
Tuesday 28/08/2007, 15:21

The most ironic situation in tournament I face recently is when some noob who wins 3 battles in a row by random (I mean he has lower attack in every round) and then he sends me message "gg" or "bj". I would kill him in such moment

« Previous12...678910111213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals