offline Ardiyna Master  
Saturday 31/07/2010, 18:01

There going to be some serious changes too elo as showned here http://www.urban-rivals.com/community/forum/?mode=viewsubject&forum_page=0&id_subject=1524773

how would this effect your strategy i want to see your opinions below

well my opinion is i don't care it dint affect me anyways i can easily make a strong skeelz/montanas and get 1300 with ease just look at this redra , chiara , tomas and liam 12 stars skeelz half deck with mona , ottavia , edd and sharon 13 stars you cant tell me that deck is weak alot of people are getting pissed there just over reacting that will just force them too stop using mono and think of half deck options Fpc and Freaks still wont be usible i tried both of them it was nearly impossible to get too 1200 elo i kept pushing with no luck even mono skeelz can get that high with ease and they dont even have a bonus freaks are pretty solid thay just need a better 2 and 3 stars.

so my theory is montanas , bangers , nightmare and skeelz and la junta will dominate with there clans at there lowest the reign of gheist and roots domination is over so players instead whining start building decks around the meta or play deathmatch Type 1 and dialy tournaments instead besides there more rewarding.

-PsychoGear-

offline forgenjuro Guru Shoryuken
Tuesday 03/08/2010, 05:40

Why Emeth isnt banned is the biggest travesty

easily junta's best card.

clan's like nightmare got their two best cards banned (oshitune, ghumbo)

no matter how much people say the other clan's are still viable, junta and rescue got off the hook more than anyone else

offline - Gino - Senior  
Tuesday 03/08/2010, 08:05

I've been running mono la junta. Its way too good imo w/ the lack of SOA/SOB. So I have been taking advantage of that smiley

also yes emeth should be banned because I usually i pill 2-3 w/ it and if I win then 8 damage. If I lose then opponent over pills and I push hard.

offline DrTravelerLoA Master Legends of America
Tuesday 03/08/2010, 21:58

I haven't ran into much of the stuff folks have complained about. I've seen some La Junta, some Rescue, but nothing excessive. Even some Vortex, but again nothing excessive.

What's really surprising to me is the amount of Jungo I've seen, and how well they appear to be doing. Last night I was test out out All Stars and Piranas (more later) and every time I ran into Jungo I had to really buckle down and pay attention. Each victory was very hard fought.

Piranas looks very viable right now. I'm using Selma, Scubb, Sting, Ulrich, Tyd, Spycee, Tula, and Hawkins Noel and doing quite well. I've looked at other builds, but right now this is the one that makes me the happiest.

All Stars seem to be quite stable right now too. They're probably not a deck that will take you out to 1350 or 1400, but if you're like me and your goal is those 5 credits at 1200, they should carry you there.

Tonight I'm planning on using Roots and Sentinels if I have time. I expect Roots will do very well in the meta game. Sentinels I'm not so sure about.

offline Ardiyna Master  
Tuesday 03/08/2010, 23:32

Drtraveler i seen alot of jungo too jungo was over crowding elo and there prices has drop slightly as well due to the high demand and supply thats a good thing i barely seen montana for some reason im confused there usually common back then.

offline Z4KALW3 Hero  
Tuesday 03/08/2010, 23:55

"Piranas looks very viable right now. I'm using Selma, Scubb, Sting, Ulrich, Tyd, Spycee, Tula, and Hawkins Noel and doing quite well. I've looked at other builds, but right now this is the one that makes me the happiest."

Meh. Spycee is HORRID. All he can possibly do is turn off an ability, but let the damage through. His 5* is too weak to wall, and even if you overpill and win he only hits for 2.

Honestly, you should try this:

Selma, Scubb, Tyd, Andsom, Ulrich, Taljion, Tula, Hawkins Noel.

-

However, if it works for you it works for you...

Wednesday 04/08/2010, 04:34

Spycee has worked out for me. Folks underestimate him. I've pushed through 4 damage at the end of rounds because people are sure I won't use him that way.

I actually tried your build and couldn't get it to work for me. I am willing to admit that's probably more user error than problems with the build. I can't seem to transition from the build with Smokey to this one.

Piranas seem to be a faction where it is important to find a build that works for you, rather than just try other peoples builds.

I tried Sentinel tonight. Didn't work for me. I ran Owen, Coby Dayton John Melvin Skinner Toby and Aurelia. It was a disaster.

On the other hand I ran Roots with Lou Ojibway Yookie Rico Gertjan Armand Miken Moose and Jeto. Worked very well.

Saw Rescue, Montana, a surprising number of Junkz, other Roots and some Sarkhom. I saw maybe one Nightmare and no GHEIST. Interesting night.

offline KitsuneKatsumi Imperator XiongDang
Wednesday 04/08/2010, 05:24

I'm not surprised Jungo is doing well. Their numbers are rock solid as are their Support characters. One of the most solid mono clans. They aren't just a one trick gimmick with Slyth. You can't go wrong with high power/ high life gap.

As for Piranas builds I think Hawkins Noel is pretty horrid. I wasn't a huge fan of OG Hawkins and Noel is completely inferior. I'm not sure who is the 7th or 8th man on the boat right now for them. Aktara or Deadeye are both starting to look like good men at this point - probably Deadeye is builds that have Sting so you don't get hands with 2 courage guys. So I'd forgo a 5* in Piranas and run 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2. I don't think they need a 5* but then both Selma and Bloodh are decent men.

Wednesday 04/08/2010, 05:55

Roots seems to be the new GHEIST. I think I'm going back to my first love, Roots/ Piranas 1/2 deck. Selma/ Sting/ Tyd/ Tula, Yookie/ Jeena/ Rico/ Arno. I mean, yeah, I hate Rico but if Noodile isn't available then he's the next best thing. Ratanah should totally come back...

Wednesday 04/08/2010, 06:12

Theoretically Skeelz should shine now. Since SOA/ SOB clans got taken down a notch, they should now be able to do what they were designed to do - beat SOA/ SOB clans.

Wednesday 04/08/2010, 14:17

I'm planning to give Skeelz a go tonight if the metagame looks favorable.

Answer to this subject

Clint City, day.