New tournament formats
Saturday 18/08/2007, 16:20
pumpkin - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
123 messages
New tournament formats
pumpkin - Imperator - Clint StaffEnglish - Saturday 18/08/2007, 16:20

Hello everyone,

As you know, we make modifications regularly in order to make the game better for everyone.
So, as of Monday, the daily tournaments will change:

New formats:

2 (perhaps 3) new formats will appear with the following rules: no doubles, not more than X stars, and not less than X stars.
It is much less restrictive than ELO mode, but still ensures certain balances exist between players Decks.

Addition of special rooms:

New special tournament rooms will be created for each of the new formats (not required for players of very low and high level). These rooms will be available at all times but matches will count towards tournaments only when a tournament is in progress (like the current system).

Withdrawal of the other rooms from the tournaments:

The matches in the other rooms will not count towards tournaments (even when a tournament is in progress). This is so that everyone plays under identical conditions during the tournaments.

- Lowering of level up bonus during the tournaments:

These changes are being made so that tournaments are played in a “combative” spirit and the rules of Urban are not twisted, giving an advantage too strong on certain types of “way of playing”. The bonus for leveling up a character during the tournaments will be reduced from 5 points per level at 2 points. This isn't meant as a punishment for people who played with certain styles.

Have fun!
-Pumpkin
« Previous12...678910111213Next »

81/123
0-Jade - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 23/08/2007, 16:37

Maybe the next thing they need to solve is the problems with guys who timeout alot during tournaments.
82/123
Mindless Mind - Legend - Open Casket English
Thursday 23/08/2007, 18:04

Lol, look who won last tourney

Month2 (0%)
Is a member since today.
month2 can sell his/her character on the public market or privately.
Profile views 32 times

Level 7
503 battle points
31 fights including 28 wins.

Grade : Senior
20 characters out of 278.
8% of total collection.
83/123
Blu Sevens - Hero Русский
Thursday 23/08/2007, 20:00

Well, he made 28 wins of 31 fights, I guess it's no big surprise that he won. (I just wish I'd make it at least into Top 50 for once... *sigh* )
84/123
Mindless Mind - Legend - Open Casket English
Thursday 23/08/2007, 22:08

WOW, this you won't believe... I logged in at 11.30 pm to play the rest of the tournament just to get 1 credit. Maybe I am not the best player, but in average I win 70% of battles. But look my results from this tourney:

Yesterday at 23:57 ..you lost against baltique (0-5) - you received : 7 points and 2 clintz
Yesterday at 23:54 ..you almost won against Ring of Ice (0-3) - you received : 10 points and 2 clintz
Yesterday at 23:48 ..you narrowly escaped from nilk (4-3) - you received : 13 points and 5 clintz
Yesterday at 23:45 ..you lost against amine2104 (0-4) - you received : 6 points and 2 clintz
Yesterday at 23:41 ..you were annihilated by arluzel (0-12) - you received : 3 points and 4 clintz
Yesterday at 23:39 ..you were annihilated by Mathinho (0-12) - you received : 3 points and 4 clintz
Yesterday at 23:35 ..you were annihilated by ramillilis (0-12) - you received : 3 points and 4 clintz

I was annihilated 6 of 7 games!!!! incredible. I used standard Freaks deck, with plenty powerful cards. Guess what happened... Yeah, random owned me. I was losing like every non-SureShot fight. All fights like 35-21 att, 54-30 att, etc. I lost. I was just laughing and laughing.

For me tournaments are very boring recently, and very non-creative. Most of the players just put few pillz on 1st card, and if they win with luck, they are able to put 8 pillz on second card just to KO you, with even thinking of saving pillz. I don't know, if this works...
85/123
Blu Sevens - Hero Русский
Friday 24/08/2007, 05:44

Well, I must say that I learned playing “random” with some success (although I still prefer non-random); Sure Shot actually helps, and I even manage to score K.O. + unused Pillz victory every now and then. And…

“You played the last Urban Rivals tournament but you didn't make it to the podium. You ended up 49 with 345 Battle points.
You just won 1101 Clintz and 1 Credit !”

Yay! Well, I know that it’s not all that impressive, but that’s still an achievement for me!
86/123
Anna_87 - Hero - Balkan Savagez English
Friday 24/08/2007, 23:34

You could put there results of any tourney...
87/123
ZEPPELlN - Veteran English
Saturday 25/08/2007, 13:23

To the admins, with all due respect. I'm just saying my opinion.:

I quote from 0ADW-Zhupons:
"aren't the admins supose to listen to our opinion!? I guess almost all of us prefer to play without random, actually the rule of 2 points for each remaining pill has no logic if the random exists... I think it would be more logical if ther is to rooms (one with and the other without random) instead of two separating the players lvl's..."

If you say that non-random is not the way the game was meant to be played, then create a non-random room then play in the random one, so that the other players (who play non-random) will be happy as well.

what's with the "other tournament in a different room" idea? it just lessens the already low player count during tournaments is reduced even more if this is implemented. Furthermore, the clintz share will be lower affecting both top 50, and the other players in the upper half of the tourney rankings. on an average, If you just play for the 1 credits (which most players do), you'll get the usual 35+ clintz to what? 20 clintz?

reahing top 50 with these conditions is fairly easy. You just sit there, challenge random players, and hope that random don't kill you. If you manage to do this for and hour and a half you'll be in the 50. NO NEED FOR STRATEGY, unless you play ELO.

so far, the only thing I like about this tournament change is the star count. Just that.
88/123
Jaxe VS - Titan - Vicious Salvo English
Sunday 26/08/2007, 01:58

I'm curious as to why random was even placed in the game.

Sure, it allows less skilled players to have a chance, and adds a bit of "excitement" to each round, but tournaments and ELO matches should NOT be decided by luck. Last I checked, this is a game of skill (both in building your deck and playing), NOT luck.

Random matches require very little, if any, skill. Toss out a card, throw some pillz on it, see what happens. Who knows? Maybe you'll win! Seems like a very inane way to play a game.

I'm not suggesting you do away with random, as unfortunately, many people are used to it, like it, and require it to do well. However, PLEASE create a non-random tournament room. Honestly, the only luck necessary in this game is luck of the draw.
89/123
Logomantos - Moderator - The BeSharps Deutsch
Sunday 26/08/2007, 07:03

*applaudes Jaxe WMD*
90/123
00 Mircea - Imperator - Knights Ressurection Română
Sunday 26/08/2007, 07:59

Here is an ideea: make a poll and let the ppl who play the game decide if they want random or not, after all the game is made for their enjoyment

« Previous12...678910111213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals