New version of the Flash game

Tuesday 04/01/2011, 16:39
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
146 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Tuesday 04/01/2011, 16:39

After several months of testing and successive Beta versions, we’ve finally officially launched the new version of the Flash game client. Totally rewritten (in ActionScript3 rather than 2, for those of you who are interested), this version is not only more reliable, faster and safer, it also allows us to add new features more easily.
We’ve done everything in our power to ensure you Don’t feel disorientated when moving from the old version to the new. However, some of the options that were active by default will no longer be available. The purpose of this guide is to tell you about what’s new, what’s gone and the options available on this new version.

Losses:
- The menu on the bottom left in the list of players has been replaced by an “exit game” button.
- The info of % from the collection has been removed from the lower screen bar.

New features:
- Players’ photos appear in the list of players and during the fight.
- (Optional) animations for the effects of the abilities between rounds (life wins, poisons, etc.).
- The (optional) display of the “free” Pillz and processing of this in the counters.
- Indication of the time left in a round in minutes and seconds.
- Button allowing you to pass from normal mode to accelerated mode to display animations.
- Pillz played in the previous round will be displayed.
- Descriptions of the characters, clans, abilities and bonuses will be displayed directly in the game.
- Addition of the directly usable XP in the end of fight summary.
- Addition of several different types of music depending on the clans visible on the ground.

What is the “free” Pillz?
The “Free” Pillz has always existed. It’s the Pillz that is added to your character when you play him or her. In the previous version of the game, if you had 10 Pillz on your counter, your character could have a maximum of 11 times its power (10 Pillz + the start-up Pillz). So in the previous game when you were calculating the number of Pillz your opponent could play, you would add “+1” to the amount displayed on the counter. The discrepancy between the information displayed and the actual information has always bothered us, which is why in the new version, the game “shows” you the free Pillz in the counter so you no longer have to add 1 when making your calculations. The figure displayed in your opponent’s counter is the exact figure. The game system hasn’t changed. We’ve just changed the way the information is displayed.

If you are bothered by the free Pillz being displayed:
Although we think this new display is an improvement on the old version, we realize that veteran players, used to the old system, might be bothered by it. If so, Don’t worry. Simple go to game options (the little button on the bottom left during the game) and deactivate the free Pillz display. You will then return to the previous system. We do however advise you to give the new system a try.
Hello all,

If you think the game seems “slower”:
As we’ve added animations to certain stages that were previously invisible, the game may seem slower than previously. But Don’t worry. If you’re in a hurry, you can deactivate most of the animations for an overall speed that is faster than the previous version. Once in game options, the best settings for optimizing speed are: activate “speed up fight animation”, deactivate “inter-round animations”. Tip: you can hit the “enter” button repeatedly to validate pop-ups and quickly go back for another round.

Have fun
« Previous12...89101112131415Next »

101/146
addiction08 - Hero - • » вєαυтιƒυℓ αηgєℓz « •
Wednesday 05/01/2011, 12:29

ALL OF YOU, I FIND THE NEW FLASH BETTER IN TOURNAMENTS! JUST UNABLE MUSIC, DONT SHOW ABILITIES, HIDE FREE PILLS, AND SPEED ATTACK! DON'T JUST SAY THE NEW FLASH PLAYER SUCKS, BUT IT'S FASTER THAN THE OLD ONE BECAUSE THERE'S NO UNNECESSARY LOADINGS IN IT BEFORE AND AFTER BATTLE THAN THE OLD ONE
102/146
ChefMike1134 - Titan - wicked souls English
Wednesday 05/01/2011, 12:40

This takes a lot extra effort to load , which is bad for me , because my internet provider (BT , can you believe ?) slows down the available bandwidth for heavy users . this caused timeout errors with the previous version like described by Elissa_TUK (post #99) . haven't seen it so far but i'm sure it's coming .
i'm not going to complain about this though , because i do think it is a good fix . all the vets up in arms have their points to make but the changes have been justified .
the only thing I'd like to see fixed , aside from the loading strain , is the Free Pill . Yes , you can turn it off , hooray ! but you CANNOT stop it from appearing after the round . it still appears over a card already played . sorry , but i only gave Jautya four pillz , not 5 . So , I'm playing in survivor . this guy i'm playing against gave his Nanook four pillz , did he ? but he has more left than he should have ? The displaying of this intrinsic pill anywhere other than the screen where you place pillz on your characters will only cause confusion . especially if you've given players the option to do away with it .
103/146
DevTerror - Titan - TrAitorzZz English
Wednesday 05/01/2011, 12:44

I Like the timer and its fast when I deactivate the animations .
The "free pill" is realy confusing so I deactivate that too.

Overall I like it! maby the click here to begin must be differend.
Maby show only the Players’ photos for a short time and Fight!

Good job UR!
104/146
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Wednesday 05/01/2011, 12:52

Well, after a day i have to give this thumbs DOWN.
- don't like the graphics... can live with it
- FEELS slower. I don't care if it really is. It feels like it. This is added to by the Click-To-Start and by the over-extensive battle summary at the end. Also it seems to load more. (5 1/2 year old computer here! Newest graphics and stuff are NOT really the best idea if you only have a full load - I'd switch on a "lessen graphic" at once. Hell, I'd even download a client that saves most on my disc...)
105/146
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Wednesday 05/01/2011, 13:10

Please if you have a part that is really slowly animated, let us know precisely wich part it is.
People has been reporting that the new version is lighter on their computer, other reported it as heavier, so we need to pinpoint wich part exactly is heavy.

The doors animations will be removable in a soon to be released version. We'll also give you the possibility to change music and sounds volumes.

We think we have fixed the random "Critical error" issue.
106/146
Payapawaski - Master English
Wednesday 05/01/2011, 13:40

Can i ask? hmm, how do i cancel a bid that i just placed? And I am having problems with my market, the game says that I took to many actions in a short period of time in the market and it doesnt let me go to the market =(
107/146
Nekomiho - Imperator English
Wednesday 05/01/2011, 14:03

I find one really anoying (at least for me in this new version). When challenging other player sometimes I wait so long that beed too bored of waiting I just change room. But game act like I'm still in room and few times other player get free win by timeout (but before I leave isn't any info what other player decide). It isn't right to loose because of that kind of situation :/ In previous version info about reaction of other player was send much faster. O and now I can even challenge few players at the same time - is it some kind of glimph or error of new version?
108/146
Nintendan WMD - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Wednesday 05/01/2011, 14:38

I have to say Fraggle, I do love you.
109/146
KingOfHeaven - Titan - Carry ON Português
Wednesday 05/01/2011, 17:42

I understand the extra pill thing, and it doesn't really bother me. In fact, i think it will be better once i adapt myself.

However there should be a way to differentiate between the real "attacking" pills and the extra pill.
For example, the adversary has only 3 pills left, but he can't fury (only 2 real pills left). However this is the actual mechanic behind, if you really want to make the extra pill recognized by the players, it should be done in a different way than just adding to the total.

Do you understand what i mean ?
110/146
HotShot888 - Guru English
Wednesday 05/01/2011, 18:23

I hate the free pillz thing..

« Previous12...89101112131415Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals