New tournament formats
Saturday 18/08/2007, 16:20
pumpkin - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
123 messages
New tournament formats
pumpkin - Imperator - Clint StaffEnglish - Saturday 18/08/2007, 16:20

Hello everyone,

As you know, we make modifications regularly in order to make the game better for everyone.
So, as of Monday, the daily tournaments will change:

New formats:

2 (perhaps 3) new formats will appear with the following rules: no doubles, not more than X stars, and not less than X stars.
It is much less restrictive than ELO mode, but still ensures certain balances exist between players Decks.

Addition of special rooms:

New special tournament rooms will be created for each of the new formats (not required for players of very low and high level). These rooms will be available at all times but matches will count towards tournaments only when a tournament is in progress (like the current system).

Withdrawal of the other rooms from the tournaments:

The matches in the other rooms will not count towards tournaments (even when a tournament is in progress). This is so that everyone plays under identical conditions during the tournaments.

- Lowering of level up bonus during the tournaments:

These changes are being made so that tournaments are played in a “combative” spirit and the rules of Urban are not twisted, giving an advantage too strong on certain types of “way of playing”. The bonus for leveling up a character during the tournaments will be reduced from 5 points per level at 2 points. This isn't meant as a punishment for people who played with certain styles.

Have fun!
-Pumpkin
« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

51/123
LoA ShadowC - Imperator English
Monday 20/08/2007, 22:07

Personally, I like the new rooms. I can see the argument that it would be nice to have a non-random room for tournament play that doesn't require ELO, but I wouldn't play there. I didn't before, and won't if it comes back.

I also welcome the disappearance of EVO as a viable tournament strategy. Again, I can see the complaints of those who like that style in tournaments, but to me, I never thought it was very fair. Playing EVO requires a pre-determined plan to use a play style that's not about winning. Personally I find it somewhat stupid, at least in tournament play. If you want to evolve your cards, do it in the Lost Warehouse rooms like everyone else. If you want to win, build a deck to win.

Sure Shot, I like in concept, but perhaps it would be better to make it a 3x or 4x multiplier required to get it. It's almost too easy to get in random rooms with certain high power cards.

Oh, and good-bye doubles decks, you won't be missed in the slightest bit by me.
52/123
-Falchion- - Titan English
Monday 20/08/2007, 22:23

Lol unlike shdwcaster, i miss everything about the old formats....evo, non-evo + non random...and definitely the doubles...i could play both styles so it didnt always bother me
53/123
Anna_87 - Hero - Balkan Savagez English
Tuesday 21/08/2007, 00:37

You turned off NO RANDOM during the tournaments and you people say The best change ever? better game now? it makes no sense, so why should I have Lyse Teria Cr for example in my deck when Wardog with same numbers of pillz can kill me? the change in price is just a couple of million Clintz? then the next change is to make all fix prices for every card, for 3rd level rares; 4th level uncommon 5th level Cr's etc. and can not be higher then 50 000 Clintz... what about that?
54/123
Blu Sevens - Imperator Русский
Tuesday 21/08/2007, 06:54

Hehe, no problem, 1ShadowUK!

And I fully agree with Anna87, having no “no random” rooms for the daily tournament is, among other things, unfair to the players who spent time and money (often RL ones) to acquire better cards. Some players (those with weaker decks and/or those who Don’t like to bother with calculating exact attack ratings, I think) prefer to play with random facts, others, who try to guess what card and how many pillz their opponent will use and calculate possible attack ratings would rather prefer to play without random factor (which makes any and all calculations meaningless). So, why not give both these groups an opportunity to participate in daily tournaments under their preferable set of rules?
55/123
Logomantos - Moderator - The BeSharps Deutsch
Tuesday 21/08/2007, 09:09

Suggestion: Run a poll on the topic, along the terms of "Should there be one or more tournament rooms where Randomness is disabled?", although i do believe it would be rather unnecessary, as we all know what the result most probably would be. Still, you'd have a democratic solution of this (obviously rather disliked) "feature" of your new update.

Yet, as not to criticize you all the time, you have done a whole lot of improvements for this game since i started playing it, and i have become rather addicted. Thank you for all the work you put into this game!
56/123
Dr.Ido - Divinity - Clint Staff English
Tuesday 21/08/2007, 09:43

Right know we can only have one Daily Tournament, with a signe ranking and a signe jackpot. We understand that many players want to play in No Random mode, and although we don't like the game without the random factor we want to find a solution. So, what will happen ? First we will adapt the Daily Tournament system so that it can handle several smaller tournaments, each with its own ranking, Jackpot and set of rules, and then we'll let you play in a Daily tournament with No Random. This is a lot of work, so it won't be ready in just a few days, but we'll do it.
57/123
Mindless Mind - Legend - Open Casket English
Tuesday 21/08/2007, 10:22

WOW, GOD BLESS YOU DR.IDO

I see it won't be in few days, but please hurry up, no more 3-hours long lunches and 20-minutes llong smoking breaks until you will make it
58/123
SoulSteal-WMD - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 21/08/2007, 11:12

I do like the idea of no doubles...however, anyone else want to take a stab at how that will effect the already dismal and slowly diving economy...

The other thing though is I am not sure how much, having different rooms/rules- all competing in the same tourney will effect its outcome. I think someone very quickly will figure out a strong combination that effects one particular room's rules and it will spread like wildfire until everyone is playing in the one room with the same decks....and then you have the exact thing you were trying to avoid in the first place by making all of this up....time will tell shortly
59/123
ZEPPELlN - Veteran English
Tuesday 21/08/2007, 11:15

Thanks Dr. Ido!!

now I can be at peace when the rooms are done!
60/123
LilKing - Hero English
Tuesday 21/08/2007, 16:14

I hate this dum rule that the moderaters amde i will keep writing bad things until they make a room where there is no random factor and it is for tournaments to because there are battles i should win by ko but i lose because of that dumm random factor. I'm starting to hate this game because of random factor i lost the last five battles because the stupid random factor. So make a room that doesn't have random factor and you can do tournaments in it

« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals