ELO: IT IS OFFICIALY IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!

Sunday 11/07/2010, 17:53
FullMetalAlc - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
45 messages
FullMetalAlc - Hero English - Sunday 11/07/2010, 17:53

I'm getting absolutely sick and fed up of ELO and I wanted to reach 1200 regulary but ALWAYS (repeat: ALWAYS) go off on a losing streak.
This happens EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK. And I CANNOT EVEN REACH ANYWHERE NEAR 1200!!!!
(For those who say it's easy: NOT WHEN YOU'RE CONSTANTLY FACE AND LOSE TO ELO EXPERTS!!!!!)

Absolutely fed up with 2 credits and now wanting to move on to 5 credits BUT IT IS NOW IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Is there any decks that's GUARENTEED to work and get me to the impossible, unachieveable target of 1200?!?!?
« Previous12345Next »

31/45
Sevver - Hero English
Wednesday 14/07/2010, 02:05

Well obviously, but you wouldn't try and argue that the ability to have some high priced choice cards in your deck doesn't make a difference to any kind of player would you?

But the point i was trying to make is that there is no continuity between weeks and because of this the format suffers, you can win a handful of games against any type of player: people who are obviously quality players down to complete novices, and then be unlucky enough to meet another couple quality players who know what to do with a big budget, who, because they are just starting elo for the week drag your ranking down disproportionately.

If players kept say a proportion of their elo score above 1000 from the previous week (eg. if it was 40% a player finishing the previous week with 1500 would begin the next on 1200) then there would be far less randomness in quality of opponent and people unfamiliar with the format could attempt to work their way up to consistently better levels of competition.

Think tennis for example, andy Murray doesnt run the risk of meeting rafa nadal in the first round of every tournament does he? And Kramnik doesn't beat club level chess players every second game.
32/45
LetheanTears - Guru - TRiNiTY English
Wednesday 14/07/2010, 03:15

@ FMA - All Stars are more than playable without Striker and/or Marina. Oyoh, Randy, Robb and Jessie is still a great half. Plenty cheap too. And it's not like there isn't other top tier clans.
33/45
Nnoitra5TH - Titan English
Wednesday 14/07/2010, 03:56

I suck at elo and i dont give up some times i think i should but its not in my nature to just keep trying some day you will get better i know i will
34/45
UM_Fnord - Titan English
Wednesday 14/07/2010, 05:02

Sewer, start playing ELO on Wednesdays/ Thursdays. All the good players will have higher ELO scores and you are unlikely to meet them.
Anyway, everybody should be able to reach 1200 with a halfway decent deck.
35/45
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 14/07/2010, 07:11

Best time to play elo is either really early in the week....
or play mid-week

get to the score you want, factor in all the deductions that will happen, and stop playing. for example if i start mid-week i will get a score of 1340 and stop since its good enough to end above 1300

worst time is at the end of the week... you will get a rush of ppl wanting higher scores.

i play on Friday/Sat till i get 1310 or higher then i stop. im sure im not the only one who does this.
36/45
drakenkanon - Master English
Wednesday 14/07/2010, 10:41

@fullmetallalc:

yea, they sure are
37/45
Fatecalling - Hero - Time Conquers All English
Wednesday 14/07/2010, 13:24

Look through the clans and find a few that is right for you. once you do,obssess about them and practice alot.

my advice
38/45
FullMetalAlc - Hero English
Wednesday 14/07/2010, 14:12

@Fatecalling
Once reached 1200 with Rescue when Sledge is available so it's mainly Rescue when Sledge isn't banned.
39/45
El Kabong - Master - Pinoy Locals English
Wednesday 14/07/2010, 14:36

You don't get matched against your so-called ELO Experts if you're in the 1000-1200 level range. You get matched against people of your skill level.

If this is so and you keep losing, either rethink the way you play your deck or I've got some news for you, buddy.
40/45
Sevver - Hero English
Wednesday 14/07/2010, 17:51

@UM_Fnord: thanks for the advice, i usually play a handful of games on a friday afternoon and then work out the deductions. If i start playing elo seriously i'll try playing in midweek. And yeah 1200 looks easy needing nothing more than decent tactics.

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals