DT suggestions?

DT suggestions?
Wednesday 19/05/2010, 06:17
TheTopHat - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
19 messages
DT suggestions?
TheTopHat - Veteran - Open CasketEnglish - Wednesday 19/05/2010, 06:17

I've read UM-1984's 90 minutes DT long time ago.

do you have any other suggestions?
if you do post it here
« Previous12Next »

11/19
Rob_Lucci - Master English
Thursday 27/05/2010, 15:58

Put a timer where numbers are seen so we can be sure of how much time we have..
12/19
SoPunny-Zack - Veteran - Time Conquers All English
Friday 28/05/2010, 23:13

Thats good :O but it just gives time-outers or stallers an opportunity to max out their abilities -.-
13/19
Wakshaani - Legend English
Saturday 29/05/2010, 03:12

First and foremost?

Ban CR characters from the Type 1 DT.

From there, a slow move to make overpowered cards into CRs will gradually thin the herd for new players as Jackie, Zatman, and so on are phased into Type 2 only cards.

The game will draw in more players and type 2 gains more 'specialness' as it's where you can go to see the CR people in action.
14/19
TheTopHat - Veteran - Open Casket English
Saturday 29/05/2010, 06:17

I hate playing dt in T1.. lots of slow players
15/19
0 Koli - Hero English
Saturday 29/05/2010, 10:53

Ask fast is fun
16/19
DS_coolasc - Imperator - ★ĐaяӄŠonş XIII★ Português
Saturday 29/05/2010, 18:01

Hated END_Zack's idea of a 26-28* room, remember the higher gap u have between deck/chars the higher amount of points u get for winning, so yes, i love fighting full 5* decks using my low star ones when trying for the top, the best win (points wise) u can have is probably a full 2-3* vs a max(10 chars) deck with all 5*, and a plus on that is many who make these decks make them using most powerful cards, but not worried with clans, which means most lose the great bonus of many chars giving u an extra chance
17/19
UE_cherrkoola - Imperator - The Unfound Effort English
Monday 31/05/2010, 20:06

Dont ban crs thats would mess up my Montana and upppers deck
18/19
PriMinizZztA - Legend - TrAitorzZz English
Wednesday 02/06/2010, 01:06

First of all there is enough penatly for using banned cards in DT already ( type 1 or 2 )

Secondly the use of CR's is not a threatening situation , the best CR's are banned as are the best cards in the game.

Third the stallers , this can be easily tackled , just shorten the time for each round at the beginning of the tournament so the players who actually are running for top 1/3 or top hundred have the least problems then with slowplay, an ocassional slowplayer in the middle isnt nearly as frustrating as one in the beginning, i feel.

Penalty the slowplayer dont reward the person winning with more points since then someone actually learns something when not playing fast. Increase the pace of the rounds when someone takes too much time. and make the 1 credit submissable to the play style , too much slow play , get out without any credit and take your clints , nice pace ? Go ahead you get rewarded for that.
19/19
UmExcuseMe - Imperator English
Wednesday 02/06/2010, 18:08

Here's a partial fix for the stallers problem: if a player has only one card and no pillz, the card is played automatically (and immediately) by the game. Doesn't completely solve the problem, but it'll help and should be relatively easy to implement.

I'd like a separate ELO-format DT room that does NOT affect your ELO rating (like the ELO-format Survivor room), which should reduce the number of slow players in that room. It also means that there is a viable DT room where you don't meet Jackie every other game.

As someone based in Asia with a somewhat slow connection, I'm not in favour of arbitrarily shortening the time allowed; as it is, there have been a few occasions where I've made a move with more than half the time bar remaining, but lagged out to incur an undeserved -20 penalty. This has happened to me few enough times that I can accept it as a consequence of unfortunate geography, but if the time allowed is shortened too much, people like me may lag out so often that UR becomes unplayable.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals