Stop opp Bonus VS Stop opp Ability and all the like, EXPLAINED

Tuesday 09/10/2007, 20:12
NachomusPrime - Master English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
106 messages
NachomusPrime - Master English - Tuesday 09/10/2007, 20:12

This is a thread to answer everyones questions about what happens with stop opp ability and stop opp bonus in the same round. Mods if you find that this guild is clear and helpful, please sticky. I was once a new player who asked this very question and i think having a stickied guide will be helpful.

For the following examples, assume that:
1. the room you are playing in is non-random
2. that neither person has played any pills
3. that all bonuses apply and are active

Take a look at the following round.

Otakool VS Flo

Otakool
power 6
dmg 4
(ability) stop opp ability
(bonus) +8 to attack power

Flo
power 5
dmg 2
(ability) stop opp bonus
(bonus) -2 opp power

Who stops what? Does Otakools bonus get stopped?

The best way (and easiest i've been told, i forget from who) is this! Put all the abilities in a chain of what affects what. Use paper and a pen if you have to. The beginning of the chain is always the stop opp ability or stop opp bonus that has nothing affecting it. This is what the following round looks like in a chain.

(Otakools ability) Stop opp ability ----- (Flos ability) Stop opp bonus ----- (Otakools bonus) +8 attack power

Since nothing has stopped Otakools ability or affected it at all, Otakools ability follows thru and stops Flos ability. Otakool keeps the +8 attack power and wins the round.

Mods i would like to post 2 more slightly different examples but i have reached my character limit. I will wait till this thread gets approved
« Previous12345678910...1011Next »

31/106
EmAndroX - Senior English
Tuesday 29/07/2008, 15:41

I'm interested in how good is a deck of a GHEIST(SOA)/Piranas(SOB) construction?
32/106
HavoCreateMOB - Imperator English
Friday 08/08/2008, 04:21

Lol i just got the Otakool against Flo matchup
33/106
Blurred - Titan English
Thursday 11/09/2008, 05:21

There's just one part I'm not getting and sorry if I missed it somewhere in all the posts.

But how do you know which character card goes 1st in the chain. Is the attacking character's SOA or SOB counted first?
34/106
Force Majeure - Moderator - Open Casket English
Thursday 11/09/2008, 05:36

@ Blurred, whatever SOA or SOB (whether it be ability or bonus) that doesn't get canceled by another SOA or SOB will be the one to push through..

let's say I have SOB as an ability and my opponent has SOB as a bonus..my card cancels the other player's SOB..that's it..
35/106
ChaosLegend - Veteran English
Monday 29/09/2008, 02:32

GHIEST/Piranas is a good combo but I dont see it around much.
36/106
guolin - Master - Urban Allies English
Saturday 04/10/2008, 22:50

@0AET

If two Leviatonns pit against each other, both their abilities and bonuses "are not cancelled". without a Leviatonn you can try this when you pit a Nightmare vs. a Nightmare or another clan SOBber like Piranas.
37/106
vickboy_AOD - Novice English
Sunday 05/10/2008, 01:40

If you have 2 leviatonns they cancel eachother out
38/106
guolin - Master - Urban Allies English
Sunday 05/10/2008, 02:01

Nah. Try it with a SOB bouns against another one. You'll see.
39/106
Elusiveflare - Hero English
Thursday 09/10/2008, 21:11

I'm Kinda confused
just play and opponent used Miken Moose Ability: Attack + 8 Bonus: SOA
i had Kati Ability: SOA Bonus : damage + 2
and Miken kept his attack +8
i thought Ability happened first them bonus
40/106
SiNoCiDe - Imperator English
Monday 13/10/2008, 07:47

No Elusive whatever has nothing affecting it goes first be it SOA / SOB. Miken Moose has nothing affecting his Bonus:SOA but Kati's Ability:SOA is affected by Mikens Bonus. Therefor Mikens Bonus:SOA starts the chain, cancelling Kati's ability thus keeping his Attack +8

« Previous12345678910...1011Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals