ELO: IT IS OFFICIALY IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!

Sunday 11/07/2010, 17:53
FullMetalAlc - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
45 messages
FullMetalAlc - Hero English - Sunday 11/07/2010, 17:53

I'm getting absolutely sick and fed up of ELO and I wanted to reach 1200 regulary but ALWAYS (repeat: ALWAYS) go off on a losing streak.
This happens EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK. And I CANNOT EVEN REACH ANYWHERE NEAR 1200!!!!
(For those who say it's easy: NOT WHEN YOU'RE CONSTANTLY FACE AND LOSE TO ELO EXPERTS!!!!!)

Absolutely fed up with 2 credits and now wanting to move on to 5 credits BUT IT IS NOW IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Is there any decks that's GUARENTEED to work and get me to the impossible, unachieveable target of 1200?!?!?
« Previous12345Next »

11/45
Force Majeure - Moderator - Open Casket English
Sunday 11/07/2010, 20:15

Looking at your cards and your experience I'd suggest this:
E Proviamo i Rescue

For one, stay away from Bridget in using a Rescue deck just because Sledg is banned this week, use Hugo instead.
See now why I said you need more experience?

Try it out first and get used to it. As I said, you won't become an expert inside a day even if you wanted to, not even with the best deck on earth. In your situation, what you need is more fights to get more experience. In the long run you can adjust your deck the way it suits your play style and you will eventually get better.
12/45
Sunday 11/07/2010, 20:22

I'm also considering Montana (another cheap option) but the problem is that as Piranas and Nightmare get ever more popular, is it still recommended?
13/45
Kate - Urban Rivals Staff English
Sunday 11/07/2010, 20:24

@FM, comment 1

Could've easily said "what works for some may not work for others"
Sums all that up

Anyways I couldn't really give you advice because tons of players will come and tell you not to listen to me, that they have better elo scores yata yata. That's fine, and you can choose to listen to me or not.

- 1st thing has been said, play a clan you're used to and comfortable with, that suits your playing style. There's some clans and cards that'll be considered defensive or offensive (if you play Ottavia instead of Sharon, it'll come off as defensive... it could give you an edge but it's not guaranteed)

- Put yourself in your opp's shoes. If you were in their position what would you play? Then play the necessary pillz to beat them.

- Or think about how many pillz they COULD use before it becomes useless to try and beat your card. For ex, Tula brings your opps 6 powered card to 2 power. ppl usually play 6 and the starting pill in the first round. You can play Tula with 4+starting pill. 15 attack beats 14 attack. But then look to see if they can 2HKO with another card if that one wins. If so, doesn't hurt to add an extra pill. Imagine if they overpill one, win the round, you go all out to win the next round and they bluffed, then win easily.

- Bluff the timer. Make your opp think you're really thinking about what to do but in reality you've already had that figured out. Ofc don't wait till the timer turns red
14/45
0 Anderson - Titan English
Sunday 11/07/2010, 21:01

Its all about how you play the game bud. keep practicing in ELO, and regular gameplay. you will find strategies to get you up to even 1300 a week
15/45
Fatecalling - Veteran - Time Conquers All English
Sunday 11/07/2010, 21:13

Invest in Emeth.and La Junta is hard to play in ELO naturally.boost your experience.
16/45
Vinyl-Scratch - Legend - D-Versified English
Sunday 11/07/2010, 21:25

Try using this deck deleted
17/45
M-Bison - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 11/07/2010, 21:41

Well your state of mind effects the way you play aswell, and if you keep thinking 'Elo is impossible' then it will no doubt be alot harder for you. Dont go into elo thinking 'this is so hard ect ect..' go in there thinking your gonna get past 1400. Im not saying you could go into ELO thinking 'im gonna get past 1400' and have the worst deck known to man, but the state of mind your in certenly helps. Also i realised your using resuce, well play random. Random can get you some easy wins due to the resuce bonus.

Also experience is the key to victory, you will find after time that certen cards are played with a certen amount of pillz (normally) so you can get some easy wins just by predicting what your oppent will do with a certen card.
An example of this would be Scubb. He is regularly played with 8 pillz if you havent got SOA. Meaning i could just let it though or pill to stop it. Either way certen cards are very predictable, and having experience with these cards will no doubt help you win.
As for decks that are 'GUARENTEED' to win, well theres none. Theres decks that work better then others but its based on the player, but i'd personally find a deck/clan you like to work with, you'll play better with clans you like.
18/45
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Sunday 11/07/2010, 22:50

Practice practice practice.

once you are comfortable getting into the 1200s, start playing for 1300s. trust me it gets much much easier
19/45
Sunday 11/07/2010, 23:41

@Fatecalling
Might switch to Montana but quite a lot of Piranas/Nightmares around.
20/45
Monday 12/07/2010, 00:47

@M-bison
I DID use Rescue for ELO and I DID also play in Random. But almost up to the point of reaching 1200, that's when the extremely long losing streak began.

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals