ELO changes, more information
Friday 30/07/2010, 10:58
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
600 messages
ELO changes, more information
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 30/07/2010, 10:58

Hello all,

It seems you needed some more explanations about new changes in ELO. We will do our best to explain those changes here.
We want to use the ELO bans not only to make this mode more balanced but also to make it funnier. Therefore we will ban several characters in addition to the ones which are already in the staff list.
The characters in this additional list won’t be in the staff banned characters list. Which means that it won’t be penalizing in Daily Tournaments.

We are making these changes in order to make the ELO mode funnier et not letting it strategically freeze. Therefore this list of characters may regularly change. We try hard not to make too big changes at a time so you can easily follow what’s happening.

One more thing :
A new system will be released during August to see how the ELO mode will improve. In September, according to the results we will decide on the definitive changes which will be necessary.

Here list of the characters which will be banned in ELO from next Monday (08/02):
(You’ll also find the ELO staff banned characters)

Staff banned (with DT penalties):
Zatman, Ratanah, Wee Lee, Jackie, Lyse Teria Cr, Vickie Cr, Kiki Cr, General Cr, DJ Korr Cr, Tanaereva, Guru Cr, GraksmxxT, Lamar Cr, Alec Cr, Marco, Kolos, Hawk

New list bans (no DT penalty):
Striker
Jessie
Marina
Rolph
Toro
Bristone
Leviatonn
Sylth
Rowdy
Spiaghi
Ghumbo
Dalhia
Smokey Cr
Hawkins
Yayoi
Charlie
Gwen
Wanda
Sledg
Shakra
Noodile
Uranus
Lehane
Caelus
Nanook
Dorian
All Leader

Have fun
« Previous12...5354555657585960Next »

541/600
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Wednesday 25/08/2010, 03:01

This thread is for people to express themselves. The staff asked for opinions, and people are giving them. Asking them not to is entirely counter productive.

Just because /you/ enjoy the new Elo, doesn't mean it's better than the old. In fact, at least half of the people I speak to regarding it didn't even want a change.

And sure, we're seeing a lot of clans become popular who didn't used to be, but at the expense of the previous popular clans hardly being used. This new Elo format just doesn't seem to be producing enough progressive results to justify all the bans.
542/600
Signomi - Titan - D-Versified English
Wednesday 25/08/2010, 03:37

Quite frankly, why exactly did the new bans come?
543/600
0 Braxter - Titan English
Wednesday 25/08/2010, 05:04

@shadowcouncil - I never said i enjoy the new elo better than the old one im simply telling people to quit complaining and griping about a function of the site that is in transition and experimenting a little to make the game more fun and enjoyable for all

@Black Ace Cr - yeah we get it you want the cards back most of us do, in fact i would even like to see some of the staff banned cards thrown back in the mix for a week or two but the bottom line is that they're testing these bans out and odds are most of them won't stick so in one more week we'll probably all be back playing with the clans we played with before the bans
544/600
NeoAC - Legend - Time Conquers All English
Wednesday 25/08/2010, 05:35

@Black Ace: Junkz have quite a few decent cards outside of Rowdy and Gil. Half deck of Fuzz, Gibson, Tremorh and Veenyle is helping me tear up ELO.
545/600
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 25/08/2010, 06:27

Bans came because elo had stagnated.

people newer to the game are less likely to feel the need for change
people in the game longer are more likely to feel a need to change something

and one can be sure that in a year or two another change will happen and the community will have people opposed to the change and some will welcome it... just like real life. just because something is new doesnt mean its good... just because something is old doesnt mean its good.
546/600
yk-lyss - Titan English
Wednesday 25/08/2010, 06:58

Those percentages are completely BS. You are counting the already permabanned Alec and Marco, they have only added Sledg and Kerry. The rest are weekly banned cards. You obviously do not play Rescue if you think Hax is a card that rivals Kerry. Who's the stupidest on this site

The lot of you are acting like little children. I am expressing my option Those who do not like it just miss their old deck with their OP cards. It brings more balance to the mode and for a game mode that is supposed to be the most strategical format in the game was hardly strategic in the old mode. You would pick between the three most powerful clans that week, and throw in the best Leader that wasn't banned. This change maybe kills the mono of some clans which you are used to, but all clan /are/ playable.
547/600
Signomi - Titan - D-Versified English
Wednesday 25/08/2010, 09:04

Hax: 32 on courages turn, add a couple of pillz, and you get a card that can beat DJ Korr Cr.

I said that was the stupidest thing I've ever heard, yk-lyss. Excuse me for not being specific.

Anyway, I'm not saying Junkz is unplayable, I'm saying you're taking away two cards that made up the clan. Without Rowdy and there's no proper replacement, a lot less wins. But they're still played. The fact I have 1126 proves it, but even then I was struggling.

Anyway, I'm feeling the bans are helping noobs but seriously making veterans give up they're awesome cards. You know there's something wrong when you lose to a No Nam.

Finally, I hope you guys don't do this for much longer, because this is just horrible. I'm not kidding, this is the worse ELO week I've had.
548/600
Wednesday 25/08/2010, 10:39

Nah you cant compare Kerry to Hax.... Hax is a 5 star so he is tougher to squeeze in, but Kerry can get in there a lot easier, and 6 damage combos much better for 2 hit kills

ya Rowdy gone.. yes ofcourse there is no 4 star replacement... simple solution, take a 3 star instead... that means your other half deck can not get a fatter card in there. i comfortably got 1300 using Freaks/junks last week.

its perfectly ok to lose to inferior decks... it happens, its normal.... but bashing inferior decks is happens even more, and no one ever says "this sucks cause im facing too many weak decks out there an im getting easy wins"

veterans with mid-sized collections are probably affected the most by the bans. since they saved clintz for a while to buy and use cards like Striker marin and Toro. new players --- well competitive elo decks are now much cheaper so it helps them in the long run --- and expensive cards they cant afford are not out there crushing them too often. players with big collections are unaffected since they can make any deck they want to dance around the bannings.
549/600
-TCG-Rassele - Imperator - The Trend English
Wednesday 25/08/2010, 10:40

This week is actually interesting. I've already fought against ALL clans XD
550/600
Wednesday 25/08/2010, 10:48

BlackAce you are currently 22 wins 19 losses 1 draw in ELO this week. athough thats not great, i would hardly call that horrible. thats still a pace that can get you 1300 quite easily

« Previous12...5354555657585960Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals