Stop opp Bonus VS Stop opp Ability and all the like, EXPLAINED

Tuesday 09/10/2007, 20:12
NachomusPrime - Master English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
106 messages
NachomusPrime - Master English - Tuesday 09/10/2007, 20:12

This is a thread to answer everyones questions about what happens with stop opp ability and stop opp bonus in the same round. Mods if you find that this guild is clear and helpful, please sticky. I was once a new player who asked this very question and i think having a stickied guide will be helpful.

For the following examples, assume that:
1. the room you are playing in is non-random
2. that neither person has played any pills
3. that all bonuses apply and are active

Take a look at the following round.

Otakool VS Flo

Otakool
power 6
dmg 4
(ability) stop opp ability
(bonus) +8 to attack power

Flo
power 5
dmg 2
(ability) stop opp bonus
(bonus) -2 opp power

Who stops what? Does Otakools bonus get stopped?

The best way (and easiest i've been told, i forget from who) is this! Put all the abilities in a chain of what affects what. Use paper and a pen if you have to. The beginning of the chain is always the stop opp ability or stop opp bonus that has nothing affecting it. This is what the following round looks like in a chain.

(Otakools ability) Stop opp ability ----- (Flos ability) Stop opp bonus ----- (Otakools bonus) +8 attack power

Since nothing has stopped Otakools ability or affected it at all, Otakools ability follows thru and stops Flos ability. Otakool keeps the +8 attack power and wins the round.

Mods i would like to post 2 more slightly different examples but i have reached my character limit. I will wait till this thread gets approved
« Previous12345678910...1011Next »

61/106
Lankyz - Senior English
Friday 17/04/2009, 19:26

Wat about if ur guy have ability- stop ability and ur oppenent has ability-stop ability
wat happen there
62/106
UM Buccha - Guru English
Tuesday 21/04/2009, 05:07

Both cancel each udder out
63/106
UM-CoNraD - Titan English
Wednesday 29/04/2009, 08:31

Nice guide for beginners
64/106
Terror-saur - Imperator English
Sunday 16/08/2009, 07:28

I'd like to know about the priorities for Power manipulation.

Case in point: Eyrik with El Gringo or Robb

I have had at least two occasions where the opponent's power was reduced to a different amount than what I expected. Does anyone have any insight or knowledge of how things really get worked out in a situation like this?
65/106
RelishSoul - Veteran English
Sunday 16/08/2009, 10:42

I have played with Robb for a while, but it didn't take long to understand. The Ability/Bonus with the highest minimum (In Robbs case, the Ability) is the one firstly coming into account. Then, the oone with the lowest Minimum. An easy example would be Robb with bonus against any 7 Powered card. Firstly, its power is reduced to 4 due to the ability, then it is reduced to 2 due to the bonus. Virtually, you could call Robb a -5 opp power, min 2 (Against a 2-3 powered card, the minimun would be 1). That because any card is firstly reduced to 4, then down to 2.

This lasts in Eyriks case to, so that's the one firstly being taken into account. Virtually, Robb would be a -6 opp power, min 2 with Eyrik in play.
66/106
The NinjaMan - Senior English
Sunday 16/08/2009, 13:18

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
67/106
norbisor - Senior Română
Sunday 16/08/2009, 14:09

68/106
gwalahad - Master English
Thursday 08/10/2009, 12:16

Very helpfull

i was wondering why my

poison
SOA

vs SOB
SOA

ended up with me having both blocked, and him having none blocked. this explains it
69/106
thekilove2 - Veteran English
Tuesday 29/12/2009, 01:45

I've got a Question..........

IF

Dash (Junkz)
power 6 damage 1
ability : damage = damage opp
bonus : attack +8

against

Uranus (sakhrom)
power 5 damage 5
ability -5 opponent damage min 1
bonus -8 opp atk min 3

how the fight gonna go?

is it Dash damage become 5 then it's reduce by Uranus OR will it be decided by who goes 1st?
example if Dash go 1st then the Dash ability will go 1st so the damage will be reduce by Uranus and if Uranus go 1st then Dash damage (1) will be reduce than Dash ability kick in make it's damage 5?

Plz help...
70/106
thekilove2 - Veteran English
Tuesday 29/12/2009, 01:48

I've got a Question..........

IF

Dash (Junkz)
power 6 damage 1
ability : damage = damage opp
bonus : attack +8

against

Uranus (sakhrom)
power 5 damage 5
ability -5 opponent damage min 1
bonus -8 opp atk min 3

how the fight gonna go?

is it Dash damage become 5 then it's reduce by Uranus OR will it be decided by who goes 1st?
example if Dash go 1st then the Dash ability will go 1st so the damage will be reduce by Uranus and if Uranus go 1st then Dash damage (1) will be reduce than Dash ability kick in make it's damage 5?

Plz help...

« Previous12345678910...1011Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals