Hooray! No opponent found :D

Thursday 27/05/2010, 03:30
Frogs N Roses - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
36 messages
Frogs N Roses - Hero - TRiNiTYEnglish - Thursday 27/05/2010, 03:30

Is this common DM problem gonna be able to be fixed? And if so, will it soon?
« Previous1234Next »

21/36
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Saturday 12/06/2010, 10:32

- I don't think players of lower levels should get extra points, only give extra points for winning consequetively

That only 5 freaking points, not a big deal
And lower level players can have big cards, it just depends if they "got the game" quickly or not (I know a few low level friends of mine that are very very good at thoses kind of game and it shows).
And I dont see how this can in any way relate to any kind of ELO cheating... both modes requires the same level to play.
Anyway, can things be "just for fun" from time to time ?

- the player selection stinks..I play 4 or 5 games versus the same player even if I beat him every time
it's not fair play , or
- no games at all, like other players already commented..."can't find opponnent (for 3 frigging minutes..)

With a small pool of players, you may have problems with availability of opp, exactly as it would be if you are 2 players on a 16 players map of an FPS. The QB system will always try to find a fresh opponent for you, but after 30sec, if no new opponents are available, it will allow the last opp to be played again. Either we have a bigger pool, but it's lessen the spirit of the DM (revenge/persecution etc..), or we live with thoses issues (wich become less a problem when more and more players goes into DM).

-or waiting for a new DM to start...for 4 minutes beacause 2 slomo's need to finish a game of "catch the snail"

What about if that's you finishing your game during the extra time ?
I know it's annoying but is it THAT annoying, can't you wait 4 minutes ?

- matching same levels would be fake...that would mean selection and I thought selection in this game was random...selection of cards, selection of player to play against and again...this will only stimulate multi accounters to cheat..

I'm not sure I understand. But in a DM, selection is totally random (beside what I said about avoiding twice the same opp).
22/36
K1NG_PWN4GzZz - Titan - TrAitorzZz English
Monday 14/06/2010, 13:01

I dont see how this can in any way relate to any kind of ELO cheating... both modes requires the same level to play.
- thought the level cap was 20... my mistake, sorry!! ..

- Anyway, can things be "just for fun" from time to time ?

absolutely they can and they should be, but then don't call this game deathmatch,
call it "the coffee corner"
I think the DM system allows for slaughter on a true grand scale, where all the big cards come and play, penalty free
I really like the fact that there now is a gamesystem where the best can really be the best and if you're not,
tough luck...
you don't get to win a DeathMatch until you're good enough
and have invested time and interest in the game, its's cards and mechanics..

- What about if that's you finishing your game during the extra time ?
It's not...I play fast, I don't keep opp. waiting, and will finish a game within 2 minutes if possible
if not, it's my (slow) opp.'s fault
real easy, but really true

- I know it's annoying but is it THAT annoying, can't you wait 4 minutes ?
not to be disrespectfull, but I think an admin should know better then to answer
with this comment..Off course I cannot wait for even a minute, because other people are getting points I'm not and if I was in this game for charity, I would play and let everyone win...

I don't..

I play this game to win
cause it's a deathmatch
23/36
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Monday 14/06/2010, 16:47

Everybody got 20 minutes to start as much battles as they can.
Before the "extratime" feature, you were cut in the middle of a fight as soon as 20 minutes hit.
That was really annoying (and people were vocals about it).
24/36
K1NG_PWN4GzZz - Titan - TrAitorzZz English
Tuesday 15/06/2010, 09:33

True...
people are always gonna be vocal when there's such a nice forum to chatter about it

I really think you guys did a great job with this new system
I'm playing an old Ulu Watu / Uppers DT deck, which (after the new rules where imposed) is useless in DT's nowadays
It slaughters in Survivor and Deathmatch mode

I think the true strength of Deathmatch is the fact you can use any and all cards, without restriction in a fast and furious 20 minutes of Rivals...
and I think that if the no opponnent found problem is solved, the game will be more enjoyable
but hey, that's what a beta version is for right??

good job UR!!
and thanks Fraggle for your comments
pz
25/36
zergling13 - Senior English
Thursday 17/06/2010, 00:17

ELIMINATOR would be awsome
26/36
Kate - Urban Rivals Staff English
Thursday 24/06/2010, 00:03

K1NG_PWN4G3: I don't think players of lower levels should get extra points, only give extra points for winning consequetively

Fraggle: That only 5 freaking points, not a big deal

Me: psh yeah, and I'm guessing the -2 points per Staff banned character deduction is also no big deal in DT's LOL
27/36
0 VEN0M - Senior English
Wednesday 07/07/2010, 06:16

This is no problem this is a very common situation
28/36
Kise2-HW - Hero - humanoid weapons English
Wednesday 07/07/2010, 11:53

Eliminator=
29/36
KR8NUX - Veteran English
Saturday 10/07/2010, 13:13

Yup fraggle , only 5 freaking points , big deal ...

You kno i actualy lost a couple of DMs bcoz of those "5 freaking points"

A noob comes up with good cards , and makes me lose my streak...jumps above me simply bcoz of dat

he iz 3/1
i m 3/1
he wins d DM ..
30/36
KR8NUX - Veteran English
Saturday 10/07/2010, 13:13

Ya eliminator rox !!!

« Previous1234Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals