How do we get to 1400+ ???

Saturday 22/05/2010, 06:11
Clairesu_LoA - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
24 messages
Clairesu_LoA - Titan - Legends of AmericaEnglish - Saturday 22/05/2010, 06:11

I realize that there may be many people on here that, like me, have not gotten to 1400 or be willing to share their secret. I, for my part, have been able to score somewhat often over 1300 with a personal best of 1378, but I have not gotten to the magic 1400, which is my aspiration and goal.

So, for those of you chosen experts, do you have any advice, any strategy?
Do you have a special deck, or special decks?
Do you choose to play at certain times of the day or on certain days?
Do you find a specific playing style that works particularly better?
Do you find different competition at different levels of the event?
What do you do if you get into a slump or losing streak?

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks sincerely for your time and response.
« Previous123Next »

21/24
METALHEADuk666 - Titan - D-Versified English
Tuesday 10/12/2013, 09:44

I've also never broken 1400. But i do tend to find as you get higher really need to play good middle star clans (or clans with great 2*s)

i tend to drop 5*s in favor or 3s and 4s as drawing a bad hand as you get over 1300+ starts getting messy.

that said using a strong bonus really helps there, hurricane untill you loose, Montana, (mono) Rescue, Uppers. All have super strong bonuses for forcing pills.

one of my decks is mono Montana and Naginata. Which works cause of the strong Montana bonus and stealing you oppenenys pillz
22/24
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Tuesday 10/12/2013, 10:41

^ At risk of sounding far too orthodox, I'd say you're better off using something like Don.

The difference between a 1200 --> 1300 --> 1400 --> 1500 player etc. is a kind of 'awareness' in game. Top players see a bigger picture in their matches, can better assess the repercussions of each move and possible card matchups, and can see pathways to victory that lesser players may not.

Obviously the deck is important, but at a certain level you expect all opponents' decks to be quite sound. It's definitely possible for the stronger player to get beaten by a good prediction, bad split, imbalanced star counts etc. but in the long term, the stronger players make good decisions more often.

This situation awareness can definitely be improved with experience... how quickly and how greatly a person can improve differs between individuals.

For anyone looking for actual tips to break 1400 this post is pretty pointless, but I'm simply saying that there is no 'magic formula'. Just try and build a good deck and think about the repercussions of each move you make.
23/24
-Glacier- - Imperator English
Tuesday 10/12/2013, 19:09

Awarness is a huge factor in becoming a 1400 player. Top calibur players play out the entire match in their heads, starting with round 1. There is no secret to becoming a 1400 player, it just takes time and talent. Top players started out scrubbing 1300's etc and built they're way up. By playing week after week, they start recognizing patterns in specific players/cards/decks etc. This gradually increases their scores over time. Playing a good deck is only part of the success. As long as the deck is on level ground with the rest of the meta that week, you'll be fine.
I used to struggle for 1350's, but as I started becoming more aware of each match, my scores increased drastically.
Oh and one huge tip, learn to not play angry. When you get caught on a losing streak and you become frustrated, just get off the computer for like 30 mins, or else you WILL crash your score (If only I could count how many times I crashed from 1450+ to the 1200's in less than an hour)
24/24
neo_08ms - Veteran - knights of oblivion English
Wednesday 11/12/2013, 06:30

Never broke 1300, but I assume it has something to do with using Ongh if you are a Jungo player this week.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals