The Shop turns over a new leaf!

Tuesday 08/06/2010, 11:06
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
308 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Tuesday 08/06/2010, 11:06

The Shop hasn’t changed in three years. It’s getting a facelift today.
Action, Cool attitude and Danger packs give way to three brand new revolutionary packs which allow you to choose which clans you’ll get in the pack. In the Classic pack, you’ll find 3 characters within 6 clans at your choice. In the Elite pack you’ll get three cards too but within 4 clans only. The Titanium pack goes further with its 30 characters within 4 clans at your choice without any doubles in.
More change : three other new packs appeared which allow you to buy Clintz so you can do your shopping in the Market directly (2000, 4000 or 10000 Clintz).
New Blood, Full Deck and Rainbow packs didn’t change et you can still find them in the Shop.
« Previous12...2425262728293031Next »

281/308
Kate - Urban Rivals Staff English
Thursday 19/07/2012, 05:47

I was just trying to get back to the game , and saw those stupid new packs instead of the good old ones .

So can anybody tell me that they are just testing the new packs or it is 4ever so i can leave the game immediately
282/308
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 19/07/2012, 13:13

@iQuit
I highly doubt that they are forever. This is the fourth time in my days that the normal packs are changed, and the third time it was something big.
283/308
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Thursday 19/07/2012, 15:36

Fix old
No new
284/308
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Thursday 19/07/2012, 18:42

The old packs posed a problem that people could "pick the cherries".... I kind of understand why that led to problems.

The answer that would have eliminated this dilemma was simply to raise cost of Classic pack to 25 credits and Elite pack to 30 credits. That would have ironed out the problem, because after that all packs would have been roughly equal in value even with Cherry-picks while not denying people the possibility of guiding their decks towards clans they really want to play.

Next nice thing would have been to eliminate the "trash" from packs (Bob Joby etc) - and setting them to "obsolete cards" pack, costing 5 credits a pack and removing them from all other packs. Only thing these cards have potential for is that they might - or might not - be collectors some day. You could play with them if you wished and they would be normal cards, but they would not clutter the normal packs no more.

Sometimes solution is simply to fix the problems, not try to reinvent the wheel.
285/308
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Friday 20/07/2012, 04:09

Really, was there really a significant problem to begin with? Everyone I know in this game seemed happy with the old pack system. Not a single person complained. If they weren't generating revenue well enough, I think it would have been simple to reach out to the players in some positive way. Weekend discounts on credit prices, or even some sort of message like "UR needs your support, so if X packs are purchased in the next 10 days, we'll do some really cool thing to thank our players" would have probably done the trick.
286/308
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Friday 20/07/2012, 11:01

"Really, was there really a significant problem to begin with?"

Actually there was (I suppose). The problem did not concern players but it probably did concern system itself. Old packs were kind of too cheap / powerful so this game could be easily played without money with good picks. This is of cource "do want" for players, but it makes things difficult for developers, they were throwing all goodies away for free because the pack system allowed it.

So, to keep this game running some kind of rebalancing would be needed. Unfortunately they made freeplay extremely tough and unrewarding now so I fear they simply chose the opposite end and thus the appeal is gone from new players. Blood does not circulate and system withers because new players = mandatory for game like this to survive in long run.

Real solution is not to destroy player confidence, but make freeplay require lots of effort (but not too much to make people simply quit because freeplay is insanity... currently for new players freeplay is nearly impossible because they cannot get their decks up), and give real money a solid shortcut status.
287/308
Kate - Urban Rivals Staff English
Friday 20/07/2012, 14:50

The main problem is : No new player is gonna be able to make a playable deck because the range of the cards that you can pull out from the packs is too high ( unless you are buying titanium which is a very stupid decision for a person who hasn't known much about the game )
I love card games , i've played many tcg before , all of them give separate the packs into guild packs , or chapters ( if the game has a story , i mean the big one ) ... etc ...
But when i see UR 's shop , i think :"oh gosh , do they know what they are doing ? " because it is terrible , oh come on , the more you pay , the more rare card you can get . Really UR ? I have to pay like another sliver pack to get 2 rares ? In other tcg , you get rare by luck . Why so greedy ?
288/308
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Friday 20/07/2012, 17:15

@ Deep End: See, I don't know if we have anything to back that up. I was happy with old freeplay, and also quite happy spending money on old packs... I heard literally 0 complaints among all the players I knew, and quite a few of the ones that have been around for several years were sinking $10-$50 into the game once every few months. Getting your 20 credits took hours and hours of work, OR just 99 cents. It seems like kind of a no-brainer for everyone who is invested in the game and has a job (or parents who aren't irrationally scared of internet purchases, for that matter.) So if there was an issue, maybe it was that a fairly large number players weren't very invested in the game? But that seems like an issue you can't fix by changing the store... With any game that allows freeplay, there will be a population of players who are determined not to spend a single red cent. They are notoriously hard to convert to paying customers. (Speaking from my personal experience with business in the app store.)

At any rate, packs will always be in demand because of New Blood "jackpot" cards. Getting these usually requires multiple purchases, and grinding credits, quite frankly, usually doesn't cut it. The fact that new packs have more cards means that players who are okay with spending money regularly might spend bigger sums, but it also might discourage some players because the price of entry has gone up. I guess if these changes are kept, we'll see how they work out.
289/308
Tropicallo - Guru - TRiNiTY English
Saturday 21/07/2012, 18:33

I'm curious to know the comparison between Silver, Gold, and Ultimate. Obviously there are pros and cons to each. I guess my question is whether of not 1x Ultimate is better than 3x Silver. I'm not convinced that 2 extra rares are worth the loss of 18 non-rare cards.

I guess it may be determined by the price change on uncommon cards. If they do rise, then the 18 extra non-rares could be more profitable than 2 rares. Obviously there is a luck factor which would determine actual gains, but I'm curious about large-scale generalities.

I'm not looking to profit, I'm just looking to not waste credits. I want to know if there is a substantial shift in value between the packs. If anyone has more market insight or has better math skills then me, I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks.
290/308
Zero-Alucard - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 22/07/2012, 08:55

So are the new packs just temporary or permanent? Please don't be permanent Only worth while pack to keep would be Basic, as to help out newer players into the game. 50 credits to buy just the Silver pack is rather too much, at least bring that down to 25 credits

« Previous12...2425262728293031Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals