ELO: IT IS OFFICIALY IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!

Sunday 11/07/2010, 17:53
FullMetalAlc - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
45 messages
FullMetalAlc - Hero English - Sunday 11/07/2010, 17:53

I'm getting absolutely sick and fed up of ELO and I wanted to reach 1200 regulary but ALWAYS (repeat: ALWAYS) go off on a losing streak.
This happens EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK. And I CANNOT EVEN REACH ANYWHERE NEAR 1200!!!!
(For those who say it's easy: NOT WHEN YOU'RE CONSTANTLY FACE AND LOSE TO ELO EXPERTS!!!!!)

Absolutely fed up with 2 credits and now wanting to move on to 5 credits BUT IT IS NOW IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Is there any decks that's GUARENTEED to work and get me to the impossible, unachieveable target of 1200?!?!?
« Previous12345Next »

21/45
drakenkanon - Master English
Monday 12/07/2010, 00:55

Dude, if elo is impossible, how do ppl get ~1600 elo sometimes? i am not an experienced player but 1200 should be easy with some practice, 1300 is harder, 1400 is for pro ppl and 1500+ for total addicts
22/45
M-Bison - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 12/07/2010, 02:51

Well everyone has losing streaks, i mean for example i tried to get to 1400 today and i think the highest i went to was 1342 i think but then sailed back down to 1290 then back to 1300. We all have them but the thing is, if you lose 3 battles in a row, just stop. Then play later, thats what i do.
23/45
owButtacup Ld - Veteran - ONE WORLD English
Monday 12/07/2010, 03:06

Um i think u just stink in elo. if it wasn't for elo, my battle rate wouldn't have risen. I don't have the best deck in the world, nor am i the best player. but last week, i got my personal best in elo with 1260. using the cheapest deck of all TIME!

Noodile
Yookie
Rico
Amanie
Muze/Noemi
Ditha
Wanda
Brittany

I could have gotten 1300 with at least Yayoi or Lou in my deck. but im stubborn and i chose not to, even though people tell me to. lol got to 1200 for the first time, in 10 tries so practice and skill is all that you need

last time i check, deck worthed at least 6k, it's better than my Piranas deck and Sakrohm deck combined
24/45
Endracer - Imperator - ▪▪Blood Hunters▪▪ Español
Monday 12/07/2010, 03:39

I am no that experienced, but here is one thing that will help you a lot:

-Find a clan you play the best, people public presets of 1426 ELO by using Bangers and I'm not even close to 1200 with Bangers, by that it means you have to try all the clans.
-Then find the best cards of the clan(s) you picked, or if not the best the ones that you can play excellent
-Ajust your deck by the banned/unbanned cards of the week.. having a copper free will means you have to put at least one SOA cards... knowing that GHEIST will dominate try using Roots instead.

The rest is about experience of playing
25/45
LetheanTears - Guru - TRiNiTY English
Monday 12/07/2010, 12:46

Have you played for extended periods at a time? Whenever I do that my thinking gets worn, tired and don't think things through. Obviously, I'll end up losing more often than not. Play for shorter periods if you do play a lot.

Feng Shui, make sure your environment makes you feel comfortable. I always play terribly at a friends or if I'm in the garage or something.

If all else fails, use All Stars. They're like Akuma and/or Sagat, their top tier. Top Tier usually means they dismantle most everything else. My ELO goes up as soon as I pick up my All Stars. Just kidding, no one likes playing against All Stars. But, if you don't care, go for it.

Just one more suggestion, chess dang it. The first time I seriously played a chess game in who knows how long was also right before I broke 1400 ELO for the first time.
26/45
FullMetalAlc - Hero English
Monday 12/07/2010, 18:06

@drakenkanon
I guess those who reach 1600 are pretty much geeks who know absolutely everything on UR.

@Reihana14
I would have gone for All Stars but the staples are constantly getting banned which is the big problem and are almighty expensive.
27/45
rogueSleipnir - Guru - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 12/07/2010, 18:41

The best weapon is experience.

From a lot of battles, in time you WILL know the most likely attack patterns based on who and when it's played.
And you'll be able to distinguish bluffs easier too.
28/45
0 Pride - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 13/07/2010, 03:39

It is not really impossible
when i started playing in ELO,
i'm satisfied with 2 credits every week and always afraid of losing down to 1000 below
but when i reach with 1200 with my Bangers deck
i become more hungry getting into 1300
and then as experience is more concern, i got 1300 ELO every week
and i can do this to dual decks because of 250 wins mission also
now my next goal is to reach 1400 (and a cr)
it maybe difficult but i'm trying to reach for it
29/45
Sevver - Hero English
Wednesday 14/07/2010, 00:25

I know how the original poster feels. I currently only play as few elo games each week as i can to get the 2 credits as i find it a frustrating and pointless experience sometimes. The idea i love, but the fact that you can be up against people who are obviously veterans of elo when you yourself are sitting at under 1000 ruins things for me and makes your elo seem random.

A good example is tonight, i've played my 6 games for the week and am at 1030. This is from winning 3, all against people ranked levels 50-70 (i'm currently level 37), drawing 1 against someone ranked level 70, and losing 2. All but one of the people i played had decks costing many thousand more clints than mine, yet because they were all ranked around 1000 at the time one defeat drags me right back down.

Surely the point of elo is the higher you get the harder the opponent becomes, but it's simply not the case the way it is on UR. An easy way to fix this would be implement a system where people keep a proportion of their elo points from the week before and that way an opponents elo ranking (and therefore your own) actually mean something. Until then it's a waste of time until you can buy the most expensive cards or sit and play game after game until you're lucky enough to be given a string of players closer to your own progress through the game.

I'm not complaining about losing matches, i'd just like the format to actually do what it's supposed to do.

Sev
30/45
0 Anderson - Titan English
Wednesday 14/07/2010, 01:13

Um... It's not the deck... It's the player and how She/he plays the game.

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals