ELO changes, more information
Friday 30/07/2010, 10:58
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
600 messages
ELO changes, more information
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 30/07/2010, 10:58

Hello all,

It seems you needed some more explanations about new changes in ELO. We will do our best to explain those changes here.
We want to use the ELO bans not only to make this mode more balanced but also to make it funnier. Therefore we will ban several characters in addition to the ones which are already in the staff list.
The characters in this additional list won’t be in the staff banned characters list. Which means that it won’t be penalizing in Daily Tournaments.

We are making these changes in order to make the ELO mode funnier et not letting it strategically freeze. Therefore this list of characters may regularly change. We try hard not to make too big changes at a time so you can easily follow what’s happening.

One more thing :
A new system will be released during August to see how the ELO mode will improve. In September, according to the results we will decide on the definitive changes which will be necessary.

Here list of the characters which will be banned in ELO from next Monday (08/02):
(You’ll also find the ELO staff banned characters)

Staff banned (with DT penalties):
Zatman, Ratanah, Wee Lee, Jackie, Lyse Teria Cr, Vickie Cr, Kiki Cr, General Cr, DJ Korr Cr, Tanaereva, Guru Cr, GraksmxxT, Lamar Cr, Alec Cr, Marco, Kolos, Hawk

New list bans (no DT penalty):
Striker
Jessie
Marina
Rolph
Toro
Bristone
Leviatonn
Sylth
Rowdy
Spiaghi
Ghumbo
Dalhia
Smokey Cr
Hawkins
Yayoi
Charlie
Gwen
Wanda
Sledg
Shakra
Noodile
Uranus
Lehane
Caelus
Nanook
Dorian
All Leader

Have fun
« Previous12...5354555657585960Next »

561/600
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Thursday 26/08/2010, 05:40

You have access to people's data for purposes of moderation, /not/ to share with the public on /your/ whim.

You can reason it all you like, but I'm pretty sure the admins would agree with me here.
562/600
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Thursday 26/08/2010, 06:06

Sorry shadow... publicly calling out a person offering a Guru Cr for trade who doesnt actually have it is, common practice.
Looking at peoples collection then offering deck advice when they ask for it in forums, also common practice
anyway this thread is for elo change discussion, keep on topic mate

has ELO created more variety, choices, and interest.. it seems that it is now slowing swinging towards the answer of "yes" (based purely on recent posts here and not people i communicated to in private)
563/600
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Thursday 26/08/2010, 07:18

There's a massive difference between sharing a players private data to further your own point and calling out a scammer, or glancing at someone's collection.

Win/loss ratios are private for a reason.

Anyway, back on topic...

Elo seems to be a lot more varied. Which is a good thing. However, the cost has been that certain clans have been de-powered to the point of almost being retired from the mode completely.

All Stars are done for. GHEIST are rarely seen. Rescue are continuously hit with harsh bans and, as such, have remained out of the game almost entirely.

I do appreciate what's trying to be done, but there /must/ be a more creative/intelligent way of providing the variety needed without having to hit certain clans so hard.

Or is it that certain clan bonuses (AS, for example) are just too powerful to balance? It's either a little too weak or far too powerful with them?
564/600
0 Braxter - Titan English
Thursday 26/08/2010, 07:39

@shadowcouncil - no offence but you're wrong, past the 1300 Mark you pretty much can't run into someone who's not using GHEIST or All star
and for the balancing of the game: by banning they'll never be able to balanace the game completely there will always be 3-4 clans that are more useful one week than the other clans, the only way for the game to be completely fair is for no card to be banned which the staff will probably never do
565/600
elchew_OC - Imperator - Open Casket English
Thursday 26/08/2010, 08:30

GHEIST rarely seen? what are you talking about? I am using GHEIST this week and the not so many matches i have played, i would say some would have been GHEIST
566/600
Z4KALW3 - Guru
Thursday 26/08/2010, 09:23

Is that true, both of you?

Admittedly I've not invested a great deal of time in Elo lately, but out of around 40 games I've seen GHEIST twice and an AS half one time.

I've been playing as many varied hands as I can (to try to temp as much variety as possible) too.

I've not made 1300e this week, are there really many AS cards up there?
567/600
Signomi - Titan - D-Versified English
Thursday 26/08/2010, 12:08

No GHEIST? Are you kidding? I've met like 5 in this week, all with XU52.

Yeah, Roots is awesome, but Jeena not banned raises some questions.

I understand the purpose of ELO, bringing out your best with a strict deck, but....how am I going to beat Ongh, XU52, Scubb, Cliff with my current deck? That's like saying: "Your fault for not buying good cards.". The hell, this is my worst week ever because I have sucky cards, and my opponents are Skeelz, Rescue, Nightmare especially, so how THE HELL AM I GOING TO WIN?
568/600
DrTravelerLoA - Master - Legends of America English
Thursday 26/08/2010, 16:22

Shadowcouncil:

I've not seen GHEIST or All Stars either. I admit, with University starting this week I'm not playing that much, and I'm still floating in the 1050-1150 range from day to day, but I recently switched into Sentinel thanks to the lack of SoA I'm seeing. Why not?
569/600
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Thursday 26/08/2010, 20:20

Stats of clan useage for the past month would be awesome admin team
570/600
0 Braxter - Titan English
Thursday 26/08/2010, 20:35

@Shadowcouncil - yes this is true because it seems the upper tier meta game all revovles around what Manfred is using in elo each week and last time i faced him he was using a GHEIST/Junkz deck and to counter that people are using power manipulation clans but mostly All Star and Ulu Watu

« Previous12...5354555657585960Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals