Stop opp Bonus VS Stop opp Ability and all the like, EXPLAINED

Tuesday 09/10/2007, 20:12
NachomusPrime - Master English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
106 messages
NachomusPrime - Master English - Tuesday 09/10/2007, 20:12

This is a thread to answer everyones questions about what happens with stop opp ability and stop opp bonus in the same round. Mods if you find that this guild is clear and helpful, please sticky. I was once a new player who asked this very question and i think having a stickied guide will be helpful.

For the following examples, assume that:
1. the room you are playing in is non-random
2. that neither person has played any pills
3. that all bonuses apply and are active

Take a look at the following round.

Otakool VS Flo

Otakool
power 6
dmg 4
(ability) stop opp ability
(bonus) +8 to attack power

Flo
power 5
dmg 2
(ability) stop opp bonus
(bonus) -2 opp power

Who stops what? Does Otakools bonus get stopped?

The best way (and easiest i've been told, i forget from who) is this! Put all the abilities in a chain of what affects what. Use paper and a pen if you have to. The beginning of the chain is always the stop opp ability or stop opp bonus that has nothing affecting it. This is what the following round looks like in a chain.

(Otakools ability) Stop opp ability ----- (Flos ability) Stop opp bonus ----- (Otakools bonus) +8 attack power

Since nothing has stopped Otakools ability or affected it at all, Otakools ability follows thru and stops Flos ability. Otakool keeps the +8 attack power and wins the round.

Mods i would like to post 2 more slightly different examples but i have reached my character limit. I will wait till this thread gets approved
« Previous12345678910...1011Next »

11/106
Force Majeure - Moderator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 10/10/2007, 15:24

Having two or more leaders at the same time by the same player activates their bonus "cancel Leader". That is the only time that a leader's added effect is canceled..It is never canceled by "Stop opponent Ability" or "Stop opponent Bonus".
12/106
FLASH34CK - Hero English
Thursday 11/10/2007, 03:55

I don't remember if i encounter a situation like this so it made me think about it, but thanks for the answers.
13/106
chainedaemon - Imperator - Blowing Mindz Training English
Friday 12/10/2007, 14:46

What about Rubie vs Lamar how would that Pan out.

Rubie with 2pills
p5
d6
Ability: stop opp ability
bonus -10 opp atk min 3

Lamar with 1 pill
p6
d8
abiliy: stop opp bonus
bonus: -2 opp power min 1
14/106
Darko EVO - Guru Português
Friday 12/10/2007, 15:13

Rubie will stop Lamar from cutting her bonus. So Lamar will got -10 to his final attack and Rubie power will became 3
15/106
ibtd - Titan - Die Frettchen English
Friday 12/10/2007, 21:47

Rubie (2 pillz) against Lamar (1 pill), both with active bonus, would end like this:

Rubie
Ability: ON Bonus: ON
Power: 3 Damage: 6
Attack: 9

Lamar
Ability: OFF Bonus: ON
Power: 6 Damage: 8
Attack: 3

So, random or not, Rubie definately wins this with the number of pillz specified. Rubie could even use 1 less pill to asure a victory over Lamar in this case. And without any pillz Rubie would still have a 50:50 chance in random and non-random rooms.

All because, like Darko explained already, Lamar is unable to stop Rubies bonus because of Rubies ability and therefor suffers the full -10 attack, min 3 penalty.
16/106
worldpad - Senior English
Sunday 28/10/2007, 21:29

How does it work when you have abilities/bonuses that subtract/add attack: such as
Zatman
Ability: -4 opp. power, min 1
Bonus: -10 opp. power, min 3

vs

Kawan
No ablility
Bonus: attack +8

if there are a lot of pills on Kawan, this would not matter much, but what if there is only the one pill. Would his attack be added to make 14, then the -10 bonus to 4, then the minus 4 ability to 1, -or- would it be + 8 to 14, -4 to 10, and then -10 to 3? Another possibility would be that Zatman's ability and bonus is added first, and then Kawan's bonus pushes him up to either 9 or 11, depending on whether the ability or bonus is activated first. This is really confusing for me.
17/106
WMD Raven - Hero - Wise Men Distracted English
Saturday 10/11/2007, 13:06

First of all zatman's ability and bonus refer to attack not power

this situation is pretty clear, in this case there isn't an order in which the abilities and bonuses are taken into account, they all happen simultaneously, there isn't a "stack" like in MTG... you just have to check what ability or bonus is active.

in this case all the bonuses and abilities are active so you just do the math... Kawan has 6+8=14 but it also gets -10 and -4, so when a bonus reduces to min 3, for example, and the ability to min 1 is taken into account the lower one, otherwise it wouldn't be so great.

so in a hypothetical case with a card with bonus reducing to min 3 and the ablity reducing to min 4, let's say, the attack is reduced to min 3, they happen simultaneously and the lower limit is taken into account,

so Kawan will be at attack 1 and Zatman at attack 8
18/106
0-RACSO-BZ - Titan - BrainZtorm English
Monday 12/11/2007, 07:34

I just woke from a long slumber
and i was kinda surprised by a player using alec of the Rescue clan
could you please help me with the new ability and bonus, SUPPORT:

thanks
19/106
WMD Raven - Hero - Wise Men Distracted English
Wednesday 14/11/2007, 21:15

Support: Damage +X
CHARACTER's damage points are increased by X points for each character belonging to CHARACTER's clan and who is also part of his team. Remember that CHARACTER is also taken into account.

Support: Power +X
CHARACTER's power is increased by X point(s) for each character belonging to CHARACTER's clan and who is also part of his team. Remember that CHARACTER is also taken into account.

and the same for attack
20/106
LOA_PuppyChow - Guru - Legends of America English
Thursday 15/11/2007, 08:56

I was Afraid at first it was like a Leader ability which only affected the Rescue Clan.
After a single battle i found out how it actually works though.
It almost seemed less powerful, when it was adding power/damage to all of the other characters in the clan...

« Previous12345678910...1011Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals