ELO changes, more information
Friday 30/07/2010, 10:58
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
600 messages
ELO changes, more information
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 30/07/2010, 10:58

Hello all,

It seems you needed some more explanations about new changes in ELO. We will do our best to explain those changes here.
We want to use the ELO bans not only to make this mode more balanced but also to make it funnier. Therefore we will ban several characters in addition to the ones which are already in the staff list.
The characters in this additional list won’t be in the staff banned characters list. Which means that it won’t be penalizing in Daily Tournaments.

We are making these changes in order to make the ELO mode funnier et not letting it strategically freeze. Therefore this list of characters may regularly change. We try hard not to make too big changes at a time so you can easily follow what’s happening.

One more thing :
A new system will be released during August to see how the ELO mode will improve. In September, according to the results we will decide on the definitive changes which will be necessary.

Here list of the characters which will be banned in ELO from next Monday (08/02):
(You’ll also find the ELO staff banned characters)

Staff banned (with DT penalties):
Zatman, Ratanah, Wee Lee, Jackie, Lyse Teria Cr, Vickie Cr, Kiki Cr, General Cr, DJ Korr Cr, Tanaereva, Guru Cr, GraksmxxT, Lamar Cr, Alec Cr, Marco, Kolos, Hawk

New list bans (no DT penalty):
Striker
Jessie
Marina
Rolph
Toro
Bristone
Leviatonn
Sylth
Rowdy
Spiaghi
Ghumbo
Dalhia
Smokey Cr
Hawkins
Yayoi
Charlie
Gwen
Wanda
Sledg
Shakra
Noodile
Uranus
Lehane
Caelus
Nanook
Dorian
All Leader

Have fun
« Previous12...5354555657585960Next »

521/600
PriMinizZztA - Legend - TrAitorzZz English
Monday 23/08/2010, 18:46

I completely agree with Mr Re Peat
522/600
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Monday 23/08/2010, 19:23

Re-Peat, if you want a couple of sure fire ways to negate the loss you'll make by buying/selling cards when you need them, PM me and I'll give you some pointers.
523/600
Dracata WMD - Titan English
Monday 23/08/2010, 21:06

I think the "weak" leaders should be in still.

Timber, Bridget, Vholt, Ashigaru

And possibly Ambre, Eyrik and if your in a humorous mood Vansaar.

Also I noticed a slight missing vote box in the election for Emeth and Askai. I personally don't use either currently but I like both and I think their the one thing of their clans that give them a decent chance against clans with big attack or power manipulation. Isn't it ok if they get their day in the sun for a while rather then crippling those clans too?
524/600
XCDreamweaver - Senior - E X C A L I B U R English
Monday 23/08/2010, 23:12

Imo elo is probably more enjoyable, clans are balanced against each other, Pussycats did takea huge hit though.
before everyone had to play pretty similar stuff,otherwise you get crushed. i remember when they use to ban the clans, and it whent like this GHEIST is out this week... Roots is out this week, and they kept alternating. then cards like Hawk and Lehane with a few others Zatman marco ratanna took center stage in elo, atleast theres more variety out there now, possibilities that never existed
525/600
chabone - Legend - TRiNiTY English
Tuesday 24/08/2010, 00:06

Why would you guys want the leaders back you cant bet the Allstars or Bangers With Eyrik or Hugo with the Montans.
I am glad the leaders are gone. The bottom line is this if you got skills you will win no matter what. Unless you use Vortex they are not elo ready yet.
526/600
Signomi - Titan - D-Versified English
Tuesday 24/08/2010, 05:29

How about trying to get in the top 50?

You'll be amazed by how powerful 25* can be!I just got Rowdy and Gil, and kicked major butt!
527/600
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Tuesday 24/08/2010, 05:34

No shadow you are the one who didnt read the post....

the posts went something like this...

Repeat said - buying rebuying weekly is inefficient

Me replying - ya its not an efficient tactic to employ in that context

you - disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing... and not sticking to the context that was evident in the previous posts

yes i understand being mistaken is hard and its easy to keep digging a bigger and bigger hole. im sure you will find a way to be "correct" in your mind. most of the the things you mention about smart ways to play the market dont fit in the specific context of the posts you are commenting on.

if there are ways to not lose money on the sell when its cheap and buy when its expensive... do enlighten the community on this, that kind of contribution would get a sticky for sure.

@repeat, there are easy ways to run affordable elo decks -- check the ELO forum. the bans are fairly predictable with a few exceptions....(Wanda is no surprise, Yayoi is no surprise) and yes i definitely agree that the best way to cope with the bans is to have a robust collection as you said --- this is a collectible card game mate -- ELO is supposedly the top level of the game --- the current ban system goes with this.

some people will not like it. some people will have more motivation to collect.

the long term playability of this game is far better served by creating formats that cater to people with different sized collections.

DTs/DM cater for basically everyone.... and one does not need that many clintz to build decks that can win DTs
T2 Survivor tend to favour the richer players since big cards are needed and big Crs are useful
ELO the way it is now is better suited for people with 5-6 clans completed in order to cope with bans... the more cards the easier

the common advice for new players has always been
1) play a DT for the 50 clintz and save clintz
2) improve the DT deck and start playing for the 50 clintz + 1 credit
3) improve the DT deck even more and start getting top 150 finishes
4) build ELO decks as you can afford them
5) play for the 2 credits a week as as you continue to build your collection/decks
6) throw in some survivor action in there to earn clintz when DTs are not on
7) continue to grow collection/decks

you have said you only wanted to play ELO... it will be tougher to raise clintz and grow your collection
at the end of the day, the most efficient way to raise clintz in this game is by playing DTs, using free creds to buy cards, and playing the market

there are tons and tons and tons of players out there with near complete collections that have not spent very much real money on this game --- so it is doable repeat. but sticking with only ELO will slow you down. good luck
528/600
Re-Peat - Guru - the courtyard of shadows English
Tuesday 24/08/2010, 08:31

"The common advice for new players has always been
1) play a DT for the 50 clintz and save clintz
2) improve the DT deck and start playing for the 50 clintz + 1 credit
3) improve the DT deck even more and start getting top 150 finishes
4) build ELO decks as you can afford them
5) play for the 2 credits a week as as you continue to build your collection/decks"

I've done this for months and months to build up a decent collection of top-talent ELO cards. But as I said the recent bans decimated my collection, and reduced those cards' value so much I can hardly see selling them off to buy lesser cards that are now overvalued.

I liked ELO because it was so much more balanced than T1. I hate seeing cards like Jackie and Lyse Teria when I play. But these new bans have gone way too far in that they (by admission) aren't about balance, but rather about shaking things up for the sake of shaking things up.

If you guys feel the need to have a shook up mode, why not add an ELO2 that's got heavier and more fluid restrictions, but keep the old mode so many of us love (loved?) so much?

I probably would not have gotten into this game if not for ELO. Now that you're killing it I'm not sure I want to play anymore. I guess I'll wait until the end of the month to see if you all come to your senses or if you're going to keep this ridiculousness up.

I'm still furious.
529/600
Signomi - Titan - D-Versified English
Tuesday 24/08/2010, 12:38

I have to agree with Repeat on this one.

I've gotta say, why can't there be two ELO rooms? The stricter one, and the more lax, only having Staff Bans? Seems fair to me. And more fair to new players who don't want to get annihilated. Also, Survivor rooms should change too. One type one, other ELO. I'm not making requests, mind you; I'm demanding.
530/600
Glint - Titan English
Tuesday 24/08/2010, 16:28

As someone who first saved up their meager clintz for Jackie (already long permabanned) I really don't understand the hate here. ELO is one part of the game, and it's a part of the game I've mostly ignored because the reward for having more than 1300 is the same (and less, Clintz-wise) as playing 10 DTs. Type 1 and 2 already exist for using your banned cards. If people wanted a Type 2 Ladder, that is something I could get behind. However, as far as I'm concerned nothing the staff has done warrants the kind of outrage displayed in this thread.

"I'm not making requests, mind you; I'm demanding."
Player number 4657761, Good luck with that...

« Previous12...5354555657585960Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals