Is Rescue Invincible?

Is Rescue Invincible?
Monday 31/05/2010, 02:42
Cheunger - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
59 messages
Is Rescue Invincible?
Cheunger - Titan English - Monday 31/05/2010, 02:42

Their support ability makes it just so powerful... Is there any REAL counter?
« Previous123456Next »

31/59
SoPunny-Zack - Veteran - Time Conquers All English
Sunday 06/06/2010, 19:01

@wasteroftime
I think he means their bonus as a team, like with Frankie Hi and Zatman, how they work together.
32/59
Wakshaani - Legend English
Monday 07/06/2010, 07:23

The reason that Rescue is ranked lower is simple: The eight best Rescue can't match the 4 best Uppers and 4 best Montana.

Resuce forces you to play mono decks, never, ever, half decks.

The difference between the top four of two clans and the top eight of one clan is tremendous.
33/59
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Monday 07/06/2010, 08:27

@ Wakshaani

straight up comparisons as to what would beat what isnt the best way to compare the clans.
Rescue is a well balanced deck that is quite versatile.... the lack of Uppers in ELO play at the moment is a reflection on how good their current top 4 is (Dorian and Oxen are probably the only real ELO caliber cards with Nellie and Wendel close behind). Montana are very comparable to Rescue, and it is with the Hugtana deck where they shine.

Finally i would predict an Uppers/Montana deck would not be as easy to use in ELO as mono-Rescue due to the 3-1 split draws you would get sometimes

Rescue is arguably the easiest clan to get to 1300 to in most weeks.
34/59
Mr Intelijent - Hero - D-Versified English
Monday 07/06/2010, 09:53

Montana is an easy 1300 same with La Junta and Junkz, Rescue are crippled by certain decks while those cards are pretty decent vs anything
35/59
Wakshaani - Legend English
Tuesday 08/06/2010, 05:27

True re: ELO play, which, sadly, I don't get to stick a toe in very often. ELO players are some of the best of the best and, sadly, my frequent time off leaves me in their wake... I *wish* I was good enough for full-time ELO play but, alas, 160-ish is my high point ... and that was with mono-Freaks, of all things!

Uppers in DT play, however, still have access to Jackie and Zatman, two chaaracters who needed to be kicked to CR status ages ago... they're banned from ELO play, but they still wreck people in dailies.

Which is why I so often push for Type 1 to be a "No CR" environment. Type 2, they're on par with everything else, but new players who run into Zatman, Jackie, or, say, Vickie Cr? That's not a happy match, and new players comming in is the lifeblood of any game. When those two, plus Oxen and topped off with 1 more Upper, you have a mean halfdeck that combines with, for example, Montana, to beat most anything out there.

But that's probably drifting off topic from just 'how to beat Rescue'.

Rescue lives on winning three or four rounds. If they lose two, they're usually out ... they just don't have the damage to catch up against most decks. As such, even if you get a bad matchup, you should angle for winning just a couple of rounds, not fight against each and every one. If you have, say, Junta, two wins is often a knockout... pick the two openings you think you see, pill up, and punch through. (And out of room. Ack!)
36/59
TheTopHat - Veteran - Open Casket English
Tuesday 08/06/2010, 06:44

The good thing in Rescue is you make your enemy pill1-2 pillz depending on their bonus.. Roots and ghiest can't easily kill them as they have stop cards.. All Stars,Bangers and Ulu Watu can also be defeated by Rescue depending on how they play. the also defeat Montana and Uppers because the have to pill atleast one to beat a Rescue card w/o pillz. they made me 1300 easily last week(my 1st time of using Rescue).

But hey! this is DT thread! all i can say is they are good in playing DT too.
37/59
Antonescu - Guru Română
Tuesday 08/06/2010, 21:45

You can beat them really easy with high power or damage sentinels like Copper, Hawk, Owen, Havok, Chloe,etc
38/59
geoj - Legend - <=Chaos-Knights=> English
Wednesday 09/06/2010, 07:49

Yes, yes they are invisible. That's why anyone who plays serious won't play anything else. I said the same thing about all-stars and Uppers.
Anyone who is serious won't play anything but all-stars.
Anyone serious will only play Uppers.
Anyone serious will only play Montana
anyone serious will only play Roots, GHEIST, Piranas or Nightmare and nothing else except maybe anything else.
39/59
MABanator - Hero - Ramshackle Glory English
Monday 14/06/2010, 10:29

I just started using Rescue to and i've found Junkzr hardest 2 beat but Rescue is probably one of the if not thebest mono clan if u know how to use them ur pretty much unbeatable check this out http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1331739&list
40/59
Lermont - Imperator English
Monday 14/06/2010, 21:37

I find Rescue reasonable, I used to play mono Montana and beat Rescue 2 out of 3, now I play All Stars and it's a bit harder, but not by much (the GHEIST aren't as big of a problem as a trade-off).

« Previous123456Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals