ELO changes, more information
Friday 30/07/2010, 10:58
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
600 messages
ELO changes, more information
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 30/07/2010, 10:58

Hello all,

It seems you needed some more explanations about new changes in ELO. We will do our best to explain those changes here.
We want to use the ELO bans not only to make this mode more balanced but also to make it funnier. Therefore we will ban several characters in addition to the ones which are already in the staff list.
The characters in this additional list won’t be in the staff banned characters list. Which means that it won’t be penalizing in Daily Tournaments.

We are making these changes in order to make the ELO mode funnier et not letting it strategically freeze. Therefore this list of characters may regularly change. We try hard not to make too big changes at a time so you can easily follow what’s happening.

One more thing :
A new system will be released during August to see how the ELO mode will improve. In September, according to the results we will decide on the definitive changes which will be necessary.

Here list of the characters which will be banned in ELO from next Monday (08/02):
(You’ll also find the ELO staff banned characters)

Staff banned (with DT penalties):
Zatman, Ratanah, Wee Lee, Jackie, Lyse Teria Cr, Vickie Cr, Kiki Cr, General Cr, DJ Korr Cr, Tanaereva, Guru Cr, GraksmxxT, Lamar Cr, Alec Cr, Marco, Kolos, Hawk

New list bans (no DT penalty):
Striker
Jessie
Marina
Rolph
Toro
Bristone
Leviatonn
Sylth
Rowdy
Spiaghi
Ghumbo
Dalhia
Smokey Cr
Hawkins
Yayoi
Charlie
Gwen
Wanda
Sledg
Shakra
Noodile
Uranus
Lehane
Caelus
Nanook
Dorian
All Leader

Have fun
« Previous12...5354555657585960Next »

531/600
Re-Peat - Guru - the courtyard of shadows English
Tuesday 24/08/2010, 18:21

Of course you don't understand the outrage... you don't like to play ELO!!! If it was your favorite part of the game (as it is mine) then you'd probably be outraged too.
532/600
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Tuesday 24/08/2010, 19:27

You cant have 2 different ELO formats... since elo scores need to compare apples and apples.

@Re-Peat... you have enough cards to compete at a decent level every single week. the cards you currently own is more than enough to reach 1300 every single week. In fact i believe last week was you best ELO week ever.

people have different definitions of how much time is too much to invest into a game.... some people want it all within a few hundred games, some people want it all within a couple of thousand games, some people dont care how long it takes as long as they get it all eventually.

as ive said before, ELO is supposed to be the top format --- is making it a bit less accessible such a bad thing? The change has put off some people im sure, but the change has also renewed interest in ELO for many players.

read this Repeat http://www.urban-rivals.com/community/forum/?mode=viewsubject&forum_page=&id_subject=1549453&subject_page=0

you can compete with affordable decks that you will not have to tweak much on a week by week basis.
533/600
Re-Peat - Guru - the courtyard of shadows English
Tuesday 24/08/2010, 20:21

I'm not saying 2 ELO formats feeding into one ELO score, I'm saying have 2 different ladders entirely.

You don't understand... You say I have enough cards to compete at a "decent" level and that you can make an "affordable" deck to get around bans.

Guy, I'm not trying to scrape by. I'm trying to be as competitive as I can be. Can I buy a top-tier deck for 4-8k like your article is mentioning? Probably not.

And yes, I did my very best in ELO last week. The fact that this happened and that I'm still not embracing this terrible change should give you an idea of how much I hate it.

"as ive said before, ELO is supposed to be the top format --- is making it a bit less accessible such a bad thing?"

For people who slogged through T1 DTs that they didn't enjoy playing just so they could save up to buy top tier ELO cards that are now defunct and devalued, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
534/600
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Tuesday 24/08/2010, 21:25

Regardless of your efforts to belittle my point, waster, I can assure you that - from the very first comment - I was speaking entirely in the context of buying/re-buying on a weekly basis. You can choose not to believe that if you wish, but attempting to publicly demean me is a little strong. Especially for a moderator who's supposed to be setting an example.

You assume a great deal, and use a lot of aggressive tactics, when all it would take to ensure an understanding would be an honest question or two.

I'm not going to write a guide as I cannot commit the time to backing one up with post-support for people interested in it. I don't have as much time to commit to UR as I used to, which is probably a good thing.

Anyway, take it as you will.
535/600
AllKnowingGod - Senior - Vicious Salvo English
Tuesday 24/08/2010, 22:32

So is the list random and we dont vote anymore?
536/600
IM _Miterman - Senior
Wednesday 25/08/2010, 00:25

I'm confused!!!!! STOP
537/600
yk-lyss - Titan - Youth Kriminals English
Wednesday 25/08/2010, 01:30

Oh come on guys stop arguing and whining.
The bans are making the game more fair, and now we see a variety of decks rather then the same OP thing over and over again. Good job staff.
538/600
0 Braxter - Titan English
Wednesday 25/08/2010, 02:26

Yeah i agree with yk-lyss stop whining the game is more fair but the one thing the staff will never be able to fix is the variety beyond the 1300 elo Mark past there you will always see the same three or four clans used depending on the week like this week they are GHEIST, Ulu Watu, and Jungo and this will go on forever since depending on the bans there will always be 3-4 clans that are more useful in elo than the others and the only way to fix this is to unban every single card and create a little chaos in the game.. that is the only way you can make things completely fair.. but since the staff will probably never do that stop whining and just play according to the bans or just don't play in elo
539/600
Freak Mgoo - Imperator English
Wednesday 25/08/2010, 02:36

Hey. Change ELO back to the way it was.
540/600
Signomi - Titan - D-Versified English
Wednesday 25/08/2010, 02:46

This is fair.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is the stupidest thing I've heard on this site. This is fair? Hmm, let me think...

Let's see how many characters you've banned in percentages!

Credit to Mudiii

All Stars: 16% (5/32)
Bangers: 3% (1/33)
Fang Pi Clang: 0% (0/33)
Freaks: 0% (0/34)
GHEIST: 8% (3/34)
Jungo: 4% (1/2
Junkz: 6% (2/34)
La Junta: 3% (1/33)
Montana: 12% (4/33)
Nightmare: 6% (2/33)
Piranas: 3% (1/29)
Pussycats: 13% (4/31)
Rescue: 21% (6/29)
Roots: 16% (5/32)
Sakrohm: 13% (4/32)
Sentinel: 9% (3/33)
Skeelz: 4% (1/25)
Ulu Watu: 6% (2/34)
Uppers: 10% (3/31)
Vortex: 0% (0/12)

Rescue is 21%. Even if it's a OP clan, 21% is a lot for something like that. You ban Kerry but not Hax?

And to top it all off, you take almost every good card in Pussycats, Junkz, Roots, and GHEIST! Can I tell you how much my Piranas/Junkz deck is losing because of the simple fact that I don't have Rowdy or Gil. I know they're OP, but what cards will back them up?

Also, I must ask, and please answer this one: does one person, or more decided to do this ridiculous banning?

If you don't believe me, I'll explain in my next post.

« Previous12...5354555657585960Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals