Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Is there a way we could introduce a tourney with structure?

Monday 18/10/2010, 20:33
ShazamFTW - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
19 messages
ShazamFTW - Titan - Time To Hymn YouEnglish - Monday 18/10/2010, 20:33

So, right now, if I wanted to play in a tournament....

A)I play in the regular fights room every other, and play as many matches as possible. If my opponent plays slow, oh well.

B)I play in a Deathmatch, where if I can't auto-match an opponent in time or my opponent plays slow, oh well. (And there are several times I've been at the start of a Deathmatch, gone 5-0, and lost because somebody else went 5-2... I fail to see why we are rewarding them for playing worse and faster)

What I would REALLY like to see is some sort of 8 or 16 person single elim tourney (or double elim swiss, whatever makes you happy. Heck, do all of them, I'm not picky) that just runs when it fills. It wouldn't punish me for playing the guy that forgot where the action button was. If there would be methodology for introducing this, I would be way more interested long term in this game.
« Previous12Next »

11/19
riley957_WMD - Titan English
Saturday 23/10/2010, 06:08

That is an awesome idea and personally i would love to play in that room more than anything but i can see problems/glitches happening.

anyway what would the prizes be??
12/19
CatzPaw - Guru English
Sunday 24/10/2010, 05:09

ShazamFTW I know i'm considered fairly "fresh blood" around here but Honestly I agree with you,
Although I would almost consider making the room size a bit bigger that 16 seats or something,
make a few changes in comparison to deathmatch, but I believe that you're absolutely correct.
I think if they made an Hour long event. something that doesn't penalize the player or reward the player for the amount of matches played in the time frame... each set of players must complete each set/match in the time frame or well the player with the highest HP wins..
That would be so amazingly great i'll be in the first seats!!!
13/19
The_HoAx - Hero English
Tuesday 26/10/2010, 04:23

I wouldn't mind playing in that room.
14/19
waterseeker - Imperator English
Tuesday 26/10/2010, 08:56

Great idea. I hope it gets used.
15/19
Slewor - Imperator - THE EXPLOSIVE ELITE English
Tuesday 26/10/2010, 13:27

This sounds like a really good idea but what would the problem be with players quitting mid way, surely it could just be treated as a win on their next opponents part?
16/19
Zanelth - Imperator English
Tuesday 26/10/2010, 20:54

I suggested a "speed" mode on another thread. Maybe that would help the slow play.
17/19
ShazamFTW - Titan - Time To Hymn You English
Tuesday 26/10/2010, 23:42

Yeah, if a player quits, they get penalized to the equivilant of the match they would lose (or matches if you're running it swiss or double elim), and the person they are paired with gets a free win. Simple as that.

It wouldn't really go against the grain of anything else on here, it would just be game based, not speed based.

When you read strategies in T1 DT's about "Play a 20* deck, if you lose, no big deal!", that's dumb to consider a winning tactic. I just want to see a format that is solely based on winning games, and not a bunch of hoopla around it.
18/19
Vinyl-Scratch - Titan - D-Versified English
Tuesday 26/10/2010, 23:49

Great idea
19/19
C0L0SSAL - Novice English
Wednesday 27/10/2010, 00:31

I attempted running events that do EXACTY this. Unfortuantely (despite popular belief) I'm not a robot that can automatically do an event every hour of every day. So your idea would be EXCELLENT for a new game type, one that I'd probably spend most of my time in (other than ELO).

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals