TnT_MeRm - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
82 messages
[INFO] ELO guide for beginners
TnT_MeRm - Moderator - TRiNiTYEnglish - Tuesday 18/05/2010, 03:01

ELO rules:

http://www.urban-rivals.com/game/rules.php?show=elo

1.) Deck composition

Deck composition in ELO is very important in order to succeed in the game. You can either play using a mono-clan (single clan) or bi-clan (two clans). The option is very open and wide for you to pick from so let your imagination go wild.

→ 1.1) Pure maxed card deck

In order to make a good deck using all maxed cards. You need to ensure a well balanced combination. For this to be effective, consider factors such as ability, power, bonus and clan combinations.

Ex: les piranas atomiques

→ 1.2) Deck with unevolved cards

The use of cards with stable statistics at their lower level is very popular in ELO to save star count. These unevolved cards are often used as fillers.

Ex: L-I-O-N-H-E-A-R-T-H (The unevolved card used here have the same ability for his maxed level so it saved the player 1 extra star count to use for the rest of the deck) & deleted

→ 1.3) Deck with a Leader

Each Leader in the game have different unstoppable abilities. Many people use them for this reason. It will be your decision which Leader you want to use in your deck.

Ex: Barre chocomuscle féline (Eyrik (R) was used to complement All Star’s bonus)

**NB: With the new ELO voting system, you also need to consider banned cards for each week when making a deck**

2.) Game play strategy

→ 2.1) Pillz use

You can use pillz to multiply your character’s power to the get total attack in your battles. Remember the higher the attack of your characters, the more chances of you winning the fight so use your pillz wisely. At the beginning of your fight you will start off with 12 pillz. It is your decision how you want to spread this out with all your 4 characters in your draw.

http://www.urban-rivals.com/community/forum/?mode=viewsubject&forum_page=0&id_subject=228622&subject_page=0

You can also use pillz to boost the damage you can inflict to your opponent when you win.

http://www.urban-rivals.com/community/forum/?mode=viewsubject&forum_page=0&id_subject=228608&subject_page=last#answers

→ 2.2) Strategies

→ 2.2.1) Bluff

Knowing an effective way to bluff is important in all aspects of the game. “A bluff is trying to make your opponent believe you are going to play the obvious way but instead you play offbeat.”

http://www.urban-rivals.com/community/forum/?mode=viewsubject&forum_page=0&id_subject=228594&subject_page=last#answers

→ 2.2.2) Letting cards through

In your fights you need to weigh if it is worth wasting your pillz trying to beat a very power card or just let it through. Keep in mind that many people might use these cards as a bluff to make you waste your pillz.

http://www.urban-rivals.com/community/forum/?mode=viewsubject&forum_page=0&id_subject=229043&subject_page=0

→ 2.2.3) Offensive vs defensive game style

In your fight you can either choose to be an offensive player or a defensive one or a combination of both. Offensive game play is done when you use your cards assertively in a battle ensuring you win with these cards. Defensive game play is often played with cards that have (&ndash damage as an ability/bonus.

http://www.urban-rivals.com/community/forum/?mode=viewsubject&forum_page=0&id_subject=229049&subject_page=last#answers

Reference:
* As per the links given above
* http://www.urban-rivals.com/community/forum/?mode=viewsubject&forum_page=&id_subject=96358&subject_page=7
« Previous123456789Next »

71/82
-Montrosity- - Titan English
Tuesday 23/04/2013, 07:56

4 cards from either Ghiest/Roots + 1 SoA + 3 cards is unbeatable

Mokara + Uranus is unbeatable

Beeboy + Blaaster Cr is unbeatable

Mono Skeelz is unbeatable

72/82
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 23/04/2013, 08:48

@Jelly
What if you pit Mokranus against Beester Cr? One of them has to come out on top.
73/82
-Montrosity- - Titan English
Tuesday 23/04/2013, 09:08

I love how you combine their names. In perspective, Mokranus would win because of its stats.

But l'd doubt the staff would let all roam freely about, but you get the idea. Of course noobs will pick these as these first reference. But if l were any richer l might become that noob too.
74/82
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 23/04/2013, 09:21

It's still a what-if scenario. Like with the one guy who thinks all Power=power opponent cards are junk because they lose to Robin.
75/82
AsianRepublic - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Friday 10/05/2013, 18:49

Tips:

•Research which decks are being used for the week. This is the metagame for the week. Add any ELO players who are consistent and check what they are using for the week and you can either copy their deck, modify it and use it, or even build a counter for the deck.

•If you reach higher ELOs, I suggest stopping if you're in top 25-100 and starting again the next day. You will only start losing ELO if you keep continuing, because you will be facing players with lower ELO, causing you to gain less points and lose more points.

•Change decks if you are constantly going down and not getting past a certain point in ELO. It may be that you aren't playing a deck that suits your playstyle, or you simple don't know how to win 50/50s (I learn dat in DM!)

•Manage your time! If you really want a good ELO for the week, you need time! Also, it isn't wise to play yoyo in ELO unless you're certain you have the time to get back up.

76/82
AsianRepublic - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Saturday 18/05/2013, 23:04

Actually, ignore my advise. Here is how you get 1300+ with no brain:

-Mono Jungo
-Double old
-Win 50/50

GG.
77/82
ShoneOK - Senior - Organized Konfusion Português
Saturday 18/05/2013, 23:11

Don't limit yourself to mono Jungo... there's Rescue, Montana, Uppers, Sentinel and why not Roots as well? The olding possibilities/combos are endless and if you win, you'll be considered a top strategist.
78/82
express54321 - Guru - Dreams do come true English
Tuesday 11/06/2013, 13:46

So would a good rule of thumb be to prepare to change clans every week?
79/82
BestRengarEU - Senior English
Monday 09/09/2013, 18:18

Hi, I have 1500 slintz im 10 level, i dont know which cards to buy, can someone help me please?
80/82
0 Mole - Veteran - The Big Bang English
Monday 09/09/2013, 20:16

@Rengar
Why not just playing lol?
First of all u need to decide which clan ud like to play,what kind of game suits better for u and buy cards only after that
U also can play solo mod to get some cheap cards to use them in ur deck or just sell.
But if ure still looking for something i can recommend u some Frozn and Vortex cards.Their common ones not that expensive but still playable

« Previous123456789Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals