I need a question answered about ELO

Friday 30/07/2010, 01:50
XC Manfred 32 - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
28 messages
XC Manfred 32 - Titan - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Friday 30/07/2010, 01:50

What's wrong with playing no pills in the 1st and 2nd round in ELO or as the French like to call it - 'old' ? Some call it 'cheating' and wanted to know if any1 knew what was wrong with it.

(Word from our sponsor: Stand There While I kick Ur A** )
« Previous123Next »

21/28
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Saturday 31/07/2010, 17:40

Regarding the original question. How many of those who complained were down by approx 6 pillz?
22/28
Zaraphael - Novice English
Sunday 01/08/2010, 04:14

I've tried 0 pilling on round 1 and 2 but found I had much more success trying to out math my opponent on round 1.
23/28
Lunien - Guru English
Sunday 01/08/2010, 05:16

Just don't be stupid with it. If you have Pussycats or Jungo, you can go ahead and try it. If you're facing FPC or Junta, DON'T do it. It's just one of many tactics, anyone who only uses one tactic is bad.

If you're not good enough to beat a "noob" who uses a "cheap-shot tactic" then clearly you aren't as good as you think you are. To be pro sometimes you have to think like a noob.
24/28
Krahhl - Veteran English
Sunday 01/08/2010, 05:43

If relying on guesswork is noobish, isn't anyone who plays this game a noob? Even if you pill on the first round, you still try to guess how many pillz your opponent will use and beat them without overpilling. You actually need even more luck because the numbers are not solid.
It all depends on play style. Some people prefer to win as many rounds as possible for an easy win, while others build up an advantage and do the damage when it is harder to counter. There are different strategies, and just because you do not agree with this one does not mean it is not valid.
25/28
Sunnyjimbob - Legend English
Sunday 01/08/2010, 09:28

If you play 3 or more pills and your opponent plays none (which isnt that uncommon) then you are left in trouble anyway. This game is mostly about reading your opponent anyway so 50/50 or not, it makes no difference
26/28
XC-MerLiN - Eternal - E X C A L I B U R Русский
Sunday 01/08/2010, 12:20

Sometimes the opponent guesses the gambit correctly and plays with 1 pill eac in the frst 2 rounds, in which case, you're cooked!
27/28
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Sunday 01/08/2010, 17:27

Well, sometimes the opponent plays Rescue and you play Skeelz
28/28
0 Braxter - Titan English
Sunday 01/08/2010, 20:44

Theres absolutly nothing wrong with 0 pilling the first and/or second round, its a very effective tactic

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals