Highway to Heaven

Highway to Heaven
Friday 08/07/2011, 11:39
Orpheus - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
116 messages
Highway to Heaven
Orpheus - Legend - LOST in UrbanEnglish - Friday 08/07/2011, 11:39

One biker makes a loner; two a couple; three and its starting to look like a club! With that in mind, Bragh and his pretty but dangerous girlfriend, Hopper Ld, have just formed the Paradise Devils and are all set to scour the roads of Clint City on their Harley. You’re welcome to join them but just don't get in their way!

Hopper Ld is a legendary character who is only available by carrying out missions connected with her. To obtain this character, you must unlock her latest mission before August 7.
« Previous12...56789101112Next »

81/116
The_HoAx - Hero English
Wednesday 13/07/2011, 02:00

@0UC-DarkEagle: Who said that we wanted them to be OP, we just want them to be somewhat playable not an extra star for one extra Damage/Power (In the case of Hopper and Scott) or the same as another card with the other card being better (Bella is the same as Sharon but is worse against SoA and requires Revenge).

Also you said in post 74 that we wanted these missions easier?!?! They should be harder as they are very easily obtainable, I have seen quite a few level 16s with a legendary card with the other cards in their hand totaling up to about 1500 clintz. It just shows that ANYBODY can afford a cheap deck to get these so called "Legendary cards" all you need is to be level 15 to get in the game modes. Therefore these cards don't even deserve the name legendary as they are as common as dirt.

I believe the missions to acquire these cards should be a lot more difficult like the requirements after they changed Dudley Ld and Kreenk Ld missions on their first go around making it so yo have to actually use the clan for the missions, rather than just get a deck full of random life gainers and have a good time getting the missions done in about 30 minutes.
82/116
Sorin Savage - Legend - the shockwaves English
Wednesday 13/07/2011, 06:48

I've been an avid player for a few years now an to be honest these missions werent easy to get Hopper Ld. I used Adler, Askai, Bragh, Chill, Eduardo, Nahema, Ongh, and Ronald with Bridget and Scopica added in for the life gain during those particular missions. In all it took me 6 hours of straight non stop playing to get Hopper Ld. I truly enjoyed taking on these missions to get her wether she was worth it or not it was fun for me and ill leave it at that. It doesn't matter if a card is good or bad. Personally i enjoyed the battles and enjoyed obtaining the card. people should realize that this game is meant to be fun not to obtain the most powerful cards in the game to K.O. everyone. its a game of strategy and skill. Use the cards given to you and make the best of them. I don't always win battles but I know I have fun win or lose.
83/116
FrankyJoe - Hero English
Wednesday 13/07/2011, 08:37

Bit off topic but is anyone else getting "We are upgrading our db, site is closed for a moment."
84/116
Ambriell - Titan - Perfect Defect Effect English
Wednesday 13/07/2011, 09:01

@The_HoAx:

I believe it was discussed when Dudley Ld first came out, that Legendary Cards adds extra motivation for those who have full collections (100% of cards and Crs). Making people PLAY for cards that can only be obtained from missions was the -main idea- of the Legendary Collection. As such, in my opinion, they should be regarded as Collectors (somewhat like Crs), except that they cannot be bought or traded. Regarding it this way, it would appear that these cards would not -require- to be playable. They can be used as alternatives to just 'show off' that you can build a deck around a Ld, but it should in no way be made into a staple card (just like how some people regard Bonnie Ld as a staple).

I agree with you that Legendary missions should be made more difficult. However, they should in no way contain card specific missions, such as KO with Ghumbo or win rounds with Graff. By doing so, it makes it unfair for new players to obtain them just to complete the mission. They should, however, make it Clan-limited (win rounds with Montana, gain Life with Jungo -only-), as after all, it is a Legendary card for a particular Clan. Such missions should be able to be completed, even with low levelled commons.

As I suggested in post #77, those are just some of the ideas that I have regarding the difficulty of Legendary missions. It should be difficult but do-able for all players from Novice to Divinity.
85/116
Wednesday 13/07/2011, 09:08

@ Sorin Savage :

Just so you know, you did not have to use Jungo for parts 2 and 3 of the missions. You could gain Life with Aurora, Oflgn, etc., and it would still add to the Legendary Mission completion. But I agree with you that completing the mission with a Jungo deck would make it more fun and give an added satisfaction for earning your Hooper Ld.

On a side note, I remember when Dudley Ld's initial mission requiring Candy Jack to deal damage; it was fun to see 7x Candy Jack + 1 Developing Card in Lost Warehouse at those times.
86/116
0UC-DarkEagle - Titan - UpperClass Deutsch
Wednesday 13/07/2011, 10:13

@The_HoAx: read it correctly, I said that for the first time when Dudley Ld and Kreenk Ld came out, the missions were harder, and a lot of people were complaining on how hard they were, how it took them days to get them, how the cards to use where too expensive, and the missions were too hard. I didnt say people want the missions currently needed to get an Ld are too hard.

The staff took the communities input on the missions for Dudley Ld and Kreenk Ld to heart, and made the missions easier (strange huh if everybody asks for it), but the community like always is like fickle 5 year old in a candy store and will never know what it wants.

@Otakun, my sentiments exactly, but still I concider every Ld playable, the only unplayable cards out there are cards like Bob Joby (with 3 power or less and no ability). this is the last time I'm going to to say this: Ld's do not need to be the new staple heck they wont even need to be your new second or third choice for the starcount to be somewhat useful. (for example Scott Ld was imo simply added to provide a dmg reducer for every starcount in Rescue).
87/116
supersereba - Senior English
Wednesday 13/07/2011, 10:55

Did you du a mising.:
88/116
Wednesday 13/07/2011, 11:49

@ 0UC-DarkEagle :

Yes, the first few Lds that appeared came with missions that were unfair to starting players. I keep mentioning the KO with Ghumbo mission as new players will not be able to complete the mission unless they bought credits to actually buy Ghumbo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I believe The_HoAx is trying to say, is that the UR staff took the comments to simplify the Legendary missions too far for Hopper Ld's missions by not limiting the Life gain (steps 2 and 3) to Jungo only cards. In example, the mission should read "Win 50 Life Points in survivor mode with a Jungo" instead of just "Win 50 Life Points in survivor". Also perhaps 50 Life Points is too easy to achieve, and should be made to win 100 Life Points instead.

No doubt, many people may full pill Nyema with fury and lose the round, just to make sure they gain the quick 7 Life Point gain, but it is really up to the person how he wants to play his Legendary Mission. This was the case for most of the previous Lds, where people played full pill (with fury if damage is required) just to complete missions quickly. All I can say to this is, "To each his own".

Lastly, yes. Ld cards are playable, but it is not -required- to be playable. If you want, you can build a deck around a "horrible" Ld and play it, just to show others that you have it. You can even put all 8 Lds (so far) as a deck and play with it if you want to. Lds are meant to be semi-playable, and should in no way be overpowered cards.
89/116
0 SickMyDuck - Veteran English
Wednesday 13/07/2011, 14:36

I still don't get how can lvl 20- people complain about these LD issues.

''Oh,i just started playing mtg yesterday,i wanna have a black lotus,bu huu i cant get it''

It's OBVIOUS that people who have been around for a while have easy life on these mission.
It's OBVIOUS that a lvl 15 player can't get them straight away,or will take more time.

And still,missions are a joke.Really,i started yesterday for Hopper Ld,ill be finished in 1 hour.What's gonna take for a freshman:one,two more days?

Imho,missions should be though,and also should be elitary.They should require though cards,though missions,though goals,like it was in the beginning.The way to make it fair for the freshmans,could be to make it cumulative,for examplelayer lvl 15 goes step 1-2 and is stuck to step 3;next time the LD pops out,he could be more prepared to do the mission,starting over from step 3,and so on.

Making LD's cheaper to obtain is killing the whole LD idea,i think.
90/116
The_HoAx - Hero English
Thursday 14/07/2011, 02:13

@ Sick My Duck:
I've seen level 15s with legendary cards and 3 other crap cards in their hand it isn't difficult for them at all to get them.

« Previous12...56789101112Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals