New tournament formats
Saturday 18/08/2007, 16:20
pumpkin - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
123 messages
New tournament formats
pumpkin - Imperator - Clint StaffEnglish - Saturday 18/08/2007, 16:20

Hello everyone,

As you know, we make modifications regularly in order to make the game better for everyone.
So, as of Monday, the daily tournaments will change:

New formats:

2 (perhaps 3) new formats will appear with the following rules: no doubles, not more than X stars, and not less than X stars.
It is much less restrictive than ELO mode, but still ensures certain balances exist between players Decks.

Addition of special rooms:

New special tournament rooms will be created for each of the new formats (not required for players of very low and high level). These rooms will be available at all times but matches will count towards tournaments only when a tournament is in progress (like the current system).

Withdrawal of the other rooms from the tournaments:

The matches in the other rooms will not count towards tournaments (even when a tournament is in progress). This is so that everyone plays under identical conditions during the tournaments.

- Lowering of level up bonus during the tournaments:

These changes are being made so that tournaments are played in a “combative” spirit and the rules of Urban are not twisted, giving an advantage too strong on certain types of “way of playing”. The bonus for leveling up a character during the tournaments will be reduced from 5 points per level at 2 points. This isn't meant as a punishment for people who played with certain styles.

Have fun!
-Pumpkin
« Previous12...678910111213Next »

91/123
Blu Sevens - Imperator Русский
Sunday 26/08/2007, 08:58

Well put, Jaxe WMD!

Although, 00 Mircea, I think the question is not "if we want random or not", but "if we want non-random or not", i.e. I believe that we should have both random and non-random rooms for the daily tournaments, like it used to be. This will make pretty much everyone happy, won't it?

And I am fully support the idea of making a poll about it, though if the replies in this thread are of any indication, it's pretty obvious what the result will be But in the end, Administration will do what they feel is right, I guess... I just wish they would listen to us, players... *sigh*
92/123
Mindless Mind - Legend - Open Casket English
Sunday 26/08/2007, 10:12

Hey guys, don't forget that clint staff promised to have non-random tourney room and that they work on it... I am curious how's it going, I believe they will arrange it within a week...
93/123
Sunday 26/08/2007, 13:10

Um, didn't they promise to split daily tournaments into two (a random and a non-random ones)? Which, wouldn't be such a good idea, I think, since it would mean two times less participants for each tournament. And less participants = smaller prizes and more difficulty with getting at least into top 50% (I usually try to get into top 50, but when I can't, getting at least into top 50% is better then nothing).
94/123
0-Jade - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 26/08/2007, 13:37

Just a suggestion maybe we need to add avatars for players and we can buy items to dress up our avatars and some this items may increase luck
95/123
Logomantos - Moderator - The BeSharps Deutsch
Sunday 26/08/2007, 13:56

On the other hand, perhaps you can participate in both tournaments. at the moment, i need about 25 to 30 minutes to get a score that qualifies me for the top 50% every time (about 100 points). if i can play 45 minutes in each tournament, i can perhaps make 2 credits per tournament... nice!
96/123
Mindless Mind - Legend - Open Casket English
Sunday 26/08/2007, 14:03

Wow, i didn't realize that, logomantos... maybe even score in 3 parallel tourneys and then it would be possible to get 20 credits in 2 days
97/123
Sunday 26/08/2007, 15:39

To Logomantos:

Yeah, but... No chance of getting anywhere near top 50 this way
98/123
Logomantos - Moderator - The BeSharps Deutsch
Sunday 26/08/2007, 16:18

To Blu Sevens:

True, but i would decide that in the tournament. does it start off promising so i can go play for top 50, or does bad luck kill me too often (in random rooms), so i will rather go for 2 credits...

i think 3 credit tournament participation would be too much to ask, since i suppose the players in the individual tournaments are perhaps a bit more concentrated, so top 50% will be a little harder. And perhaps the tournaments will not only be split between random/non-random, but between level, too (like 1-20 and 20+)
99/123
Angel-tai EVO - Guru English
Sunday 26/08/2007, 23:05

I havent played in a tournament for a while cause i was training, and with the new format i think that we'll see two types of decks emerge. Either Uppers (still) and/or Montana, or All Stars and/or Bangers or Ulu Watu. I saw more Bangers than i did back before all of these changes were made, and i was a little confused with my deck split between Montana and Pussycats.
100/123
Symbolic - Hero English
Monday 27/08/2007, 03:23

@ 0-Jade , wouldn't that just change the game too much? Besides it sounds like another site I heard of...

« Previous12...678910111213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals