Stop opp Bonus VS Stop opp Ability and all the like, EXPLAINED

Tuesday 09/10/2007, 20:12
NachomusPrime - Master English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
106 messages
NachomusPrime - Master English - Tuesday 09/10/2007, 20:12

This is a thread to answer everyones questions about what happens with stop opp ability and stop opp bonus in the same round. Mods if you find that this guild is clear and helpful, please sticky. I was once a new player who asked this very question and i think having a stickied guide will be helpful.

For the following examples, assume that:
1. the room you are playing in is non-random
2. that neither person has played any pills
3. that all bonuses apply and are active

Take a look at the following round.

Otakool VS Flo

Otakool
power 6
dmg 4
(ability) stop opp ability
(bonus) +8 to attack power

Flo
power 5
dmg 2
(ability) stop opp bonus
(bonus) -2 opp power

Who stops what? Does Otakools bonus get stopped?

The best way (and easiest i've been told, i forget from who) is this! Put all the abilities in a chain of what affects what. Use paper and a pen if you have to. The beginning of the chain is always the stop opp ability or stop opp bonus that has nothing affecting it. This is what the following round looks like in a chain.

(Otakools ability) Stop opp ability ----- (Flos ability) Stop opp bonus ----- (Otakools bonus) +8 attack power

Since nothing has stopped Otakools ability or affected it at all, Otakools ability follows thru and stops Flos ability. Otakool keeps the +8 attack power and wins the round.

Mods i would like to post 2 more slightly different examples but i have reached my character limit. I will wait till this thread gets approved
« Previous12...4567891011Next »

91/106
The_HoAx - Hero English
Monday 25/07/2011, 04:46

Yeah but Shakra is an all stop so it doesn't matter really.
92/106
Forever-Joshy - Novice English
Friday 19/08/2011, 03:49

Shakra is the best All Stop card He's great to play when he's not on courage to confuse your opponent!
93/106
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Saturday 10/09/2011, 16:46

Fun fact: using an all-stop and Vholt, you can theoretically reduce carter's supposedly "untouchable damage" (albeit only by 1).
94/106
Ermengildo - Guru Русский
Friday 23/09/2011, 14:53

I had a battle Kristin vs Samantha (no pillz each). Kristin was on courage, but she lost. Why?
95/106
Friday 23/09/2011, 14:55

I had a battle Kristin VS Samantha (no pillz each). Kristin was on courage, but she lost. Why?
96/106
-DustStorm- - Titan - Open Casket English
Friday 23/09/2011, 15:14

Because its not Courage that triggers her ability Ermengildo, its Confidence. Which means that a card has to win the round before Kristinn is played for her ability to activate.
E.g. In Round 2, Player X's Bob Joby beats Player Y's Ogyun Kyo
In Round 3, Player X plays Kristinn, Then her ability would be activated
97/106
Friday 23/09/2011, 22:15

Sorry, typed it wrong, of course it's confidence. My card won the 3rd round and i played Kristin in 4th.
98/106
iTzGreenGanja - Senior English
Tuesday 15/11/2011, 20:37

Okay I'm not sure where to post this so i picked here, this site needs to be easier to find FAQs and problems, okay so here's the problem i outsmarted a 1v1 bot in mission mode or whatever you want to call it, and i knew i was going to win even if i lost the last battle which i planned on losing, i had more health and his last card did not do enough damage to make mine equal to or lower, all of a sudden AFTER i read his card he gains +3-4 damage and beats me by 1 health even though his team nor his card says he gains any damage, all his card did on bonus and ability was subtract my cards damage and power, so WTF is up with the bots cheating just because i outsmarted it, how am i supposed to win and complete these if the computers I'm playing against cheat? PLEASE fix this problem unless you allow the computers to cheat on purpose... it is an annoying occurrence too often. I would also enjoy being able to find more guild options, i created one and would like to just disband it but now its just saying pending on creation.
99/106
-NN_Sarphyrox - Imperator - Open Casket English
Friday 18/11/2011, 13:07

Thanks i get your point. how about with regards to protection:ability and protection: bonus?
100/106
-KiLLeR_007 - Master - PøKéManïacs English
Saturday 03/12/2011, 10:02

The both makes me sick.................
as i am a Jungo owner it troubles me a lot.................................

« Previous12...4567891011Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals