"Smoke"-less Piranas

"Smoke"-less Piranas
Tuesday 27/07/2010, 19:31
DrTravelerLoA - Master English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
27 messages
"Smoke"-less Piranas
DrTravelerLoA - Master - Legends of AmericaEnglish - Tuesday 27/07/2010, 19:31

There's been a lot of talk on this board recently about Smokey Cr and the Piranas, along with allegations that in order to play Piranas competitively in ELO, you *must* own Smokey Cr.

I want to explore this. Is it possible to build a Piranas deck without Smokey Cr?

I was thinking about:

Dalhia, Selma, Ulrich, Tyd, Taljion, Tula, Spycee, Hawkins

You still have pill manipulation, you've got some hard to stop cards, and some good defense. Other "smoke free" Piranas ideas out there?
« Previous123Next »

21/27
Alpha Male 77 - Titan English
Wednesday 28/07/2010, 17:38

Are you only open to a mono Piranas build?

I can't afford Smokey Cr yet so I used this deck:

http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=1403991

Easily changed for your preferences and Vortex seems to help with the bluff and pill manipulation potential.
22/27
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 28/07/2010, 19:15

"I don't need to have played to be able to see how a card would perform. And I repeat: the /only/ reason Deadeye was so prominent was because Taljion and Ulrich were not released then. Were that not the case we'd still see him in GHEIST heavy weeks and we simply do not."

thank you for making my point for me. new cards enter --- the meta game changes
new cards get banned -- the meta game changes (Hawk and Ratannah are the two obvious recent examples)

a one pill advantage for piranhas is enormous my friend. Tula could only match Toro and Rolph but she was considered to be a counter.

"I don't need to have played to be able to see how a card would perform"

this is a bold statement shadow... so i take it you knew that Robb was going to be a beast??? oh wait thats before you started playing --- so you would only know by hindsight. Robb was NOT a beast. Randy was the beast... but with the popularity of All Stars, Randy started to be used as a counter. How about the decline of Leviatonn then his rebound? How about the decline of Lullabee in favour of Hikiyousan? all these things are results of people PLAYING the game and adjusting to the trends

shadow the metagame changes with releases and bannings.

regardless of changes that happen, i reckon you would still be posting about the "end of ELO" and so on.
23/27
Trippie - Legend - Open Casket English
Wednesday 28/07/2010, 19:21

But waster surely with Toro and Rolph gone now there is now need to use Deadeye..Draheera and Wardom will beat him pill for pill, as will Arkn and zd

i still stand by my splashed chiara as the best option to replace smokey in mono

synergy is not all a deck needs - sometimes brute force works too
24/27
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 28/07/2010, 19:40

Oh trippie i agree, you'd be crazy to run Deadeye now.

but when GHEIST were dominating.... and by dominating, not like the top tier clan they are now, i mean full on domination every other week. id say well over half the decks above say 1200 were running 1/2 decks of GHEIST -- Deadeye was sometimes the choice over Tyd.

thats how the game changes and develops. as GHEIST lost their stranglehold --- using Deadeye made no sense since the 8 power of Tyd could deal with AS and most of the Sentinels

but back on topic
mono-pirs without Smokey.... nah ill pass. not even a half deck. when Smokey got banned occasionally, piranha use dropped for good reason. maybe id run Tula Hawkins Tyd dalhia
25/27
MobiusWyrm - Legend - Second 2 None English
Wednesday 28/07/2010, 19:51

Smokey Cr is strong, but there are lots of others that are suitable swaps. I have used him, and I haven't. Depends on your pairings.

Choices left for Pillz manipulation in a Mono Piranas:
5 Stars:
Selma, Dahlia
4 Stars:
Katan, Scubb
3 Stars:
Andsom
2 Stars:
Hawkins, Hawking Noel, Trey

Decent 3 Star Replacements for Smokey Cr are:
Taljion, Goldie, Tyd, Deadeye, and Uhlrich

Taljion: He is a good bluff card, either they put pillz behind him to prevent the 4, or he walks
Goldie: She is a good bluff caller
Tyd: 8/4
Uhlrich: Damage reduction
Deadeye: At 4/6 with -3 usually will draw pillz late in the game, or a damage reducer
26/27
DrTravelerLoA - Master - Legends of America English
Thursday 29/07/2010, 19:35

Still a lot of good tools left, even with Dalhia, Smokey Cr, and Hawkins looking at bans next week. I'll be curious to see how much more love Scubb and Katan will get, along with Selma. There's still a lot of VERY good possibilities for Piranas.

I will admit they're getting a through clubbing though. Just makes it that much more rewarding to win with them.
27/27
MABanator - Hero - Ramshackle Glory English
Friday 30/07/2010, 00:28

I find andsome 2 be a decent replacement no where near his effectiveness but decent

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals