Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Changes to the ELO mode and new banned characters.

Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
533 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Friday 28/01/2011, 14:47

As of January 31st 2011, Copper, Bridget, Rolph, Rowdy, Lou, Shann, Emeth and Oshitsune will join the list of characters permanently banned by the staff in the ELO mode.
This month will also see the launch of some new experiments in ELO. During the weeks to come it will no longer be possible to play “semi-evolved” characters in this mode. In addition to this, the starting life points in the ELO room will be set at 15.
If these changes prove to be successful, they can become a permanent feature.

You’ve been asking for a more strategic ELO mode with a less decisive chance factor (on cards draw and pillz).
Semi-evo cards appeared to be a big advantage for those who can afford them. We’ve hesitated quite a while on banning them because we didn’t want to deprive you of using some interesting and balanced semi-evo characters but there are just a few of them compared to all those which can skew the game. From now you’ll have to fully evolve your characters if you want to use them in ELO.
Regarding the life points rise, it will prevent the easy two-shots and then reduce the domination of high damage characters. They are still important in this mode but they won’t be able to win the match too easily now.
It’s still a test. Don’t hesitate to tell us your feelings about it on the forum so as to make the ELO mode satisfactory for everyone.
« Previous12...4748495051525354Next »

511/533
Six Nations - Guru - Open Casket English
Wednesday 23/02/2011, 12:16

Mm I suppose, I've most on from Piranas now anyways , sorry for the whining!!
512/533
Tsar Tjepotz - Imperator - Czar Commissar English
Thursday 24/02/2011, 05:57

Now 14 LP seems kind of interesting in elo, but after read the comments in here I must agree one thing.

When you UR staff release new cards, have you guys ever consider 1 HKO 'cause the new cards you create make that possible?
so its kind of dumb by creating more over powered / over damaged cards but at the same time increasing life points.

Its much better to stick with 12 LP but releasing cards with more consideration,
don't need to push 4 new cards every 2 weeks but poor quality tested and busy banning them later.
Its like lack of concept and quality control, but I guess when commercial and profit is more of the concern then thats the way it is.
513/533
TooStoned - Master - The Cold Turkeys English
Friday 04/03/2011, 05:02

At botshot, time IS money, nothing was free in getting Bonnie Ld...
514/533
Mr Intelijent - Hero - D-Versified English
Saturday 05/03/2011, 03:15

At botshot, time IS money, nothing was free in getting Bonnie Ld...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol but duing that time you were playing you were getting money for winning each match....
515/533
Skrits TCA - Guru English
Saturday 05/03/2011, 17:25

I love the new 14 life mode.

What I would like to see though is the following:

Remove the weekly staffbanned cards
Remove the rule that says that only cards that have received more than 5% of the players vote will get (un)banned.
Make a new rule that says that the 20 cards with the highest % of the votes will get (un)banned.
Make a new rule that says that the same card cannot be (un)banned more then 3 weeks in a row. (3 weeks of being voted to stay means an autoban, 3 weeks of banning means an autostay)

This way the players will control which cards are (un)banned and also the same amount of cards is being (un)banned every week.
516/533
IM_Poj-Poj - Guru English
Saturday 05/03/2011, 19:46

@skirts i like your rules, but i would keep the weekly staffbanned cards + make the changes that you suggest.. i kinda like the staff trowing in some "votes" on the weekly banns
517/533
Vinyl-Scratch - Titan - D-Versified English
Saturday 05/03/2011, 22:10

"I love the new 14 life mode.

What I would like to see though is the following:

Remove the weekly staffbanned cards
Remove the rule that says that only cards that have received more than 5% of the players vote will get (un)banned.
Make a new rule that says that the 20 cards with the highest % of the votes will get (un)banned.
Make a new rule that says that the same card cannot be (un)banned more then 3 weeks in a row. (3 weeks of being voted to stay means an autoban, 3 weeks of banning means an autostay)

This way the players will control which cards are (un)banned and also the same amount of cards is being (un)banned every week." sweet idea
518/533
rhench - Veteran English
Wednesday 23/03/2011, 06:57

I'd like to see a little more parity in the ban list. GHEIST, which I happen to like a lot, has Toro, Bristone, Rolph and Leviatonn all permanently banned. Bristone doesn't even belong on the list, for one thing, and that's a lot of GHEIST to be banning when there's cards out there significantly more annoying and ubiquitous than any of those.
519/533
SpacemanSpliff - Veteran English
Wednesday 23/03/2011, 18:05

How nice to come back to UR and see theyve turned elo type 1 into garbage. I used to have a a half a chance with a not-too-expensive Sakrohm deck, I could at least break 1200 and it was enjoyable. Now instead of having fun I'm sitting here totally disgusted with it, I can get in the top 150 in daily tournaments with ease with my Sakrohm decks, but now I can't even maintain 1000. I used to be able to beat Vortex players with Sakrohm, now I might as well go smoke a cigarette and let the battle timeout when I see one of them because I can no longer rely on finding some strategic way of dealing 12 damage to them to win because now theyll survive, and not only that, theyll survive with a mountain of pills.
ELO type 1 used to be about how you play your 2 and 3 star cards.. now its all about how many 4 and 5 star cards you can squeeze in your deck. Pathetic

ELO Type 1 is Type 1 rules and 12 damage... thats what type 1 is... if people want a foolishly imbalanced ELO system that favors certain clans and leaves others out in the cold then fine.. Call it ELO Nub Division, make another room for it and another ladder and give me back my ELO Type 1.
520/533
HotShot888 - Guru English
Wednesday 23/03/2011, 20:32

I haven't played ELO for weeks now because of the life change. And it looks like it's gonna stay.

Dear admins, the fact that we stopped complaining doesn't mean we accepted the change. It's just that we already said what we could, no point in repeating.

Or at least increase star limit by 1 or 2 to balance the life change. Not like I would play it, but some people may find it interesting

« Previous12...4748495051525354Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals