Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Changes to the ELO mode and new banned characters.

Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
533 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47

As of January 31st 2011, Copper, Bridget, Rolph, Rowdy, Lou, Shann, Emeth and Oshitsune will join the list of characters permanently banned by the staff in the ELO mode.
This month will also see the launch of some new experiments in ELO. During the weeks to come it will no longer be possible to play “semi-evolved” characters in this mode. In addition to this, the starting life points in the ELO room will be set at 15.
If these changes prove to be successful, they can become a permanent feature.

You’ve been asking for a more strategic ELO mode with a less decisive chance factor (on cards draw and pillz).
Semi-evo cards appeared to be a big advantage for those who can afford them. We’ve hesitated quite a while on banning them because we didn’t want to deprive you of using some interesting and balanced semi-evo characters but there are just a few of them compared to all those which can skew the game. From now you’ll have to fully evolve your characters if you want to use them in ELO.
Regarding the life points rise, it will prevent the easy two-shots and then reduce the domination of high damage characters. They are still important in this mode but they won’t be able to win the match too easily now.
It’s still a test. Don’t hesitate to tell us your feelings about it on the forum so as to make the ELO mode satisfactory for everyone.
« Previous12...4748495051525354Next »

471/533
IncubusLoA - Imperator - Legends of America English
Wednesday 16/02/2011, 18:14

Elo Jackpot didn't reach 3million last week haha, that's mean less people loving playing in elo after it changed haha
472/533
Dregn - Legend - URBAN MADNESS Deutsch
Wednesday 16/02/2011, 19:41

I agree with Trippie, the Elo perma ban list has to be changed because of the higher number of starting life points.

Ojibway should be banned, he became a monster. But there is no point in banning Lou any more. Now she is an average 5 * card at best. And of course Wanda is not broken at all if semi-evo cards are banned in Elo.

I really like Trippie´s idea to change the dt penalty points as well. Simply increase the penalty for Jackie Cr and Lyse Teria Cr (-3) and introduce a small penalty (-1 point) for "commonly used cards" like Mona, Oxen, Lehane and Hawkins. But Don´t make it too complicated for the average player.
473/533
DrTravelerLoA - Master - Legends of America English
Thursday 17/02/2011, 04:18

14 still is going to make it hard to 2hko Piranas pill manipulation decks.

I will add, if 14 is the new status quo that revisiting bans should be the next order of business.
474/533
ChaosTheoryUltr - Imperator English
Thursday 17/02/2011, 05:56

I agree with sometims Trippie said like revising the bans BUT I disagree completly with the -1 common card punishment. That - points is reserved just band cards. There are already enough punishments for banned cards (I dont use any but still). Also I still think 14 is a bit high but I dont feel like UR will make ELO go back to normal... And if what MrSO2_WMD said is true and less people are playing ELO (cause of the changes) then UR probably needs to undo some of the alterations.
475/533
IM_Poj-Poj - Guru English
Thursday 17/02/2011, 13:19

14 is perfect!!
+dmg clans can "as the only clans" 2KHO "easy" , as it should be (far to many clans could do it with 12)
manipulation decks has to use the manipulation to either get in 3 win, or "trick" with furry or high dmg (usaly win with gap not 2HKO)
"def" clans can play def and posible win with only 2 wins (pussy, Jungo)
Freaks poison make them usfull (something they wasnt in 12 life) but not OP

this change have made the clans far more balanced then it was before. i REALY love it, and i cant understand why it get so much hate.. ppl are far to scared by changes. the game is evolving, so should we..

on a side note, i agree that some of the perma bans maybe should me reconsiderd now
476/533
Trippie - Legend - Open Casket English
Thursday 17/02/2011, 13:57

@ChaosTheory

Look at it this way:

Striker is by far a better card than Mona in ELO. But in DTs Mona's clan, bonus, and ability make her an equal, if not more useful card.

She deserves to have a small ban to reduce the amount of Montana seen in DTs. Same with Oxen. Their clans are just being used over and over again and there needs to be something fresh. ELO and DT is two different game modes, so they should have different penalties. At least that's my opinion.
477/533
mamboparadise - Guru - LoveClan English
Thursday 17/02/2011, 14:04

Loving 14 too.

I just hope it doesn't become a crutch for the designers and bring power creep with future card releases, making 2hko's common again. And next year life is increased to 16 and so on and so forth. Please no power(dmg) inflation.
478/533
mamboparadise - Guru - LoveClan English
Thursday 17/02/2011, 15:21

Can we have a new 'Fights Type' room where we can participate in DT but with 14 life?
479/533
) Mad Yellow - Hero - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 17/02/2011, 16:28

I HATED 15 life games, but I am enjoying 14 life games.
480/533
IM_Poj-Poj - Guru English
Thursday 17/02/2011, 17:13

@mamboparadise i fear the same thing.. i realy hope that the dmg lvl stays on the current lvl and we dont se alot of high dmg cards in the futur releases. that would make alot of the old cards useless, and the point of raising the life would be nullified, and think about the consequences for the 12 life games (deathmach, "survivor" and DT) if alot of the new cards are made 14 life friendly.

« Previous12...4748495051525354Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals