I'm getting absolutely sick and fed up of ELO and I wanted to reach 1200 regulary but ALWAYS (repeat: ALWAYS) go off on a losing streak.
This happens EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK. And I CANNOT EVEN REACH ANYWHERE NEAR 1200!!!!
(For those who say it's easy: NOT WHEN YOU'RE CONSTANTLY FACE AND LOSE TO ELO EXPERTS!!!!!)
Absolutely fed up with 2 credits and now wanting to move on to 5 credits BUT IT IS NOW IMPOSSIBLE!!!
Is there any decks that's GUARENTEED to work and get me to the impossible, unachieveable target of 1200?!?!?
When I play ELO I get from 1000-1200 pretty easily especially if my post-graduate studies aren't getting in the way. Sometimes I can even make it all the way to 1300 if things are going my way. Although in general my score does hover at 1300-1325 most weeks, highest I ever got was 1350.
So let me get this straight, and I'm quoting you okay:
"This happens EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK. And I CANNOT EVEN REACH ANYWHERE NEAR 1200!!!!"
"It's mainly when I'm in the 1150 - 1200 range I faced what I consider the "ELO experts"."
Contradicting statement is contradicting, sorry.
FullMetalAlc be aware of the weaknesses of your clan, I like the cheap Montana & Hugo Combo (even now), but Hugo is banned too often and Montana has very low damage and you are most of the time forced to win 3 out of 4 combats which isn't that easy to pull off.
I understand that you feel overpowered by many expert players, but you just have to play more to understand the basics behind the game.
You need to know the rules:
- pills * power = attack
- equal attack ratings => lower star card wins
- equal attack ratings and stars => attacking card wins
- higher star count in your hand than your opponent => you have to start the round
- if you start the round => only one of your cards is not predictable for your opponent, this is a major problem if you have to start
While you are playing always take a look at your enemies cards and consider the following:
- is this card worth it to spend pillz against
- what are the remaining cards
- how many rounds does he need after this / or that / ... card to win
- is this card's ability scary enough to prevent me from pilling at all => might be a bluff (for Example Charlie or Uranus, heavy reduction AND heavy damage)
- be aware of the situational abilities
- be aware of when to pressure your opponent and when to bluff
okay this might be stating the obvious, but I consider myself quite good at the theoretical approach (I suck at ELO, because I don't have the time for it ...)
Hope this is helpfull !