New version of the Flash game

Tuesday 04/01/2011, 16:39
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
146 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Tuesday 04/01/2011, 16:39

After several months of testing and successive Beta versions, we’ve finally officially launched the new version of the Flash game client. Totally rewritten (in ActionScript3 rather than 2, for those of you who are interested), this version is not only more reliable, faster and safer, it also allows us to add new features more easily.
We’ve done everything in our power to ensure you Don’t feel disorientated when moving from the old version to the new. However, some of the options that were active by default will no longer be available. The purpose of this guide is to tell you about what’s new, what’s gone and the options available on this new version.

Losses:
- The menu on the bottom left in the list of players has been replaced by an “exit game” button.
- The info of % from the collection has been removed from the lower screen bar.

New features:
- Players’ photos appear in the list of players and during the fight.
- (Optional) animations for the effects of the abilities between rounds (life wins, poisons, etc.).
- The (optional) display of the “free” Pillz and processing of this in the counters.
- Indication of the time left in a round in minutes and seconds.
- Button allowing you to pass from normal mode to accelerated mode to display animations.
- Pillz played in the previous round will be displayed.
- Descriptions of the characters, clans, abilities and bonuses will be displayed directly in the game.
- Addition of the directly usable XP in the end of fight summary.
- Addition of several different types of music depending on the clans visible on the ground.

What is the “free” Pillz?
The “Free” Pillz has always existed. It’s the Pillz that is added to your character when you play him or her. In the previous version of the game, if you had 10 Pillz on your counter, your character could have a maximum of 11 times its power (10 Pillz + the start-up Pillz). So in the previous game when you were calculating the number of Pillz your opponent could play, you would add “+1” to the amount displayed on the counter. The discrepancy between the information displayed and the actual information has always bothered us, which is why in the new version, the game “shows” you the free Pillz in the counter so you no longer have to add 1 when making your calculations. The figure displayed in your opponent’s counter is the exact figure. The game system hasn’t changed. We’ve just changed the way the information is displayed.

If you are bothered by the free Pillz being displayed:
Although we think this new display is an improvement on the old version, we realize that veteran players, used to the old system, might be bothered by it. If so, Don’t worry. Simple go to game options (the little button on the bottom left during the game) and deactivate the free Pillz display. You will then return to the previous system. We do however advise you to give the new system a try.
Hello all,

If you think the game seems “slower”:
As we’ve added animations to certain stages that were previously invisible, the game may seem slower than previously. But Don’t worry. If you’re in a hurry, you can deactivate most of the animations for an overall speed that is faster than the previous version. Once in game options, the best settings for optimizing speed are: activate “speed up fight animation”, deactivate “inter-round animations”. Tip: you can hit the “enter” button repeatedly to validate pop-ups and quickly go back for another round.

Have fun
« Previous12...89101112131415Next »

111/146
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Wednesday 05/01/2011, 18:38

First positive: Looks better than ever. Sounds good too. I like the new information displays a lot.

Then the bugs, fails and why they are fails...

- Extra click. When I select "Fight" I have already made a decision and expect the fight to happen. Requiring a new click is only annoying (ok. I liked the idea for 3 first fights. After that joke gets old and I just want to go to business...).

- Loading avatars on big rooms take forever and you cant do anything while they load. This pretty much kills the gaming experience on slow connection. This is major design flaw. Even if you load the avatars you should still be able to start new games atleast. More preferably allow users to control when the avatars are displayed or not...

- Still no option to tune down the quality of GFX on flash. This option is super-easy to implement (its in the flash core, automatically - just allow us to use it!) and it would improve gaming on older computers greatly.

- New client has more network issues than old client. I get a lot of errors. Network is fine otherwise.

I wont buy more credits until those things are fixed. As none of these bugs are hard to fix and you are capable of doing major revamping of complete engine I feel that NOT fixing those things would be just arrogant in wrong way.

And unless you do it the Chinese will and then you will be out of business. *threat*
112/146
PriMinizZztA - Eternal - TrAitorzZz English
Wednesday 05/01/2011, 22:03

Hooray for UR and the new engine !!!

i can easily adjust to everything you improved and / or which still needs some tweaking

the engine is indeed faster ,mostly in battle , the graphics are very very impressive also all the options

and the reserve Xp option after the battle also

the classic card look without the whole card's text display is very nice also , its brings serenity to the screen

but can you do me one favor please?

the incredibly neongreen time bar which jumps of my screen , and thats not because my screen is so bright it isnt

could you please lower that intense green flashy color a bit its making me very nervous and disrupts the whole feel of chillness if you ask me, that was always so nice in the battles

thank you
113/146
maki_mUR - Legend - Dragons Cro Clan English
Wednesday 05/01/2011, 22:46

I prefer the old one, my pc is slow... I'm glad we have a choice.
114/146
Kate - Urban Rivals Staff English
Thursday 06/01/2011, 06:54

B"H
It's too slow. I have the most advanced phone with Fladh 10.2 and it crashes regardless. I hate it.
115/146
chillydawg41 - Imperator English
Thursday 06/01/2011, 09:02

Honestly, i like this version alot. it allows u to change the options of things u might not like ie, the "extra" pill, music etc. my main fave part is the music. before the change i would be using my ipod while playing just to hear sumthing besides the thuds from the fights.
116/146
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Thursday 06/01/2011, 10:31

- Extra click. When I select "Fight" I have already made a decision and expect the fight to happen. Requiring a new click is only annoying (ok. I liked the idea for 3 first fights. After that joke gets old and I just want to go to business...).

We are adding an option to disable the "doors" (before & after)

- Loading avatars on big rooms take forever and you cant do anything while they load. This pretty much kills the gaming experience on slow connection. This is major design flaw. Even if you load the avatars you should still be able to start new games atleast. More preferably allow users to control when the avatars are displayed or not...

It is not the behavior I get on my computer (or any that I tested). The image loading is done in the background (plus, we load only 50 users max in any room). Are you sure of what you say ?

- Still no option to tune down the quality of GFX on flash. This option is super-easy to implement (its in the flash core, automatically - just allow us to use it!) and it would improve gaming on older computers greatly.

We'll look into it.

- New client has more network issues than old client. I get a lot of errors. Network is fine otherwise.

We have fixed a major issue with network (from the server side), can you elaborate when and what error you get (exact message etc..).

- I wont buy more credits until those things are fixed. As none of these bugs are hard to fix and you are capable of doing major revamping of complete engine I feel that NOT fixing those things would be just arrogant in wrong way.

New version has been in beta for months and no one reported thoses bug, new version is non-beta since 2 days.. Give us a few days to fix the outstanding issues. Your message does not need to be agressive.

- I prefer the old one, my pc is slow... I'm glad we have a choice.

Please state exactly when it is slower (I mean when the animation drag on your pc). The old version will be removed at some point.

- could you please lower that intense green flashy color a bit its making me very nervous and disrupts the whole feel of chillness if you ask me, that was always so nice in the battles

We'll reduce it a bit.

- It's too slow. I have the most advanced phone with Fladh 10.2 and it crashes regardless. I hate it.

We dont support flash on mobile at the moment (it's still beta for android) so we do absolutely no testing on it. Can you tell us wich phone you've got ?
117/146
Rob_Lucci - Master English
Thursday 06/01/2011, 11:13

How to change back to the original?..
118/146
ON_Ragnarok - Titan - Carry ON Português
Thursday 06/01/2011, 12:07

-It is not the behavior I get on my computer (or any that I tested). The image loading is done in the background (plus, we load only 50 users max in any room). Are you sure of what you say ?

Speaking for me, I am sure, and so are at least a few dozens of players in my country too. None of us seem to have access to uber fast net connections even though we all have diff specs in our PCs (obviously) so it's probably the net speed screwing us up again. It's quite annoying to wait those 15+ seconds to start a new game just because the room is loading up a(nother) useless feature regarding gameplay itself, that didn't happened in the old version.

Adding a room option to disable the avatars in rooms would be greatly appreciated. This, combined with the forementioned option to disable the "doors" would sell me completly to the new version
119/146
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Thursday 06/01/2011, 12:12

Can confirm that this is what you describe:

• The game load, the room datas are loaded (the screen is darker, the little loading indicator is at the top)
• The datas are loaded but the avatars images are missing and are beeing downloaded, the screen is no longer darker.
At this point, you should be able to start a battle even without all images but you say you cannot click on the fight button ???
120/146
ON_Ragnarok - Titan - Carry ON Português
Thursday 06/01/2011, 12:44

Dark screen ,little indicator on top, players change from the ones that apeared before the fight to new ones and their avatars are being loaded. Loading indicator disappears, avatars are loaded (at least top half that is seen) after a while screen is no longer dark and Q challenge button appears. Can't click in the fight button during this process until the Q challenge button appears

« Previous12...89101112131415Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals