New tournament formats
Saturday 18/08/2007, 16:20
pumpkin - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
123 messages
New tournament formats
pumpkin - Imperator - Clint StaffEnglish - Saturday 18/08/2007, 16:20

Hello everyone,

As you know, we make modifications regularly in order to make the game better for everyone.
So, as of Monday, the daily tournaments will change:

New formats:

2 (perhaps 3) new formats will appear with the following rules: no doubles, not more than X stars, and not less than X stars.
It is much less restrictive than ELO mode, but still ensures certain balances exist between players Decks.

Addition of special rooms:

New special tournament rooms will be created for each of the new formats (not required for players of very low and high level). These rooms will be available at all times but matches will count towards tournaments only when a tournament is in progress (like the current system).

Withdrawal of the other rooms from the tournaments:

The matches in the other rooms will not count towards tournaments (even when a tournament is in progress). This is so that everyone plays under identical conditions during the tournaments.

- Lowering of level up bonus during the tournaments:

These changes are being made so that tournaments are played in a “combative” spirit and the rules of Urban are not twisted, giving an advantage too strong on certain types of “way of playing”. The bonus for leveling up a character during the tournaments will be reduced from 5 points per level at 2 points. This isn't meant as a punishment for people who played with certain styles.

Have fun!
-Pumpkin
« Previous12...678910111213Next »

111/123
Mindless Mind - Legend - Open Casket English
Tuesday 28/08/2007, 17:07

Please, Clint Staff, do something with game timing... starting with challenging system, including time limit for rounds, server response time, etc. It is really pain sometimes, and I don't think, that 1 battle should take 7 minutes, if I decide in seconds and then I just wait and wait and wait...

I never saw some admins/moderators post on it, please, respond...
112/123
Blu Sevens - Imperator Русский
Wednesday 29/08/2007, 13:32

You know, I have to second Mindless Mind.

Sometimes, the termination of a challenge in case if would-be opponent isn’t responding takes way too long; I think one option that NEEDS to be implemented is an option to manually terminate issued challenge in case if opponent isn’t responding to it, rather then having to wait for a server-issued “You opponent isn’t responding…” message (which can take MINUTES, severely hampering your chances in the tournament).

And another point I agree on with Mindless Mind, is that the “thinking time” should be more limited at least during the tournament. Some players (especially those who participate in the tournament for nothing more then a credit and/or a few extra Clintz) take way too long with making their moves, which, again, severely hampers your chances in the tournament.
113/123
Mindless Mind - Legend - Open Casket English
Wednesday 29/08/2007, 17:04

Hey admins/moderators, do you eventually read this forum? why don't you respond to timing issue? I experience it again in this tournament, it's total disaster
114/123
Wylde_Bil_AOD - Legend - Army of Darkness English
Wednesday 29/08/2007, 18:06

You know you can refresh the page, sometimes that helps
115/123
Wednesday 29/08/2007, 18:29

"Sometimes that helps" Um, no, it doesn't (for me, at least).

Perhaps it would be possible to implemend "cancel challenge" option, after all? It would be REALLY helpful!
116/123
OnlineHelper - Novice - Academy of Elite team English
Wednesday 29/08/2007, 18:34

1 time i got the message that my oppenet alredy got challenged 20 times in a row!i challeged everone but it always happened.i played 1 match in8 min.
117/123
0ET_ANGEL - Master English
Thursday 30/08/2007, 11:16

Yea I'm also sick of losing when my card has higher power
118/123
Friday 31/08/2007, 13:29

I'm very sorry about complaining, but... WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE SERVER?!

For 2(!) tournaments now, the server works so badly that I can barely play! (And I know that it's the server's fault, not mine, because everything except for Urban Rivals works just perfectly!) Right now, I'm constantly getting "A network error occured..." messages, and even when I don't, everything (challenges, finilizing battles, etc.) is happening so slowly that I can barely play!
119/123
-Gothic-Evo - Guru English
Friday 31/08/2007, 14:10

Why can't you just put a room that is valid for tournaments and the randomness is disabled?Many players,and I'm talking about the devoted ones,hates randomness while players who are so ______!!!! Loves randomness. So please. make a room similar to that of the danger zone that is valid for tournament. The Elo room is not enough and the "Mushroom room"is not also enough coz people came from different places and different time zone so some of us will not be able to join that room 'coz we're busy sleeping
120/123
lol 78 - Novice English
Friday 31/08/2007, 21:54

Lolz i like the idea of making a avatar , making him/her lookin cool and stuff , and maybe giving us more options to use our battle points ( possibly giving us market options eg. trade battle points for clintz)

« Previous12...678910111213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals