New tournament formats
Saturday 18/08/2007, 16:20
pumpkin - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
123 messages
New tournament formats
pumpkin - Imperator - Clint StaffEnglish - Saturday 18/08/2007, 16:20

Hello everyone,

As you know, we make modifications regularly in order to make the game better for everyone.
So, as of Monday, the daily tournaments will change:

New formats:

2 (perhaps 3) new formats will appear with the following rules: no doubles, not more than X stars, and not less than X stars.
It is much less restrictive than ELO mode, but still ensures certain balances exist between players Decks.

Addition of special rooms:

New special tournament rooms will be created for each of the new formats (not required for players of very low and high level). These rooms will be available at all times but matches will count towards tournaments only when a tournament is in progress (like the current system).

Withdrawal of the other rooms from the tournaments:

The matches in the other rooms will not count towards tournaments (even when a tournament is in progress). This is so that everyone plays under identical conditions during the tournaments.

- Lowering of level up bonus during the tournaments:

These changes are being made so that tournaments are played in a “combative” spirit and the rules of Urban are not twisted, giving an advantage too strong on certain types of “way of playing”. The bonus for leveling up a character during the tournaments will be reduced from 5 points per level at 2 points. This isn't meant as a punishment for people who played with certain styles.

Have fun!
-Pumpkin
« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

71/123
0 Gunvald 0 - Titan English
Wednesday 22/08/2007, 09:42

I think only player whose deck is prepared plays in non random room. If not, why bother building a good deck and making a strategy if randomness ruined it.
Btw, i like the no double format
72/123
Blu Sevens - Imperator Русский
Wednesday 22/08/2007, 10:55

“Jade: unfortunatly, it would be unfair if not everyone in the same tournament would be in the same conditions. That's the main reason we dropped the non-random room from tournaments. We do not like/want to make some players unhappy, but we have to make decisions.”

Esteemed Admin,

To be honest, I Don’t understand why being able to choose between playing random or non-random during the daily tournaments is a problem? Did the players who prefer to play in random mode complained about non-random mode (even thought they are NOT playing it)? Or what?

I understand that it is probably easier to earn more battle points in non-random mode then in random, since non-random mode allows to make pin-point attack rating calculations, especially in the endgame, and thus – make it easier to score K.O. + unused Pillz victory. BUT! If they (i.e. those who complained about non-random mode) think that non-random mode is unfair comparing to random one, why aren’t THEY playing it? The way I see it, as long as players can choose between random or non-random mode during the daily tournaments, it is completely fair to have both these modes available.

…I Don’t want to sound like I’m criticizing Administration; I’m sure you have only what’s the best for this game in mind, but… I’ve noticed that the number of participants in daily tournaments dropped almost BY HALF after the newest changes have been implemented, many players openly stated their disapproval with these changes and ten (if not more!) time more are probably just as unhappy about them, even if they haven’t posted on the forum. I ask the Administration: is that really what you want?!

P.S.

And personally, I Don’t think that we need ban list or maximum total level restriction for that matter for the daily tournaments; we already have ELO for a more restricted tournaments, and I believe that it would be better to leave daily tournaments more open (yes, I’ll say it again, including both random and non-random modes).
73/123
Logomantos - Moderator - The BeSharps Deutsch
Wednesday 22/08/2007, 13:27

If it was the plan to reduce any imbalance in points won per room, it backfired, because in room type 1 you will generally earn more battle points per battle won, because of the way winning points are calculated: 25-stars used + rounds won. this amount will, with the star limit, most of the time be higher in the type 1 room
74/123
EVO-Coda - Imperator English
Wednesday 22/08/2007, 14:17

Still the evo players are completely out of the top 50 all you did was kill a play style, if thats what you call cheating i disagree just a different community within the game and even though it came with certain benefits evo and non evo players alike were allways in top 50 now only non evo players.
75/123
Mindless Mind - Legend - Open Casket English
Wednesday 22/08/2007, 15:44

Fraggle, I finally see a point in banning non-random... still, let me share some forgotten aspects of it:

1. I can still make same points in tournament like before, since the fighting is much faster in random room than in non-random... decisions are made within seconds... I usually made 20-25 battles per tourney, now it is more than 30, but much more of them I lose by bad luck... (negative impact of this is, that it spoils my general statistics of wins)
2. I also believe, that the most affected are good players... they tend to use a lot of strategy and tactics and not to waste pillz to get some extra points... now, even with Sureshot you need to spare more of them and not scoring so good...

Also, I believe that now the tourney are more variable and maybe accessible for more players. I can see a meaning of this, but still I would say, that many of top 50 players are using heavy armed decks with Uppers and they can simply control the game with average decks even with random. Fraggle, don't you think, that this happens a lot nowadays?

And finally, I got question. I never played EVO, I don't understand it properly yet. Why do you say guys, that it is dead now? Is it because of reduction for levelling up from 5 to 2 points? What difference can it make in whole tournament?
76/123
Symbolic - Hero English
Wednesday 22/08/2007, 15:53

Ahh I see your points Fraggle...but please tell me that the changes are almost over, I fear change. I want to get to know these new changes so I hope there are little to no more changes in the future.
77/123
6SimS-Sven - Guru - UTOPiA English
Wednesday 22/08/2007, 17:32

-The points earned in each battle doesn't matter as long as you can have as many battles made in such a limited time,me i make like 20 approx battles whenver i am first.

-To all players,if you hate both elo and daily tournament,im suggesting two ideas:
1)Learn french and visit french forums,there is a lot of tournaments there with limitations of decks and no random,you will play against some of the best players around the world.

2)Make your own tournament in this english forum(let others pay for their entrance fee or "inscription".

-Sureshot was a good idea for evo plays(not during tournaments i guess=P).

-Uppers is balanced the way it is,you may wanna try La Junta or All Stars with a more star reduction,Uppers just lucky to have 3 8 power cards = Jackie,Dorian,Zatman and some useful comrades:beteenka,Rubie and Samantha.Doubles Are not Allowed right,so you do not have to fear 3 jackie in a deck.

Fraggle:
Before: always the same players, always the same deck, 200 points ahead of the main players.
Now: various winners (low levels and high levels), various deck, much more tension, close scores.

"I think this what fraggle is like to have,all players has a chance to win 1 tournament as 1st.",We may not like it,but they are the admins who balances modes and tournaments,makes everyone and each plays fair.

Anyway,just follow my advices,if you do not like daily tournaments,you can visit french forums or host a tournament where you can make the "rules"

Sven
78/123
Zhupons - Titan Português
Wednesday 22/08/2007, 22:52

Ok.. there are one thing that I can't really understand...

why does this kind of tournment types got 2 rooms each one separating lvl and there isn't one room for each type without randomness...?? =S
79/123
0UC-DarkEagle - Titan - UpperClass Deutsch
Thursday 23/08/2007, 12:22

I can answer that one Zhupons in Mr.Ido's words, the admins don't like the idea of no-random it isn't how the game was meant to be played, apparently
80/123
Zhupons - Titan Português
Thursday 23/08/2007, 14:33

Sry.. I posted without reading... my bad!

even like that I can't agree with all that was said here! =S

aren't the admins supose to listen to our opinion!? I guess almost all of us prefer to play without random, actually the rule of 2 points for each remaining pill has no logic if the random exists... I think it would be more logical if ther is to rooms (one with and the other without random) instead of two separating the players lvl's...

but it won't bother me much, since I only use tournments to gain credits, I have no patience to be one hour and half playing to win a tournment, but the true is that the tournments from 2 to 3 and half hour use to have about 1500 players and yestarday it had about 800!

« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals