Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Changes to the ELO mode and new banned characters.

Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
533 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47

As of January 31st 2011, Copper, Bridget, Rolph, Rowdy, Lou, Shann, Emeth and Oshitsune will join the list of characters permanently banned by the staff in the ELO mode.
This month will also see the launch of some new experiments in ELO. During the weeks to come it will no longer be possible to play “semi-evolved” characters in this mode. In addition to this, the starting life points in the ELO room will be set at 15.
If these changes prove to be successful, they can become a permanent feature.

You’ve been asking for a more strategic ELO mode with a less decisive chance factor (on cards draw and pillz).
Semi-evo cards appeared to be a big advantage for those who can afford them. We’ve hesitated quite a while on banning them because we didn’t want to deprive you of using some interesting and balanced semi-evo characters but there are just a few of them compared to all those which can skew the game. From now you’ll have to fully evolve your characters if you want to use them in ELO.
Regarding the life points rise, it will prevent the easy two-shots and then reduce the domination of high damage characters. They are still important in this mode but they won’t be able to win the match too easily now.
It’s still a test. Don’t hesitate to tell us your feelings about it on the forum so as to make the ELO mode satisfactory for everyone.
« Previous12...4748495051525354Next »

461/533
0 Rowan LoA - Titan - Legends of America English
Monday 14/02/2011, 22:32

Give up guys! UR won't change ELO back
462/533
-LW-Ronin - Veteran English
Monday 14/02/2011, 22:56

14 feels a bit better. Junta can run those two hit kills without "much" worry. 7 is the magic number and it isn't all that bad. I played a few matches and it wasn't an extreme challenge to two hit KO unlike the previous 15 life.

Also keep up with the No semi Evo. By far thats the best thing
463/533
suggsie baby - Senior English
Tuesday 15/02/2011, 00:34

2 hit ko was a stratergy, You've made it less strategic ....
464/533
EagleOtto - Titan - GUNSLINGERS OF THE WEST ACADEMY English
Tuesday 15/02/2011, 01:21

Sweet, i was thinking 14 would be just about perfect, and glad to see that it came through
2HKO is possible with some of the +dmg clans now with a bit more ease
465/533
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Tuesday 15/02/2011, 02:20

@BotShot:
I laugh pretty hard when I read your comment
I agree with you
466/533
Mapoko - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 15/02/2011, 10:43

Finally. 2HKO is back for La Junta
Ray/Isatis + Jane Ramba/Nahomi etc.
Or
Bryan+ Burger / Naginata / Gatline / Trish etc.

I think that 14 is the perfect number.

12 is just too low.
13 is still low. 1 damage doesnt do much difference, excepf that it forbids 1HKO.
14 - perfect. Allows 2HKO for most damage orientired clans and 3HKO for attack manipulators. THe poison is still good. Maybe still too good, but hey, if you can not ward against poison - dont play elo There are tons of preventing that Either soa (or sob) or beat the card or dont let Freaks hit before round 3
15 - way too high. Overpowered poisons, cards like Arawaka pose a threath even on round 3 ...
467/533
Elevated L0ss - Guru English
Tuesday 15/02/2011, 16:23

Piranas honestly need more bans even if its just temp. Ever since GHEIST and Roots got hit by a large scale banning and Bonnie Ld came out Piranas have been highly common within elo. It takes the fun out of trying to use new blood releases like Maurice when all you see is sob. Its rather hard to build a half upper deck that can fully counter a Piranas deck that consists of the common ones like Tula and, funny enough, bonnie. Not sure why cards like Wanda from the cats gets a perm ban but Tula almost never meets bans? she is a much bigger threat at 2*...
468/533
Pickle Keeper - Guru English
Tuesday 15/02/2011, 23:44

Im pretty cool with 14 life honestly, old elo where there were like 10 bans a week and other then that it was a free for all still reigns supreme in my mind, but i gotta say 14 life is good
469/533
Sillyilly - Titan - Time Conquers All Deutsch
Wednesday 16/02/2011, 07:06

Can we actually have a room to play the old elo format? you don't need to call it elo anymore, just 12 lifes, like T1, but have banned cards. It's for tournament purpose, too many OP now in T1 and especially T2, which i don't bother play, a lot of people can't afford OP.
470/533
Trippie - Legend - Open Casket English
Wednesday 16/02/2011, 15:34

If 14 life were to become permanent one change that would be necessary is a complete revamp in ban and penalty lists for ELO and Daily Tournaments. If 14 life was to continue all the point penalties would become silly in DTs as the bans would be for 14 life, not 12, which is where DTs are played. Here's an example of how I think it could be done:

ELO Perma banned list changes:

IN:

Sigma
Ojibway

POSSIBLY:
Ghumbo
Bogdan/Olga
Any Piranas

OUT:

Lou
Wanda

POSSIBLY:

Kolos
Charlie
Ratanah

DAILY TOURNAMENT PENALTIES:

Lamar Cr -2
Striker -2
Shann -1
Rolph -1
DJ Korr Cr -2
Rowdy -1
Emeth -1
General Cr -2
Ambre -3
Eklore -1
Eyrik -1
Hugo -2/-3
Morphun -1/-2
Lyse Teria Cr -3/-4
Vickie Cr -3
Kolos -1/-2/-3
Oshitsune -1
Smokey Cr -2
Charlie -1
Alec Cr -2
Marco -1/-2
Kiki Cr -3
Lou 0/-1
Ratanah 0/-1
Shakra -1/-2
GraksmxxT -2/-3
Guru Cr -2/-3
Copper -1/-2
Hawk -2
Caelus -1/-2
Tanaereva Cr -2
Wee Lee -2
Jackie Cr -3/-4
Zatman -2/-3

And possibly some other penalties for commonly used cards:

Oxen -1
Mona -1
Lehane -1
Hawkins -1
Randy 0/-1

I think these daily tournament changes, while probably a little difficult to code, would make it much fairer between the clans, as right now cards like Wanda and Bridget are unnecessarily penalized because of their ELO uses. Granted, they might be overpowered for an ELO format, but they are WAY off the Mark in DTs, and shouldn't be penalized. The slashes are where I'm unsure, but my idea could be a load of tosh also.

What do you guys think?

« Previous12...4748495051525354Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals