Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Changes to the ELO mode and new banned characters.

Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
533 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47

As of January 31st 2011, Copper, Bridget, Rolph, Rowdy, Lou, Shann, Emeth and Oshitsune will join the list of characters permanently banned by the staff in the ELO mode.
This month will also see the launch of some new experiments in ELO. During the weeks to come it will no longer be possible to play “semi-evolved” characters in this mode. In addition to this, the starting life points in the ELO room will be set at 15.
If these changes prove to be successful, they can become a permanent feature.

You’ve been asking for a more strategic ELO mode with a less decisive chance factor (on cards draw and pillz).
Semi-evo cards appeared to be a big advantage for those who can afford them. We’ve hesitated quite a while on banning them because we didn’t want to deprive you of using some interesting and balanced semi-evo characters but there are just a few of them compared to all those which can skew the game. From now you’ll have to fully evolve your characters if you want to use them in ELO.
Regarding the life points rise, it will prevent the easy two-shots and then reduce the domination of high damage characters. They are still important in this mode but they won’t be able to win the match too easily now.
It’s still a test. Don’t hesitate to tell us your feelings about it on the forum so as to make the ELO mode satisfactory for everyone.
« Previous12...4748495051525354Next »

501/533
69 hoodrich - Legend English
Monday 21/02/2011, 10:38

I agree with almost everyone on Wanda. Wee Lee is just a doesn't matter to me. he is good but not really broken. I would feel the same way about Striker but All Stars seem to need him more thus I feel he should be unbanned. Ratanah should be unbanned because of the amount of hate ban the Roots seem to attract. The only cards that I feel should never even be considered for removal from the ban list are Kolos (possible 12 damage really makes me wonder why it was created in the first place), caelus (because the min of 2 power is too low and he can only be effectively dealt with by the All Stars) and smokey (not because he is overpowered but the clan itself hardly ever loses anything weather it be player or staff bans.)
502/533
HotShot888 - Guru English
Monday 21/02/2011, 12:37

How come Ogoun Kyu isn't banned yet?
503/533
) LoA Yellow - Hero - Legends of America English
Monday 21/02/2011, 15:01

Dear UR staff,

Would you really like to know how to improve elo for everyone? Stop temp banning characters yourselves! If you do happen to perma-ban a character, ask yourselves, 'Is this ban really necessary?' Finally, review the characters you have perma-banned. Copper certainly is no Oshitsune or even a Caelus. SoA kills him dead not to mention a decent DR can soften his blow. Why is Wanda still banned? She has no ability and has the same stats as Wardog and Lehane, but WAIT! Lehane stops bonuses and has her own nifty +8 attack bonus, enabling her to eat just about any character alive. Not to mention Wardog is a virtual 8/4 with his +2 damage bonus and can become a frightening 8/6 with fury. Then there's Lou, why are you hating on Roots? Are you upset that a clan you created just happpens to be cheaper than any other clan in the game? Should we apologize for not jacking up the prices of Roots characters, thereby making it possible for ANYONE to construct a respectable deck? Not everyone has or wants to spend hundreds of dollars on this game. Lou is hardly any different from Fuzz and yet he's elo-useable, why him and not her?
504/533
Elevated L0ss - Guru English
Tuesday 22/02/2011, 02:40

I agree with Helljay. Wanda doesn't deserve her perma title when Lehane and Wardog are lurking elo and have better stats now that we have to use evolved cards.
And thanks for giving Piranas a pinch. Even though Tyd and Hawkins are replaceable it is a start to lowering their dominance in elo again.
505/533
0 Pride - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 22/02/2011, 08:58

Staff's just want to make Freaks alive in ELO
we'll they pretty made it well for them but look!
some of the Freaks we're banned
i just hope that 12 LP will be brought back again
506/533
PhaserhawkLoA - Legend - Legends of America English
Tuesday 22/02/2011, 18:10

I think 14 life and fully evolved characters should be permananent, it has made for a much more fun enviornment and brought Freaks, La Junta, Fang Pi Clang, and Jungo as better clans because of the new life increase. Like everyone I would love to see some banned cards unbanned, but I would also like to start seeing some hate for SoB clans as Piranas are killing the fun. Why not have a similiar ability to Stop, call it Halt, where if your bonus is cancelled you get a ridicoulsy ability, like for Montana, you have a 6/5 with Halt: +4 power, so if you go up against Piranas your 6/5 is now a 10/5 but against any other clan it is a 6/5, the protect bonus ability is not nearly as good, because when I have Ginafranco against Piranas, he just doesn't seem to be as scary as a card that would say have Stop that punishes the opponent for running SoA.
507/533
Six Nations - Guru - Open Casket English
Tuesday 22/02/2011, 18:56

You're letting Bonnie Ld go up for player vote thanks, I worked my butt off for that card and you let her get banned -.- AND also you ban Hawkins too?
508/533
BHZ_Zero - Senior English
Tuesday 22/02/2011, 22:10

Bring the filler back!
509/533
HotShot888 - Guru English
Wednesday 23/02/2011, 05:00

Six Nations, as if you didn't really have to work for any other cards you have.

You actually got Bonnie for free

Any ban can be viewed as unfair, because after all, it does take effort to be able to afford such card.

Banning Bonnie is a mighty fine idea.
510/533
mafiamyk - Master English
Wednesday 23/02/2011, 08:54

Banning bonnie is pointless. Either you are banning a not so great card which gets abused too much, or you are trying to get less pirates because you suck when you play against them. I'm sorry for that last type of player. Pirates are weak, and it really isn't hard to counter the standard Pirate deck.

« Previous12...4748495051525354Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals