This week in ELO...

This week in ELO...
Monday 24/05/2010, 09:34
UmExcuseMe - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
38 messages
This week in ELO...
UmExcuseMe - Imperator English - Monday 24/05/2010, 09:34

I think it's pretty clear that the weekly bans shape the ELO environment, so I thot I'd start this thread on the decks that will be prevalent this week in the upper echelons of ELO. Opinions welcome!

Let's start with who's on the ban list. Bye bye, All Stars. After being traumatized by AS+Eyrik decks all last week, both Marina and Striker get the boot (good riddance). Caelus, Copper and Hugo keep their usual place in the sin bin. You'll still see Roots half decks, but at least Shakra won't be there. Same goes for the ever-popular mono-Rescue, who are slightly weakened by the ban on Sledg.

Who escaped this week? There's Morphun, so expect plenty of cheesy DR + heavy hitter decks, and you can forget about subtlety because they'll just absorb everything and deliver the KO in the later rounds. Speaking of cheesy, Sylth amazingly survives the cut (oh joy), and the truly sadistic will play Morphun and Sylth together.

Who else? Let's see, Toro made it, and so did Oshitsune. And...what's this? Uh oh, with Ghumbo, we're all in hot soup. All members of Nightmare and GHEIST survived, which means it's an SOA/SOB week, folks!

My prediction of prevalent decks:
Morphun + Sylth cheese
Morphun + any cheese
Nightmare
GHEIST
Nightmare/GHEIST
GHEIST/Nightmare (are you sensing a pattern?)
Piranas (for those who can't afford Nightmare)
Skeelz (anti-SOA/SOB...good luck beating Morphun)

Comments?
« Previous1234Next »

31/38
SoPunny-Zack - Veteran - Time Conquers All English
Wednesday 02/06/2010, 22:16

I think many people would hate me when i say im using an Eyrik+All Stars+Spiaghi deck...
32/38
Thursday 03/06/2010, 07:52

@GH-Heitah: I suspect the reason Caelus isn't dominating ELO this week is because both Hugo and the three major All Stars (Marina, Striker and Robb) are legal. This, to me, does not indicate that "too many things" own Caelus.

The big problem with Caelus is that on weeks when he is around, you either play him or design a deck around handling him. If one card defines the environment, then it's too powerful.

Frankly, I have the same issue with All Stars defining the environment, and I'd love a permanent ELO ban on Marina for that reason.
33/38
St3f - Guru ελληνικά
Thursday 03/06/2010, 11:38

@UmExcuseMe

I think that every week a new thread shoild be created so we dont get confused
34/38
Thursday 03/06/2010, 12:54

Well, anyone can start the thread each week.

But I think we should probably just use this thread for this week, and start the new thread next week. Otherwise it'd be even more confusing.
35/38
St3f - Guru ελληνικά
Thursday 03/06/2010, 12:59

Exactly
36/38
rogueSleipnir - Guru - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 05/06/2010, 17:58

Damn that caelus !.. lol.

he keeps pushing me down to 1200.. i was aiming for 1300 this week
37/38
Zhudac - Hero English
Saturday 05/06/2010, 20:58

Use All Stars? They have both Marina and Striker unbanned this week, and every single card in their arsenal can at least match Caelus pill-for-pill.... what not to love?
38/38
SoPunny-Zack - Veteran - Time Conquers All English
Sunday 06/06/2010, 00:17

You should use a Spiaghi in the ELO deck aswell

« Previous1234Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals