Stop opp Bonus VS Stop opp Ability and all the like, EXPLAINED

Tuesday 09/10/2007, 20:12
NachomusPrime - Master English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
106 messages
NachomusPrime - Master English - Tuesday 09/10/2007, 20:12

This is a thread to answer everyones questions about what happens with stop opp ability and stop opp bonus in the same round. Mods if you find that this guild is clear and helpful, please sticky. I was once a new player who asked this very question and i think having a stickied guide will be helpful.

For the following examples, assume that:
1. the room you are playing in is non-random
2. that neither person has played any pills
3. that all bonuses apply and are active

Take a look at the following round.

Otakool VS Flo

Otakool
power 6
dmg 4
(ability) stop opp ability
(bonus) +8 to attack power

Flo
power 5
dmg 2
(ability) stop opp bonus
(bonus) -2 opp power

Who stops what? Does Otakools bonus get stopped?

The best way (and easiest i've been told, i forget from who) is this! Put all the abilities in a chain of what affects what. Use paper and a pen if you have to. The beginning of the chain is always the stop opp ability or stop opp bonus that has nothing affecting it. This is what the following round looks like in a chain.

(Otakools ability) Stop opp ability ----- (Flos ability) Stop opp bonus ----- (Otakools bonus) +8 attack power

Since nothing has stopped Otakools ability or affected it at all, Otakools ability follows thru and stops Flos ability. Otakool keeps the +8 attack power and wins the round.

Mods i would like to post 2 more slightly different examples but i have reached my character limit. I will wait till this thread gets approved
« Previous12...4567891011Next »

101/106
qipeRZ_OwNinG - Veteran - Black Sea Piranas English
Sunday 11/12/2011, 21:25

I think SoA = SoB but some cards and clans have no problems against SoB, and some clans and cards have no problems when playing against SoA.
For example: all 4* and 5* Jungo almost do not fear SoB. Pastor, Elvira, Aurora do not fear SoA.
102/106
kevistrauss - Veteran - nederlanders van holland English
Saturday 10/11/2012, 18:10

Thank you! Been wondering about this
103/106
loliem - Master - Friends Of Fate English
Thursday 09/05/2013, 06:51

Now how would Courage Shakra vs Confident kristen display? It doesn't really matter, but...
104/106
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 09/05/2013, 11:33

Everything is cancelled out, but as it doesn't matter...
105/106
AsianRepublic - Legend English
Thursday 09/05/2013, 16:30

@loliem Well... Technically they had no ability to remove to begin with. So nothing happens. This is a rather silly question, but question answered
106/106
watermage098 - Hero - -==Laking-Bear-Brand-Kami==- English
Thursday 13/06/2013, 15:29

Well i can conclude that Kolos is Mechakolos' weakness =)

« Previous12...4567891011Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals