Stop opp Bonus VS Stop opp Ability and all the like, EXPLAINED

Tuesday 09/10/2007, 20:12
NachomusPrime - Master English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
106 messages
NachomusPrime - Master English - Tuesday 09/10/2007, 20:12

This is a thread to answer everyones questions about what happens with stop opp ability and stop opp bonus in the same round. Mods if you find that this guild is clear and helpful, please sticky. I was once a new player who asked this very question and i think having a stickied guide will be helpful.

For the following examples, assume that:
1. the room you are playing in is non-random
2. that neither person has played any pills
3. that all bonuses apply and are active

Take a look at the following round.

Otakool VS Flo

Otakool
power 6
dmg 4
(ability) stop opp ability
(bonus) +8 to attack power

Flo
power 5
dmg 2
(ability) stop opp bonus
(bonus) -2 opp power

Who stops what? Does Otakools bonus get stopped?

The best way (and easiest i've been told, i forget from who) is this! Put all the abilities in a chain of what affects what. Use paper and a pen if you have to. The beginning of the chain is always the stop opp ability or stop opp bonus that has nothing affecting it. This is what the following round looks like in a chain.

(Otakools ability) Stop opp ability ----- (Flos ability) Stop opp bonus ----- (Otakools bonus) +8 attack power

Since nothing has stopped Otakools ability or affected it at all, Otakools ability follows thru and stops Flos ability. Otakool keeps the +8 attack power and wins the round.

Mods i would like to post 2 more slightly different examples but i have reached my character limit. I will wait till this thread gets approved
« Previous12345678910...1011Next »

51/106
_Beast - Novice English
Tuesday 24/02/2009, 04:17

Courage, meaning they have to go first...Only one Courage: Ability worked, and that was on the card that went first, and i'm guessing it would be Kerry, considering she won.
And they are pillz, not stars, by the way
52/106
ELM_Yiannis - Imperator - Ellas to Megaleio sou ελληνικά
Tuesday 24/02/2009, 23:46

Kerry played first it means that cancells the bonus of Edd
Edd could not use his ability (courage is on his turn)
so we had
Kerry 6 power X 6 pillz = 36 attack + 12 attack (the bonus of monorescue) = 48 attack total
Edd 7 power X 6 pollz = 42 attack

Kerry vs Edd = 48 vs 42 so Kerry wins
53/106
UM Buccha - Guru English
Tuesday 10/03/2009, 17:06

What about a SOB ability VS a SOA bonus?
54/106
AiR-GeaR-Ikki - Titan English
Friday 13/03/2009, 03:39

They cancel eachother out.
55/106
sinfulone - Hero English
Tuesday 07/04/2009, 07:19

Eh, just cheking, leaders abilaties can not be blocked, but can the bonus be blocked? it would not make sence that they would, but i am just thinking, and chekin, but bout it, i think that it will not be blocked.
56/106
Dignam - Veteran - Section VIII English
Tuesday 14/04/2009, 21:48

What about pow=opppower as ability and -2power as bonus, would your card get the opponents power and then the opponent gets their power dropped 2? or does theirs gets dropped 2 and then you get that lowered value?
57/106
FAST IS FUN - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 14/04/2009, 21:56

Power = pow. opponent clones the value on the opposing card, and it replaces the original/listed power value BEFORE any modifiers from bonuses or abilities.

Example A: Warren vs. Beetneka. Warren clones 7 power, then gets the Ulul Watu bonus, ending at 9 power.
Example B: Randy vs. Mona. Randy clones Mona's 6 pow, and then her -2 opp. pow. kicks in. Randy ends up at 4 power.
58/106
-Brook-O_C - Titan English
Tuesday 14/04/2009, 21:57

@Dignam: If you play a power=power opp. card from All Stars (Randy) Then the card will first gain the power of the card, then the bonus will be activated, and the opp. power will be reduced by 2, unless the other cards has any power ability/bonus.
59/106
Dignam - Veteran - Section VIII English
Wednesday 15/04/2009, 00:41

To clarify 1 more example if:

Randy were fighting Bennie (both max level)

Randy would copy Power to 5
Bennie would have his 5 boosted + 2 from his ability = 7 then +2 from his clan bonus = 9 then -2 from Randy's bonus so back to =7.
60/106
Poison Ivy89 - Master - Elysium Aether English
Wednesday 15/04/2009, 01:44

Tania vs Yayoi.

Tania:
stats:2/6(max)
ability:SOB
Bonus:-2 opp damage min 1.

Yayoi:
stats:7/6(max)
ability:SOA
Bonus:-2 opp damage min 1.
Yayoi will win in the end. but, both point's due to the bonus will be at 4 (depending on how many pillz that both charaters have).

« Previous12345678910...1011Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals