[INFO] DeathMatch quick reference guide [BETA]

Tuesday 18/05/2010, 11:00
TnT_MeRm - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
25 messages
TnT_MeRm - Moderator - TRiNiTYEnglish - Tuesday 18/05/2010, 11:00

Deathmatch is a new game mode in UR. In the game room, You are grouped with 15 other players and you have 20 minutes to earn as much points as possible and climb to the first place of the Deathmatch. The distributions rules for the points are different in this mode and will let you level up quickly. At the end of each DM, you'll receive bonus points and Clintz according to your final standing.

Deck formats
Since this mode does not have restrictions, you need to utilize cards banned in ELO. This mode is about quick battles. That means that your deck should focus on decks that can give you 2HK.O or easy wins to get quick points.

*There are two sets of possible format for this game mode*

• Type 1

This mode is filled with Sakrohm, Montana, and primarily, Uppers. Uppers is a powerhouse withDorian, Jackie, Oxen, and Zatman on hand, along with Mono deck possibilities including Nellie, Rubie, Wendel, Samantha, and Jody. Sakrohm excels with a combination on poison (Sigma), Life gain(Jautya, Wakai, and Murray), damage reducers (GraksmxxT and Uranus), and SOB(Guru Cr and Petra). Montana can out-power the Uppers bonus but can be low on damage, and do not meet Uppers standards if not played with their Collector cards. To succeed you must either hop on the bandwagon or find something that effectively counters them. Rescue is a decent choice due to the availability of Marco and Alec as well as many 2HKO possibilities and they have a good counter for Jackie: Glosh. Roots and GHEIST are also decently used in this mode due to their ability to counter Sakrohm's damage reducers and other clans' abilities (by TnT_Mathwiz).

Ex: ✰My Deathmatch✰

• Type 2

In this mode, Bangers, Ulu Watu, Sakrohm, Nightmare, and Sentinel are popular choices, and usually paired with Ambre. Bangerz have strong abilities and can be a powerhouse in Mono + Ambre. Especially with cards such as Shann, Willy, and Blaaster. Ulu Watu thrives with great power and bluffing capabilities with cards such as Wee Lee, Tanaereva, Stanley, and Lulabee. Sakrohm appears in many decks with GraksmxxT and Uranus in hand for backup. Nightmare becomes very powerful for quick play including such threats as Kolos, Nistorak, Oshitsune, Glorg, and Ghumbo. Sentinel becomes a problem when equipped with Hawk, Copper, Tessa, Chloe, Miss Chloe, Havok, and Owen. Compared to T1, T2 relies more on powerful leaders, strong DR, and quick 2HKO capabilities (by TnT_Mathwiz).

Ex: - Winners -

Scoring system:
50 points = Win
40 points = Draw
20 points = Lose

Additional scores:
+ 10 points = beat an opponent you lost to earlier
- 10 points = beat an opponent you already beat

Wins:
+ 5 points = 2 consecutive wins
+ 10 points = 3 consecutive wins
+15 points = 4 consecutive wins
+ 20 points = 5 consecutive wins
+ 25 points = 6 consecutive wins

Loses:
+ 3 points = 2 consecutive loses
+ 6 points = 3 consecutive loses
+ 12 points = 4 consecutive loses
+ 20 points = 5+ consecutive loses

* The Deathmatch mode is still in beta mode and changes might be applied regularly, follow the Staff messages board to learn more and share your comments and suggestions *

NB: Opinions regarding deck formats for the event in this guide do not reflect everybody’s opinion. Please feel free to give other tips to help everybody in regards to this game mode.

Many thanks to W M Daexen and TnT_Mathwiz for contributing information used for this thread.
« Previous123Next »

21/25
E M E R A L D - Senior English
Sunday 18/07/2010, 23:48

I love your little research about DM T1 and T2. I could never win T1 using decks I had before but when I switched to using Uppers and Sakrohm I have won or made it in 2nd place with almost every DM I entered when I started when it started.

Went from level 30-32 in 2 days but if I had played regularly I would have made it like that 1 day. Can't wait to get to 35 and get Ambre. Will be a big boost in my clint count!
22/25
fabion96 - Senior English
Wednesday 21/07/2010, 22:37

Yep ever since DM came out i lvl up 13 lvl
23/25
neo_08ms - Veteran - knights of oblivion English
Friday 23/07/2010, 07:59

Ohko rampage with Kolos or power crazy with cards like tanaereva
24/25
calvin_0 - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 17/08/2010, 10:41

So key to level up fast is to play deathmatch?
25/25
TnT_Mathwiz - Imperator English
Friday 10/09/2010, 01:18

Looks like we'll now be able to redo this reference guide.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals