The Shop turns over a new leaf!

Tuesday 08/06/2010, 11:06
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
308 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Tuesday 08/06/2010, 11:06

The Shop hasn’t changed in three years. It’s getting a facelift today.
Action, Cool attitude and Danger packs give way to three brand new revolutionary packs which allow you to choose which clans you’ll get in the pack. In the Classic pack, you’ll find 3 characters within 6 clans at your choice. In the Elite pack you’ll get three cards too but within 4 clans only. The Titanium pack goes further with its 30 characters within 4 clans at your choice without any doubles in.
More change : three other new packs appeared which allow you to buy Clintz so you can do your shopping in the Market directly (2000, 4000 or 10000 Clintz).
New Blood, Full Deck and Rainbow packs didn’t change et you can still find them in the Shop.
« Previous12...2425262728293031Next »

271/308
Dragon1der - Legend - Limit Break English
Saturday 14/07/2012, 22:52

No announcement was made to the shops packs. I'm not convinced this change was for the best. 7 credits for the lowest cost pack and it's only common characters. Titanium is the only one that lets you choose any clans. All the rest are from all clans. Odd change. Any bets on purchases dropping???
272/308
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Sunday 15/07/2012, 03:05

"Any bets on purchases dropping???"

My chips are on the option where new players simply sign off forever when they smell and see the ripoff. This game is now in verge of losing its userbase.

If new players dissappear the system goes sour very fast. I have seen that happen way too often to be comfortable with idea.

Market will blow on this, making the effect more visible - because the minimum pay for getting few old uncommons and rares is 50 credits, that means there will be serious undersupply on those cards. Therefore they will be marketplayed a lot = prices rise.

Common cards are already dropping in prices as we speak. I see people dumping commons for under 100 now; something that has not happened in years. This is logical since only affordable none-NB deck pushes out commons ... as does all other packs in top of that.

Result: Common dirt will be extremely cheap, so the 7 credit pack wont bring new players single bit closer to getting any of those uncommons/rares from the market. Thats why market will very quickly reveal the ugly truth to new players in near future.

Also because they removed the ability to pick moneymaking clans, some of the introductionary good cards (for example Mawpin) are going to shoot up, because that kind of cards are no longer oversupplied. This removes the stepstones created by unbalanced markets from the new playes, and the market will set to exactly play-value based pricing.
273/308
Dr Bluthgeld - Titan - Les Légendaire Guerrier D'urban English
Sunday 15/07/2012, 19:27

What a bug had escaped Government's agents? Has anybody recognised the strange dates displaying at every post?

Programmers, get up and fix it. Customer is always right and WE ARE THE CUSTOMERS!
274/308
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Monday 16/07/2012, 00:02

I personally enjoy this update. Noobs get their collections filled easier (as for 21 credits, they get a bunch of potentially-good commons). and people like me now have the ability to easily draw rares out of packs.
275/308
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Monday 16/07/2012, 02:25

The problem, Myeltd, is that noobs aren't trying to fill their collections just for the sake of having their collections filled. They want great cards they can compete with, most of which are uncommon and rare. This change really limits your options if you're new to the game and don't want to drop $50 just to find out if you like the game or not.
276/308
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Monday 16/07/2012, 03:38

"and people like me now have the ability to easily draw rares out of packs."

Old packs had 45% flat chance per pack to have rare in it.

Ultimate currently costs 195creds - you could have 9,75 old packs for it ... Meaning average 4,4 rares.

So yes, you get slightly more rares, but way less uncommons and commons (8 cards instead of 29) which could turn into clintz and therefore into more rares from market.
277/308
DivaDestiny - Legend - The Infinite Shoeblack English
Monday 16/07/2012, 22:29

The new packs are inconvenient for me as a trader since they alter the prices of cards. However, they may be good for newbies who just want some basic commons to play with. The 7 credit packs are easy to work up to by playing in a few tourneys.

A lot of good cards are commons- like Spiaghi, Isatis, Yookie etc. These cards will go down in price and become more accessible to the average player. Uncommons, on the other hand, should be going up in price and rares I am not yet sure about.

I don't think the new packs are a rip-off- but I would have liked more warning before they came out.
278/308
0 Pride - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 17/07/2012, 04:17

I don't like the New Packs.
I want the old ones back
279/308
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 17/07/2012, 17:37

@DivaDestiny: There has been a banner which took you to a voteing page for a while now.
280/308
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Tuesday 17/07/2012, 19:07

@UM: I think the voting definitely could have been better handled. Even though the new packs probably looked good to a lot of people, I can't imagine everyone was in any way voting against still keeping packs like the old Extended one in the shop.

The issue isn't that the new packs are a bad option, but that the old packs were also a good option that didn't need to be removed. They were especially helpful for new players and players who cannot afford to sink money into this game on a regular basis. I simply don't see any benefit to removing the old packs.

« Previous12...2425262728293031Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals