Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Changes to the ELO mode and new banned characters.

Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
533 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47

As of January 31st 2011, Copper, Bridget, Rolph, Rowdy, Lou, Shann, Emeth and Oshitsune will join the list of characters permanently banned by the staff in the ELO mode.
This month will also see the launch of some new experiments in ELO. During the weeks to come it will no longer be possible to play “semi-evolved” characters in this mode. In addition to this, the starting life points in the ELO room will be set at 15.
If these changes prove to be successful, they can become a permanent feature.

You’ve been asking for a more strategic ELO mode with a less decisive chance factor (on cards draw and pillz).
Semi-evo cards appeared to be a big advantage for those who can afford them. We’ve hesitated quite a while on banning them because we didn’t want to deprive you of using some interesting and balanced semi-evo characters but there are just a few of them compared to all those which can skew the game. From now you’ll have to fully evolve your characters if you want to use them in ELO.
Regarding the life points rise, it will prevent the easy two-shots and then reduce the domination of high damage characters. They are still important in this mode but they won’t be able to win the match too easily now.
It’s still a test. Don’t hesitate to tell us your feelings about it on the forum so as to make the ELO mode satisfactory for everyone.
« Previous12...4748495051525354Next »

481/533
DrTravelerLoA - Master - Legends of America English
Thursday 17/02/2011, 21:56

If you want a penalty for common cards, why not inflict a minus 1 point penalty in DT's for each card that is duplicated by both players.

So for example, if I flip Jackie Cr, Oxen, ---,--- and you flip Jackie Cr, Oxen, ---,--- an automatic -2 is inflicted. That'd encourage non-standard choices in DT's and penalize players that are playing carbon copy decks.
482/533
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 17/02/2011, 23:40

Not a fan of the common bonus imo.I'd be more of a fan of it if it were to just be to say,i dont know DT winners,but -1 extra point for using staples just seems counterproductive.

As for Kolos getting unbanned.For.Get.About.It.I dont know how you guys got to the conclusion of "oh he's not overpowered in 14 life ELO,let him out",but uhhh WTF No OHKO anymore,but he still has 2HKO with,in no particular order:Orlok,Phyllis,Pan,kenny,Edwin.And that's just the bad cards.Secondly,do you know how much voting he'll absorb just from getting whacked around by ban votes?Forget it,You might as well just keep him banned,because its the same thing.And,oh yeah,he's like General Cr.forget it.Kolos should stay banned,or ELO is gonna turn into Jurassic Park.
483/533
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 17/02/2011, 23:48

Continuing from last post:

Besides,cards come and go.Bringing a monster back into the game puts it back into the same unfun cycle everyone was complaining about in the first place.And if anything,the only cards that shoud get unbanned upon further review upon the list should be:

Wanda-only banned because of her EVO usability
Wee Lee-really the same thing as Wanda,and 9/6 isnt such a task to overcome anyway
Ratanah-well the Roots have been pretty much decimated,and we all know Shakra aint coming back from getting banned,so might as well bring in the next best thing aka Ratanah.
484/533
IM_Poj-Poj - Guru English
Friday 18/02/2011, 12:45

In my opinon this is the cards that could be considered for unbanning:
Wanda - (when she cant be played at lvl 1 she is not that OP)
Smokey Cr - he got only 3 dmg, and yes he is a good staple Piranas card, but permaban? i think thats alitle harsh
Oshitsune - yes he is good.. but can be destroyed by SOA, he is only on pair with power 7 cards, and with life 14, he dont have that many 2HKO oppertunitis with his clan.

i dont say that the last 2 cards are not very good, because they are.. but i dont think they deserve perma ban.. on the other hand, Piranas and Nightmare are my 2 favoritt clans, so i might be influenced by that in my points about them i agree with gheistbuster that Kolos should not be unbanned though.. he is still to good.
485/533
PhaserhawkLoA - Legend - Legends of America English
Friday 18/02/2011, 18:55

Absolutely loving the new format now, the switch from 15 to 14 life, while not appearing to be big is huge, you can still KO using La Junta, not so much Fang Pi Clang as they really seem to be hurting right now, Freaks are tough and actually a decent clan for once, Jungo is tough but underpowered, in fact the only clan that seems to be hurt by all of this is Skeelz, they just don't have the firepower in their ranks to compete right now.
486/533
PhaserhawkLoA - Legend - Legends of America English
Friday 18/02/2011, 19:05

I agree with you Gheistbuster, Wanda should be back, especially if they keep the no unevolved characters in ELO, she is needed for Pussycats. Ratanah is an absolute yes, Roots have been decimated lately and they need some help. Wee Lee I'm undecided on, even with SoB he's still a 7/6 damage reducer and SoA he's a 9/6 damage maker, with how many good cards Ulu Watu is getting I don't see him getting unbanned, but who knows? I would like to see Striker unbanned if they keep the 14 life ELO as a permananet staple. Also if they continue with only fully evolved characters I would like to see Charlie come back as she was only leathly as a 4 star, also to see at least Marco come back for Rescue as well as Copper and Caleus, with 14 life they aren't as deadly, but I could only see Charlie and Striker making a comeback from the ones i listed
487/533
Vinyl-Scratch - Titan - D-Versified English
Friday 18/02/2011, 19:19

"As for Kolos getting unbanned.For.Get.About.It.I dont know how you guys got to the conclusion of "oh he's not overpowered in 14 life ELO,let him out ",but uhhh WTF No OHKO anymore,but he still has 2HKO with,in no particular order:Orlok,Phyllis,Pan,Kenny,Edwin.And that's just the bad cards.Secondly,do you know how much voting he'll absorb just from getting whacked around by ban votes?Forget it,You might as well just keep him banned,because its the same thing.And,oh yeah,he's like General Cr.forget it.Kolos should stay banned,or ELO is gonna turn into Jurassic Park." lol the reason he was banned was cause he could 1hko. Sure he can still 2hko but can't alot of other cards also 2hko. What reason is being able to 2hko a reason to keep him banned, if it is a reason, lets ban all other cards who can 2hko.
488/533
HotShot888 - Guru English
Friday 18/02/2011, 19:35

What

Kolos should never be unbanned.

Even if they implement 60 life in ELO

He can still do 10 damage. Without fury. Without bonus. Get some DRs and the game may still be over after one round, even if there is no K.O.
489/533
) LoA Yellow - Hero - Legends of America English
Friday 18/02/2011, 20:07

Kolos should not be unbanned or it would ruin the whole point of extra life. Oshitsune deserved his ban since his ability can only be stopped by SoA abilities or all stops. He's pretty much Diet Caelus. Wee Lee is a 4-star with 5-star stats, he deserves his ban. Ratanah is also a 4-star with 5-star stats and should stay banned. Marco has the best of both worlds, attack AND power support? Nuff said about him. Striker is perma-banned because people would just keep banning him every other week at the very least if he wasn't.
490/533
Boredy_FIM - Guru - Bronies English
Friday 18/02/2011, 21:54

Wee Lee should be banned. He is 4 stars, not 5! Have a look.

« Previous12...4748495051525354Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals