Stop opp Bonus VS Stop opp Ability and all the like, EXPLAINED

Tuesday 09/10/2007, 20:12
NachomusPrime - Master English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
106 messages
NachomusPrime - Master English - Tuesday 09/10/2007, 20:12

This is a thread to answer everyones questions about what happens with stop opp ability and stop opp bonus in the same round. Mods if you find that this guild is clear and helpful, please sticky. I was once a new player who asked this very question and i think having a stickied guide will be helpful.

For the following examples, assume that:
1. the room you are playing in is non-random
2. that neither person has played any pills
3. that all bonuses apply and are active

Take a look at the following round.

Otakool VS Flo

Otakool
power 6
dmg 4
(ability) stop opp ability
(bonus) +8 to attack power

Flo
power 5
dmg 2
(ability) stop opp bonus
(bonus) -2 opp power

Who stops what? Does Otakools bonus get stopped?

The best way (and easiest i've been told, i forget from who) is this! Put all the abilities in a chain of what affects what. Use paper and a pen if you have to. The beginning of the chain is always the stop opp ability or stop opp bonus that has nothing affecting it. This is what the following round looks like in a chain.

(Otakools ability) Stop opp ability ----- (Flos ability) Stop opp bonus ----- (Otakools bonus) +8 attack power

Since nothing has stopped Otakools ability or affected it at all, Otakools ability follows thru and stops Flos ability. Otakool keeps the +8 attack power and wins the round.

Mods i would like to post 2 more slightly different examples but i have reached my character limit. I will wait till this thread gets approved
« Previous12345678910...1011Next »

21/106
IceNFiyah - Hero English
Wednesday 19/12/2007, 08:39

Ok, I got a Leader/stop bonus related question that I was just wondering in a recent fight. Their bonus is "Cancel Leader". So, if a card that says, "Stop bonus" is played against a canceled Leader, would that uncancel them for that fight and he would get the bonus?
22/106
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Wednesday 19/12/2007, 09:03

No, it would not. Leaders are a special rule as even twice the same Leader activates their "bonus" (which is actually more a malus).

Two (three) rules for this:
1) Leader ability can never be cancelled
2a) Leader bonus, if activated, can never be cancelled
2b) Leader bonus is activated as soon as there are any two - different or identical - leaders in one hand, therefore 2 leaders = no Leader effect.

This is mainly due to Leaders working "behind the scenes". Their bonus/ability is always affecting all cards, not only when played. You may look at it like this: a Stop Bonus against aleader stops his bonus... but not the inactive leader's bonus which then still stops the ability of the Leader just played. [This is, admitted, complex around-3-corners thinking. It arrives at the correct conclusions though: There is still at least one Leader whose bonus cancels all other leaders' abilities]
23/106
cheese_14 - Imperator English
Saturday 16/02/2008, 12:17

What u say isnt true for Ambre though DerMagus, because when i play her only 2 of my cards get the courage power +3
24/106
ibtd - Titan - Die Frettchen English
Saturday 16/02/2008, 15:29

Actually, he is right, all of your cards get the Courage: Power +3 bonus at all times (if there is no second Leader in your hand). It just has no effect when you have to play second in a turn because... errr... it's a courage ability.
25/106
RANDOM123256 - Senior - The Twisted Shadows English
Wednesday 12/03/2008, 23:10

What happens when u use the same cards
26/106
Hamstre - Senior English
Thursday 24/04/2008, 03:37

They should have a Leader thats. has an ability. Stop Leader Bonus
27/106
UP_LilKiller - Veteran - The Unseen Prodigies English
Saturday 21/06/2008, 15:06

That would be cool if you could stop a leaders bonus cause then they'd get thier abilitys back
28/106
batty1 - Titan - Open Casket English
Thursday 26/06/2008, 01:37

What about if someone plays a card with stop opponent bonus as an ability(dont really have an example) played against Nightmare. like say there was a Montana with sob played against a Nightmare whose bonus is sob would the Montana keep its -12 attack bonus.
29/106
0-Jade - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 26/06/2008, 09:07

Yes the Montana would keep his bonus unless the Nightmare card also has Stop Opponent Ability
30/106
pokolul - Senior English
Thursday 26/06/2008, 09:18

Edd is an example

you got him and play it and if opp play Glorg or Dieter Montana bonus is cancelled
but if not Montana bonus is on

« Previous12345678910...1011Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals