ELO changes, more information
Friday 30/07/2010, 10:58
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
600 messages
ELO changes, more information
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 30/07/2010, 10:58

Hello all,

It seems you needed some more explanations about new changes in ELO. We will do our best to explain those changes here.
We want to use the ELO bans not only to make this mode more balanced but also to make it funnier. Therefore we will ban several characters in addition to the ones which are already in the staff list.
The characters in this additional list won’t be in the staff banned characters list. Which means that it won’t be penalizing in Daily Tournaments.

We are making these changes in order to make the ELO mode funnier et not letting it strategically freeze. Therefore this list of characters may regularly change. We try hard not to make too big changes at a time so you can easily follow what’s happening.

One more thing :
A new system will be released during August to see how the ELO mode will improve. In September, according to the results we will decide on the definitive changes which will be necessary.

Here list of the characters which will be banned in ELO from next Monday (08/02):
(You’ll also find the ELO staff banned characters)

Staff banned (with DT penalties):
Zatman, Ratanah, Wee Lee, Jackie, Lyse Teria Cr, Vickie Cr, Kiki Cr, General Cr, DJ Korr Cr, Tanaereva, Guru Cr, GraksmxxT, Lamar Cr, Alec Cr, Marco, Kolos, Hawk

New list bans (no DT penalty):
Striker
Jessie
Marina
Rolph
Toro
Bristone
Leviatonn
Sylth
Rowdy
Spiaghi
Ghumbo
Dalhia
Smokey Cr
Hawkins
Yayoi
Charlie
Gwen
Wanda
Sledg
Shakra
Noodile
Uranus
Lehane
Caelus
Nanook
Dorian
All Leader

Have fun
« Previous12...5354555657585960Next »

571/600
BILLY MAYS_HD - Guru - Heaven's Drift English
Friday 27/08/2010, 19:51

I think there should be a max limit of 2 cards banned from each clan. its impossible to play when you have 3 maybe even 4 of the clans best cards banned
572/600
Tuttobuno - 7 - Imperator - D-Versified English
Saturday 28/08/2010, 12:21

But.. stilll ppl can reach 1500.. if they can why u can't
573/600
0 Braxter - Titan English
Saturday 28/08/2010, 21:23

Yeah pendragonUR is completely right in fact just today someone broke the elo score record with over 1622 so it looks like these bans arent really making anyone get thrown off their game
574/600
The boss28 - Imperator - Punk_Asociation English
Saturday 28/08/2010, 21:59

Gil Rowdy Caelus Smokey Cr i cant play elo,all good cards is banned this new rules is bad
575/600
Signomi - Titan - D-Versified English
Saturday 28/08/2010, 23:56

No guys, they're taking advantage of the situation. I would too, if there was no Rowdy/Gil/Smokey Cr/Rolph/Toro/Sledg brining me back down. But whatever, I'm selling my collection to get the clan I actually like.

Anyway, I'll be taking a break from ELO, so see ya!

P.S. I agree, only ban 2 cards from a clan, though perma's don't count.
576/600
Mr Intelijent - Guru - D-Versified English
Sunday 29/08/2010, 01:09

Just go back to old!
577/600
All-GioYNWA - Novice Português
Sunday 29/08/2010, 03:43

I have been finding lots of Ulu Watu, GHEIST, Uppers, Freaks, Skeelz, Bangers, and Montana

There is obviously more variety, even more than I expected because the bans force people to go for the dual clan deck instead of mono. I do believe could be the time to strenghen Rescue a bit by taking Sledg out of the ban list (with his support being banned by everyone 3 weeks in a row, I guess he wouldn't exactly make Rescue almighty once again, even more because SoB clans are rare nowadays people would probably choose Cliff over him anyway).

Piranas and All Stars do happen in half decks too, but not as much. Nightmare does see some half decks too, but even less than the others.

All in all, it did get a bit more balanced, and I guess you guys saw what happened when Oshitsune was released maybe perma-banning him wouldn't be so bad after all haha (stronger than Ghumbo IMHO, since he is a 4 stars)
578/600
kazjun - Titan - aussie crusaders English
Sunday 29/08/2010, 10:23

Well, I don't know about balanced. It did bring the general level down, so cards that were sub-standard are now usable. Whether that's a good thing or not depends on the person I guess.
579/600
xxx SKAAR xxx - Titan English
Sunday 29/08/2010, 15:13

This may have been covered already but with over 50 pages of posts, i didn't really want to go through them all. I noticed yesterday after updating my iphone to the latest version of UR that during a match in ELO it would come to a point in the game where it was pretty level but I had pillz to use on my remaining turn where my opponent did not. This was going to guarantee me the win but my opponent realizing this simply surrendeedr or quit whatever it's called and the game would end a draw. The first time i saw this I didn't realize what had happened and assumed that I was confused about what had just transpired but it happened again more than once, I would be in a situation where a win was certain, my opponent would quickly throw in the towel and snag a draw out of certain defeat. I don't get it.
580/600
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Sunday 29/08/2010, 20:32

@SKAAR.... quitting in ELO is normal for the format. For people who play hundreds of games of ELO a week, quitting is the most efficient use of time.

the changes have changed the look of elo decks, but i doubt the results of who does well or who doesnt do well has been affected.

I've actually been consistently running the same ELO deck for the past ELO weeks. Prior to the ban, Rescue was the quickest path to 1300 i found. Since the change, this one deck ive used primarily has been untouched by bans and cruises to 1300 quite easily (in 30 games or so)

« Previous12...5354555657585960Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals