Hello, I recently just made a Death Match guide and after overwhelming support (a few people) I have now decided to make a Survivor one, This one will be Type 2 and later on I will make Elo Survivor.
1.Include at least two Damage Reducers and at least one Soa. Damage reducers are probably the most important type of cards in survivor since as your progress you get a higher amount of health and lower amount of pills, so you must play to your strength and try and protect your high life because you may be able to win with just one shot. Soa is also crucial because in survivor you will generally find cards like Kolos, Kenny, Slyth and cards that are massive hitters, with a Soa you can stop these cards if you need to, it also provides a great bluff as no one wants to throw out a card against a Soa.
2.Try not to rely too much on abilities to help you win, sometimes you will verse GHEIST and Roots and if you are purely relying on cards that require abilities to win or ability to inflict great amounts of damage you won’t be able to get far. Try and include at least one 8 powered card and at least three 7 powered cards just in case you verse pure Soa.
@Kid Morbid They both have the same sort of rules but under a different format. I will make you one anyway
Survivor Elo Guide:
1. Have atleast 2 Soas and 1 Damage reducer, DRs are not as important in this format because in Type 2 you will always run into the threat of 2HKOs while in Survivor Elo it is more about 3/4 round matches (usually) another thing Survivor Elo thrives off are abilities, Usually Pill or Life manip (because both of these change in later rounds) these ability cards can make or break the game and with 2 soas you are more then likely to get atleast one.
2. Like in the other guide, try not to rely too much on abilities but it is important to have a few Nuke cards which in survivor tend to be cards that have life manip, poison and pill manip. If all your cards are just sterdy say 4 damagers it will not help too much because the idea is you remove extra life from your opponents so a situational heal card like Nyema with fury and bonus could be much more devestating then say Nanook, Gaia and Taigo all put together. This being said you should never have more then 4 of these sort of cards.
3. This is a matter of preference but I like to go to half decks as usually clans in Elo are not stable enough to have a perfect deck without at least one banned character also clans can also help eachother out like Jungo and Pussycats or GHEIST and Piranas (the reason this is different to the type 2 guide is that in type 2 all you want is a bonus that helps you beat opponent cards. In Elo it’s more of bonuses that save pills, protect life and protect from abilities.
4. Look at the opponent’s amount of pills! Now if you are versing an opponent with say 9 pills and 15 life they will play very different to having 12 pills and life. If you normally would use 7 pills on a big hitter in your hand against a 12/12 player then the 9/15 player would probably not use so many pills as that’s almost all of his. So try and limit it to 4 or 5 because if you waste pills you will have as much as they do but they will have more life.
5. If you have a Soa or a Damage Reducer in your hand Don’t use them first as the opponent can easily counter you, save them for later rounds as it will put the opponent under stress and pressure as your card could easily destroy their damage or ability, it’s a great idea to put the opponent under pressure because you get different pills and life so the opponent is already thinking in a different way meaning if you keep your cool you can take advantage of the opponent and try and make them do silly moves.
6. Always have an attack wall, I know in the other guide I said they were optional but these are absolutely essential in this format, cards like Corrina can still win against a 3 pilled card without using a single pill in some circumstances and since you need all the pills you can get attack walls can sometimes be better for converving pills then Pill Manipulators themselves! also Defeat cards are a lot more stronger here (you don't need one but its recomended)
Thats the Elo Guide for now, sorry it took so long to make and I am awear that a few of the rules were coppied from the other but they still do apply.